5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New emissions recall for the 3rd Gen diesels

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That campaign sounds like a giant

1643225747940.gif

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I missed this but is this for all NA trucks or just CAN right now?
Rumor going around Detroit is all you lucky Canadian fellas are going to get a complimentary gold plated hammer with “Ram It!” inscribed on the handle. You’ll also receive a sticker with a hand drawn “X” and be be instructed where to place it to help find the exact place to hit on the SCR to “keep yer Ram running at optimal conditions per the EPA!”

Can’t wait to see what we get in the States! 😉

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I missed this but is this for all NA trucks or just CAN right now?
Looks like Canada right now. Maybe we will get an extended warranty or something on emissions components.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rumor going around Detroit is all you lucky Canadian fellas are going to get a complimentary gold plated hammer with “Ram It!” inscribed on the handle. You’ll also receive a sticker with a hand drawn “X” and be be instructed where to place it to help find the exact place to hit on the SCR to “keep yer Ram running at optimal conditions per the EPA!”

Can’t wait to see what we get in the States! 😉
Damn that made me laugh. Well played sir.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We don’t have anywhere near the components covered under warranty like the 2500’s and up do.

Attachments

• 1CF8A993-6C0A-45CB-908B-66392F05A68A.png
    1CF8A993-6C0A-45CB-908B-66392F05A68A.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 39

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn that made me laugh. Well played sir.
Hey! That ain’t funny!

I’m certain U.S. owners won’t fare as well. We will most likely receive a postage due envelope containing a letter stating our hammers are on a ship off the coast of Long Beach, and it is scheduled for offloading in December 2032. But as a show of good faith, Ram will provide each of us a 3’ x 6.5’ interior color matched tarp to keep our rear seat passengers from getting wet when the third brake light or rear sliding window leaks! But the good news is we can purchase our SCR “Smack me here!” sticker for $189 from our local, well stocked dealer parts department! 😉

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We don’t have anywhere near the components covered under warranty like the 2500’s and up do.
In the United States the eco diesel has 100,000 mile or 5 year warranty, the Hemi has 60,000 mile or 5 years whichever comes first.
In Canada the warranty is the same for the eco diesel and the Hemi 100,000 km or 5 year I wonder why!

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stellantis is waiting on your government to to give them a hand out before they release the repair.
You need to get your facts straight.

For the record, the US gov't and the US taxpayer have only ever profited from loan guarantees to the original Chrysler and later to FCA over the past ~30 years. In both cases, Chrysler/FCA paid off their loans early, with full interest being paid to both the private banks that actually loaned the money, and the US gov't that simply co-signed the loans. You should be thanking Chrysler/FCA for their net positive contributions to US gov't coffers.

Also, both the US gov't AND the original Ecodiesel owners profited handsomely from "Ecodieselgate", via the massive fines FCA paid to the EPA and the individual owners' compensation received (up to $3,000 per owner).

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3k ain’t greatly profiting considering the BS owners went through. VW owners up here got anywhere between 5-15k per vehicle and repairs or a buyback depending on vehicle Year. If they are still Fing around with emissions and software hacks then they should be paying out a ton to those of us who bought one assuming they had stuff figured out. The resale issues alone require that. Man. Dealer here (sitting in lobby as I type this ) has zero idea what the recall entails. And my battery is pooched and they ordered one which may fix my staring issues. I hope. Sigh.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3k ain’t greatly profiting considering the BS owners went through. VW owners up here got anywhere between 5-15k per vehicle and repairs or a buyback depending on vehicle Year. If they are still Fing around with emissions and software hacks then they should be paying out a ton to those of us who bought one assuming they had stuff figured out. The resale issues alone require that. Man. Dealer here (sitting in lobby as I type this ) has zero idea what the recall entails. And my battery is pooched and they ordered one which may fix my staring issues. I hope. Sigh.
No kidding the dealer has exactly the same information you do.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to get your facts straight.

