5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 5th-Gen 1500 Fuse / Relay / Circuit Breaker Diagrams & Documentation

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am sure you have figured this out by now, but someone else may be searching and here is what I learned. On the interior F54 is "customer selectable" (up to) 20A and is switched. I used a tap to hook up my dash cam.
Yeah, just trying to find more options. I’ve got a switch rack that needs an accessory fuse tap and a lightbar with DRL’s. I’m trying not to tap into wires for the headlights but the surprising lack of fuse tap points for accessory power in the engine bay has me considering it

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@HAL9001

Thanks for doing this! I've printed out your sheets and they sit in my toolbox alongside all the spare fuses. This type of quick-reference makes troubleshooting soooo much easier. (Since fuses tend to fry at 0200 on a rainy night in deserted area. ;) )

Seriously: awesome and thanks for sharing.

Ken

Ari K

Reaction score
I need 12v Power outlet (IGN on only, Max 200w) to bed of my truck. I guess somebody has already done that. What would be easy and smart way to do it?

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I need 12v Power outlet (IGN on only, Max 200w) to bed of my truck. I guess somebody has already done that. What would be easy and smart way to do it?
There’s probably an easier way than my idea but if you ran a relay with signal power coming from the interior fuse box F54 ( which only powers on with ignition if you move the fuse to the right two spots ) and got power from the battery or the engine bay fuse box that would work. If you want 200 watts I’d do at last a 20/30 amp relay

Boone Down South

Reaction score
So I see the fuses that have been referenced here for constant power are in the internal power distribution center. Are there any constant power fuses in the external power distribution center?

HAL9001 - Thank you so much for putting in the work for this. This is great!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I see the fuses that have been referenced here for constant power are in the internal power distribution center. Are there any constant power fuses in the external power distribution center?

HAL9001 - Thank you so much for putting in the work for this. This is great!
I don’t know for sure on the fuses but all of those studs on the side of the external fuse box always have power, I think they are labeled “NO1 - 6 on the fuse box lid. Not sure if anyone has tested the external fuses but all it would take is a fuse tap and a voltmeter to find out. :)

clangren

Reaction score
Note: I've updated the RAM 1500 5th-Gen Power Distribution Centers website and the pdf attachments in this thread yet again. In addition to expanding the fuse descriptions from their esoteric acronyms to their full meaning, they now also include web links to help explain the function of the components that each fuse protects. This helped me a lot and I hope it can help others too. Simply click on the fuse description and it will link to a website with the component's full description.

I found the meaning and description links for almost all of the fuses, but I could use some help with the few that remain undefined. If anyone knows the meaning of the following and a descriptive web link, please let me know:

Supply / Purging Pump
Bank 3 Switch
SW Window
Rear Coolant Temp
Wake Up

I'm also looking for a description of the circuits that Circuit Breakers # 1-4 protect.
I have a 2021 diesel and was looking for an external switched power source. My truck has a fuse in location F53 as noted in your documentation, i.e. the Supply / Purging Pump.

This block provided 0V with ignition off, 12V while running, then down to 3V for about 3 minutes after shutting the ignition off, and then dropping back to 0V. Not sure if that provides any useful info, but thought I would post what I found.

I'm using a tap in F53 to drive a 2A load.

2001gw

Reaction score
To HAL9001.....Thanks for all your hard work in putting all this together! :)(y)(y)

Last edited:

Triple X

Reaction score
This is fantastic!
Thank you!

I have a 2021 1500 and I noticed when I connect my new enclosed trailer the power to the battery charger to the trailer brakes battery is always on.
Any way to change this so it's only on when the engine is running?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
This is fantastic!
Thank you!

I have a 2021 1500 and I noticed when I connect my new enclosed trailer the power to the battery charger to the trailer brakes battery is always on.
Any way to change this so it's only on when the engine is running?
Of course. But it won't be easy.

First you need to find a Key-on wire to tap into. Then you use it to trigger a relay you have inserted in the charging line. Finding a key-on wire is the hard part.

Or you install one of these. https://www.jaycorptech.com/p-221-dual-battery-smart-isolator-12v-relay-for-autoboatrv.aspx

kd908070

Reaction score
I'm looking for the fuse of the front headlight? Can someone help me which fuse it is? I have read all 3 document and it doesn't mention anything about the headlamp.
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie.
Thank you so much. Laramie Headlight.JPG

HAL9001

Reaction score
I'm looking for the fuse of the front headlight? Can someone help me which fuse it is? I have read all 3 document and it doesn't mention anything about the headlamp.
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie.
Thank you so much. View attachment 106614
1632921976429.png
What kind of headlights do you have? If they're HID, check Fuse 55 and 61. Other types of headlights do not have their own fuse as they're controlled by an electronic control module which itself may be fused. The Central Body Controller (CBC) usually controls lighting.

Last edited:

kd908070

Reaction score
Thanks Richard320 & HAL9001. My RAM uses the LED, so no fuse at F55 & F61. Good to know that headlight module has its own fuse built-in.

Users who are viewing this thread