5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 Limited Fit & Finish / QC Gripes / Nitpicks / Questions

JZ787

Reaction score
I have an issue with my passenger side seat belt creaking and clicking only when someone is using the seat. Dealer looked into it today and found that the seat belt retractor and adjuster at the B pillar were installed incorrectly with a washer missing. They had to order a new retractor as the part was damaged because of this. My build date was Jan 15th 21.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Other than the creaking in my driver’s side seat, the Limited seats are absurdly comfortable. No complaints.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an issue with my passenger side seat belt creaking and clicking only when someone is using the seat. Dealer looked into it today and found that the seat belt retractor and adjuster at the B pillar were installed incorrectly with a washer missing. They had to order a new retractor as the part was damaged because of this. My build date was Jan 15th 21.

That's a very good data point. I think what I'll end up doing is record a video of only the manufacturing defects and send them off to FCA in a week or so. These are purely nitpick items but small clicks / failed clips / adhesive today becomes falling apart in 3-4 years and by then it's too late.

Triple X

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.
My '21 started doing this on the drivers side.

romeotango49

Reaction score
Thought I’d detail a few issues I’ve found on a brand new Limited 1500 and see if I’m alone or if anyone has fixed these themselves.

FYI to to @RamCares who I’ll be emailing photos + VIN to tomorrow

1. Sport Hood, both front black plastic pieces on each side of the hood are not secured fully, they have a small gap and could use some adhesive
2. Tech Package heads up display plastic is not seated all of the way down and I can just pull it back as if there’s a broken clip on one side
3. Limited badge on upper glove box the L is raised a bit, also as If there’s supposed to be adhesive there and isn’t. The L sort of has play in it if I push on my finger
4. First full system freeze-up of uConnect 4 already occurred. WiFi Hotspot died, then CarPlay died. NAV was still working but unresponsive. holding down the tune/power buttons for 10 seconds triggered a reboot and we’ve been good since
5. Driver seat belt creaks / clicks when you move around on your seat with the seat belt on. It’s not the normal “lock mode” clicking but a soft click sound that is through the entire movement of the seat belt. No other belt does this in the car
6. Rear seat, driver side has a 1” gap between the fold down arm rest and the seat when the arm rest is up. One of the sides is not fully seated, can’t tell which
7. Multi function tailgate doesn’t feel put together. I’m about to put a 600 pound Bike on it so we’ll see but when opened, I can grab both sides of the tail gate and push the tail gate more together and when closed, I can push center of tailgate and there’s a lot of play / movement
8. Twice, we’ve driven off and all cab lights are still on. Nothing seems to fix it. After we completely stop, power cycle the truck, they turn off the on/off buttons go back to wor king again and lights are off / work as they should
9. I wish I could run OEM NAV + Sirius (Media) in split screen. Is this possible? It works with CarPlay obviously but not OEM navigation
10. Where is the rear power window button? I’ll check the owners manual but so far, havne’t found it
11. RAM Charger Qi charger is WAY slower than I expected. It must be limited to 5 watts on iPhone because it took about 2 hours to get from 95% to 100% maybe the large iPhone is just not fully on the Qi Charger thing fully?
12. Digital rear view mirror, camera covered with condensation in the morning and pretty unusable at night due to a fairly sensitive ISO white noise level and headlights. Also the rear view mirror is smoking hot when in use. Hard to touch. This thing is very hot even when it was 45 degrees outside in Ohio this morning.
13. Looking for recommendations on LED replacement lights for the vanity mirrrors. I honestly thought every light in this car was LED and those aren’t. Bummed but those are usually very easy replacements with a tiny pick
14. How do I get the NAV to go to dark mode? Last night it was so insanely bright while driving past dark we have brightness set to auto and it doesn’t really seem to lower in brightness as the night goes on. Thoughts?
15. Which Mopar part number Mud flaps fits the Limited?
16. What’s the part number for front wheel well liners?
17. Middle part of sport hood has a lot of scuffing on the back side of it facing my windshield. Plastic scuffs, no big deal but I’ve been staring at a 6” long Brillo pad scuff all day as it’s right in front of me.

Last thing, auto up down on windows doesn’t work on all 4? C’mon RAM that’s cheap. The $18,000 Jetta in 2015 had that. Any coding I can do to turn that on?

Coming from the German car world, some of these are nit picks but I thought I’d pass them on and maybe get some advice.
#12 on your list. I noticed mine runs pretty warm after a short bit. Not sure if it’s normal but will ask the dealer when I take it in for it’s first oil change. I don’t use it as much as I did when I first bought in mid Jan. Pretty unusable at night.

Also the clip underneath my passenger front seat (holds the seat leather to the frame) pops off all the time. Noticed it about 3 weeks after I drove it off the lot. My 16 year old seems to have the right weight for it to pop it off. My wife doesn’t or maybe how she enters/exits the truck.
Wish the mirrors had the auto fold option on it.

2021 Ram Limited Night Edition; 5.7L V8 HEMI with eTorque Engine, Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat, 3.21 Rear Axle Ratio, Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group, Limited Level 1 Group, Anti Spin Differential, Panoramic Sunroof

Rick J

Reaction score
Same truck that we got in March so thought I’d give you more of a comparison.

As far as the rear windows not being auto up/down, that really annoyed me also. Our 03 Jetta has that. It’s not coding based as it’s more switched based. You can feel the difference with the tactile ’click’ in the switch between the two. Can they be added…..🤷🏼‍♂️

I know not much help but just a reference.
It is not the switch, it is programming. You can change it for the front windows. New switch in the back windows won't help.

Users who are viewing this thread