For the record, the US gov't and the US taxpayer have only ever profited from loan guarantees to the original Chrysler and later to FCA over the past ~30 years. In both cases, Chrysler/FCA paid off their loans early, with full interest being paid to both the private banks that actually loaned the money, and the US gov't that simply co-signed the loans. You should be thanking Chrysler/FCA for their net positive contributions to US gov't coffers.

Also, both the US gov't AND the original Ecodiesel owners profited handsomely from "Ecodieselgate", via the massive fines FCA paid to the EPA and the individual owners' compensation received (up to $3,000 per owner).
What government do you think I was talking about? I said "your" not mine *******

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here in Texas we have Ram Care which gives every new Ram purchaser two years of free oil changes and tire rotations (two per year). I took mine in to Finnegan CJDR of Rosenberg on Friday for the 5,000 mile change and rotation. It took two hours and when the Service Writer went over my service ticket with me, I noticed they updated the PCM - which is the second time it has been updated in 2022.

The Service Writer said this update was to take care of a DEF consumption issue and a few other items. I asked if it was the same as the DEF system recall in Canada and she responded she did not know but did know this PCM update is related to the DEF injection. I haven’t noticed any change in drivability and it’s too soon to see if DEF consumption has changed.

And yes, you get what you pay for…that free oil change includes the tech failing to reset the oil life meter, oil splatter all over the engine cowling, and oil dripping like crazy in the driveway as the damned fool doesn’t know the business end of a shop rag.

Attachments

• 8B6CE542-954E-4FDF-B96F-A0707093234A.jpeg
    8B6CE542-954E-4FDF-B96F-A0707093234A.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 5AEE0919-0978-4C14-8C5A-DB98F5DC553E.jpeg
    5AEE0919-0978-4C14-8C5A-DB98F5DC553E.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 32
  • F4AA045D-2D71-43CE-B518-4951006C776E.jpeg
    F4AA045D-2D71-43CE-B518-4951006C776E.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 31

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here in Texas we have Ram Care which gives every new Ram purchaser two years of free oil changes and tire rotations (two per year). I took mine in to Finnegan CJDR of Rosenberg on Friday for the 5,000 mile change and rotation. It took two hours and when the Service Writer went over my service ticket with me, I noticed they updated the PCM - which is the second time it has been updated in 2022.

The Service Writer said this update was to take care of a DEF consumption issue and a few other items. I asked if it was the same as the DEF system recall in Canada and she responded she did not know but did know this PCM update is related to the DEF injection. I haven’t noticed any change in drivability and it’s too soon to see if DEF consumption has changed.

And yes, you get what you pay for…that free oil change includes the tech failing to reset the oil life meter, oil splatter all over the engine cowling, and oil dripping like crazy in the driveway as the damned fool doesn’t know the business end of a shop rag.
That’s a bummer for the oil change service, you should let the manager know what you encountered, it has never happened to me to gat oil dripping after a dealer oil change, I would know because my truck is parked on a clean cement floor in my garage every day.

That does sound like the same PCM update, it’s weird how many CJDR vehicles are manufactured in Canada and US but the warranty and the build options can be so different. Even the website is so different, I tried the build and price option for US customers, I was building a truck and noticed on the engine option, it showed the ecodiesel $4,900 it’s sounds expensive but that’s going from the 3.6 V 6 gas engine, the 5.7 Hemi option was $2500 over the 3.6 V6 gas, so the ecodiesel is only $2400 more than the Hemi, I saw many US people post on this forum and other automotive website saying it would take so many years to pay for the $4900 option, the reality would actually be half that time because the comparison was done between the ecodiesel and the Hemi and the added cost is $2400.
I know for sure, my other truck had the Hemi, I’m saving every time I fuel up, my ecodiesel payed for itself in less than a year, it was a $1400 option because of a promotion in Canada at the time of purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread