5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Hemi coming?

mplaramie

Reaction score
It would be good to still have a Hemi V8 in the Ram line up. However, I'll be PISSED since I'm getting a 24 because it's the last year of the Hemi. Ugh.....🤔

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if they change their tune based off consumer feedback we”ll just have to wait and see it helps that the other two competitors are still gonna offer a v8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Aren't they in the process of offering buyouts to half their white collar work force?

I think it's time to face facts, unfortunately it looks like Stellantis is headed down. I doubt there will be any new v8 from them.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Aren't they in the process of offering buyouts to half their white collar work force?

I think it's time to face facts, unfortunately it looks like Stellantis is headed down. I doubt there will be any new v8 from them.

Salaried workers are ~7% of the total workforce. Estimates that half of those offered will take the buyout puts it at like a 2% total workforce reduction.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I would like to hope so, but they would have announced it if that was the case, especially with the grumblings from their fan base. Why on earth would they keep a new V8 under wraps?

They are all in on the I6, even when talking about the possible TRX return, it would likely be a I6 with a hybrid system.

Makes no sense in what they have done so far. But you never know, maybe this guy is on to something, maybe they are hedging their bets before making an announcement? Also, GM and Ford are investing in next gen V8s, maybe Stellantis has changed their mind.

silver billet

Reaction score
Salaried workers are ~7% of the total workforce. Estimates that half of those offered will take the buyout puts it at like a 2% total workforce reduction.

I'm not concerned about the total workforce number, but if they're laying off engineers then my guess is the ICE guys go first.

A quote:
“As we prepare for the transition to electric vehicles, Stellantis announced today that it will offer a voluntary separation package to assist those non-represented employees who would like to separate or retire from the Company to pursue other interests with a favorable package of benefits.”

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking they have to have some sort of V8 if nothing else as an entry level engine into the HD trucks which then could be offered in other vehicles. If their is one in the works you can bet Stalantius will stay tight lipped until closer to the launch date as they won't want to cripple sales of the Hurricane while people wait for a V8 to come out.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
After the moves are making I wouldn't trust a new V8 from them.
Are they just going to stop producing parts 2 years after releasing the engine?
They clearly made their choice at this point and they don't care about what the american consumer wants from the company and have gone the euro route with their engines, Fiat anyone?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have been watching the between the lines moments with the electric charger talk...

You would know Dodge was not leaving a V8 out of their cars.

Dodge definitely has a V8. They definitely have an engine bay for it.

RAM HeftyDuty can not use the straight 6.

The Internet worries too much...

And I don't worry at all with 3 Hemis right now...🤣🤣🤣

They literally built the hellcat and then the demon with hardly anyone knowing they where coming.

Oh, and read back through posts here...or especially on Facebook.

RAM and Dodge both watch social media.

All the doofs on there saying how great the power is with the ecoboost...the doofs just wish RAM and Hemi could beat the ecoboost.

So they build an engine that will beat the ecoboost

SMH

silver billet

Reaction score
If you have been watching the between the lines moments with the electric charger talk...

You would know Dodge was not leaving a V8 out of their cars.

Dodge definitely has a V8. They definitely have an engine bay for it.

RAM HeftyDuty can not use the straight 6.

The Internet worries too much...

And I don't worry at all with 3 Hemis right now...🤣🤣🤣

They literally built the hellcat and then the demon with hardly anyone knowing they where coming.

Oh, and read back through posts here...or especially on Facebook.

RAM and Dodge both watch social media.

All the doofs on there saying how great the power is with the ecoboost...the doofs just wish RAM and Hemi could beat the ecoboost.

So they build an engine that will beat the ecoboost

SMH

I will help you hope.

I have my truck too, so I'm not too worried about what I'm doing short term.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not concerned about the total workforce number, but if they're laying off engineers then my guess is the ICE guys go first.

A quote:
That could be true. But based on what I've read about car makers scaling back their EV plans, it could also be possible that they were being too ambitious in hiring for an EV program that they now need to rethink that decision. Maybe they're trying to get rid of some of those people. Call me an optimist? 🤷‍♂️

Dewey

Reaction score
Not trying to be political but an administration change in DC would completely change the EV plans again. That’s just how it goes.

silver billet

Reaction score
Not trying to be political but an administration change in DC would completely change the EV plans again. That’s just how it goes.
I think its too late for that. These decisions are made years in advance, factories spool up, third party vendors start making stuff, you can't just switch direction quickly like that especially since there are no guarantees that after 4 years the decisions isn't reversed yet again. So if for example FCA has no v8 in development, then they won't be in a position to put one in a car/truck if the administration changes the rules. GM and Ford are in a better position it seems, GM especially is still heavily involved in V8 development for new SUV's and trucks and working on their next gen small blocks. Ford's 5.0 is still new after their latest update last year (they just added an MDS system too) and can run for another 5 to 10 years without them touching it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll ask again (rhetorically), why the F* aren't we building the ever living sh*t out of Gen IV Nuke plants to power this new EV surge?

Frankly, with all the reports of insurance companies refusing to cover used EV's, I think there's going to be a big stall at some point.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'll ask again (rhetorically), why the F* aren't we building the ever living sh*t out of Gen IV Nuke plants to power this new EV surge?

Frankly, with all the reports of insurance companies refusing to cover used EV's, I think there's going to be a big stall at some point.
Have any articles about companies refusing to cover used EV?
I would be super pissed if I bought an EV and found out I couldn't insure it LOL.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will help you hope.

I have my truck too, so I'm not too worried about what I'm doing short term.
I am not hoping. I follow all the mopar news and even get some insider info from time to time .

I am not the least bit concerned about the future of RAM trucks...I am hopeful people start trading in like mad since prices have tanked and rumors of the end are getting people to jump on those 23 and 24 model year trucks. 94 k for a truck that doesn't really perform better than my 2015 that is paid off interests me zero. But seeing used prices fall from the 70s for a Powerwagn to the high 50s is very very promising. Heck, there are some 1500 5th gens finally into the low 40s/high 30s

The sky is falling crowd is doing me the biggest favor...good times!

Users who are viewing this thread