5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forums are up!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, as you can tell the new forum software is now up and running. For the most part we were able to bring everything over, as far as I can see the only things that didn't transfer over are PMs, avatars and profile information. Other than that we are all set for the future.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As noted by @devildodge in another thread, it will also show all messages as unread, you can go to the drop down and select mark forums read which will only show posts that you haven't read from then on as new.

Brandon

Reaction score
I do really like the "What's New" tab. Keeps you up to date!
The other thing I noticed is that it added "<p>" to the beginning and end of signatures. Was able to edit mine out. Maybe it had something to do with formatting on the old forum layout or something?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This format is much easier to read. And after awhile of veiwing, it is pretty easy to navigate.

I noticed the <p> on a few posts to but imagine it won't be there on posts going forward.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One other thing I noticed is avatars not showing up on threads posted in on the previous site...but it is showing up with any new posts.

So all is good

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah the <p> is a formatting issue with the older posts. Moving forward it won't be an issue.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I switched from the innovative black to the default style. I like both styles but like the blue and white of the default better.

Just an observation

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I switched from the innovative black to the default style. I like both styles but like the blue and white of the default better.

Just an observation

To be honest I actually meant to have that disabled, maintaining 2 different styles is a lot of work, but I hear your input and will look into it. I think what I will do is try to have a dark style which we are currently using with the Innovate dark and a light style so users can choose what they prefer.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest I actually meant to have that disabled, maintaining 2 different styles is a lot of work, but I hear your input and will look into it. I think what I will do is try to have a dark style which we are currently using with the Innovate dark and a light style so users can choose what they prefer.
I just happened to see it listed at the bottom of the page. The blue and white is like how MoparInsiders is and I like it there so I made the switch, but I like either just fine.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I will most likely duplicate the innovate dark style in a blue and white theme as the light style. At work right now and plan on doing some tweaks when I get home.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
looks good. going to take a little bit to used to it. 1 question. the time seems to be off a few hours ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread