5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2021 Limited Fit & Finish / QC Gripes / Nitpicks / Questions

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thought I’d detail a few issues I’ve found on a brand new Limited 1500 and see if I’m alone or if anyone has fixed these themselves.

FYI to to @RamCares who I’ll be emailing photos + VIN to tomorrow

1. Sport Hood, both front black plastic pieces on each side of the hood are not secured fully, they have a small gap and could use some adhesive
2. Tech Package heads up display plastic is not seated all of the way down and I can just pull it back as if there’s a broken clip on one side
3. Limited badge on upper glove box the L is raised a bit, also as If there’s supposed to be adhesive there and isn’t. The L sort of has play in it if I push on my finger
4. First full system freeze-up of uConnect 4 already occurred. WiFi Hotspot died, then CarPlay died. NAV was still working but unresponsive. holding down the tune/power buttons for 10 seconds triggered a reboot and we’ve been good since
5. Driver seat belt creaks / clicks when you move around on your seat with the seat belt on. It’s not the normal “lock mode” clicking but a soft click sound that is through the entire movement of the seat belt. No other belt does this in the car
6. Rear seat, driver side has a 1” gap between the fold down arm rest and the seat when the arm rest is up. One of the sides is not fully seated, can’t tell which
7. Multi function tailgate doesn’t feel put together. I’m about to put a 600 pound Bike on it so we’ll see but when opened, I can grab both sides of the tail gate and push the tail gate more together and when closed, I can push center of tailgate and there’s a lot of play / movement
8. Twice, we’ve driven off and all cab lights are still on. Nothing seems to fix it. After we completely stop, power cycle the truck, they turn off the on/off buttons go back to wor king again and lights are off / work as they should
9. I wish I could run OEM NAV + Sirius (Media) in split screen. Is this possible? It works with CarPlay obviously but not OEM navigation
10. Where is the rear power window button? I’ll check the owners manual but so far, havne’t found it
11. RAM Charger Qi charger is WAY slower than I expected. It must be limited to 5 watts on iPhone because it took about 2 hours to get from 95% to 100% maybe the large iPhone is just not fully on the Qi Charger thing fully?
12. Digital rear view mirror, camera covered with condensation in the morning and pretty unusable at night due to a fairly sensitive ISO white noise level and headlights. Also the rear view mirror is smoking hot when in use. Hard to touch. This thing is very hot even when it was 45 degrees outside in Ohio this morning.
13. Looking for recommendations on LED replacement lights for the vanity mirrrors. I honestly thought every light in this car was LED and those aren’t. Bummed but those are usually very easy replacements with a tiny pick
14. How do I get the NAV to go to dark mode? Last night it was so insanely bright while driving past dark we have brightness set to auto and it doesn’t really seem to lower in brightness as the night goes on. Thoughts?
15. Which Mopar part number Mud flaps fits the Limited?
16. What’s the part number for front wheel well liners?
17. Middle part of sport hood has a lot of scuffing on the back side of it facing my windshield. Plastic scuffs, no big deal but I’ve been staring at a 6” long Brillo pad scuff all day as it’s right in front of me.

Last thing, auto up down on windows doesn’t work on all 4? C’mon RAM that’s cheap. The $18,000 Jetta in 2015 had that. Any coding I can do to turn that on?

Coming from the German car world, some of these are nit picks but I thought I’d pass them on and maybe get some advice.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since I don't have mine yet, I'm little help, but I know that some cell phone cases can interfere with wireless charging. But, I assumed that the problem ones prevented it from charging altogether as opposed to just slowing it down drastically.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
The dial on the right will turn the interior lights on and off, it'll adjusts the dash and main screen as well. I hope this helps.

There is also multiple settings for how the factory nav screen looks in the settings as well.
9c8a98e1b295f1f4a9d2e863d4c30a3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

RickWaz

Reaction score
Thought I’d detail a few issues I’ve found on a brand new Limited 1500 and see if I’m alone or if anyone has fixed these themselves.

1. Sport Hood, both front black plastic pieces on each side of the hood are not secured fully, they have a small gap and could use some adhesive
2. Tech Package heads up display plastic is not seated all of the way down and I can just pull it back as if there’s a broken clip on one side
3. Limited badge on upper glove box the L is raised a bit, also as If there’s supposed to be adhesive there and isn’t. The L sort of has play in it if I push on my finger
4. First full system freeze-up of uConnect 4 already occurred. WiFi Hotspot died, then CarPlay died. NAV was still working but unresponsive. holding down the tune/power buttons for 10 seconds triggered a reboot and we’ve been good since
5. Driver seat belt creaks / clicks when you move around on your seat with the seat belt on. It’s not the normal “lock mode” clicking but a soft click sound that is through the entire movement of the seat belt. No other belt does this in the car
6. Rear seat, driver side has a 1” gap between the fold down arm rest and the seat when the arm rest is up. One of the sides is not fully seated, can’t tell which
7. Multi function tailgate doesn’t feel put together. I’m about to put a 600 pound Bike on it so we’ll see but when opened, I can grab both sides of the tail gate and push the tail gate more together and when closed, I can push center of tailgate and there’s a lot of play / movement
8. Twice, we’ve driven off and all cab lights are still on. Nothing seems to fix it. After we completely stop, power cycle the truck, they turn off the on/off buttons go back to wor king again and lights are off / work as they should
9. I wish I could run OEM NAV + Sirius (Media) in split screen. Is this possible? It works with CarPlay obviously but not OEM navigation
10. Where is the rear power window button? I’ll check the owners manual but so far, havne’t found it
11. RAM Charger Qi charger is WAY slower than I expected. It must be limited to 5 watts on iPhone because it took about 2 hours to get from 95% to 100% maybe the large iPhone is just not fully on the Qi Charger thing fully?
12. Digital rear view mirror, camera covered with condensation in the morning and pretty unusable at night due to a fairly sensitive ISO white noise level and headlights. Also the rear view mirror is smoking hot when in use. Hard to touch. This thing is very hot even when it was 45 degrees outside in Ohio this morning.
13. Looking for recommendations on LED replacement lights for the vanity mirrrors. I honestly thought every light in this car was LED and those aren’t. Bummed but those are usually very easy replacements with a tiny pick
14. How do I get the NAV to go to dark mode? Last night it was so insanely bright while driving past dark we have brightness set to auto and it doesn’t really seem to lower in brightness as the night goes on. Thoughts?
17. Middle part of sport hood has a lot of scuffing on the back side of it facing my windshield. Plastic scuffs, no big deal but I’ve been staring at a 6” long Brillo pad scuff all day as it’s right in front of me.

Last thing, auto up down on windows doesn’t work on all 4? C’mon RAM that’s cheap. The $18,000 Jetta in 2015 had that. Any coding I can do to turn that on?

Coming from the German car world, some of these are nit picks but I thought I’d pass them on and maybe get some advice.

Below are some tips from the manual. MUCH luck w/ your other issues!

1622478771907.png

1622479076768.png
1622479105590.png

db252

Reaction score
Same truck that we got in March so thought I’d give you more of a comparison.

1. Our sport hood badges seem secure and solid.
2. HUD is secure. Slightly raised in back left corner but due to leather dash maybe. Doesn’t stand out.
3. Dash badging seems perfect.
4. No uConnect issues so far other than strange file wording at bottom left of screen that plenty have had as well it seems. Never connected WiFi hotspot.
5. No seat belt noises.
6. No gap and snug on both sides.
7. MFT needs firm closing on door operation and tailgate to get properly closed for us. DON’T have your hand palms over the crack of the tailgate when closing….she bites hard. The tailgate is rated to take the weight of any other tailgate.
8. Never had that happen.
9. Both of those options are available in the selections for split screen (Nav and Media) but I know the map doesn’t show up automatically and is more ‘menu’ based. That was a little annoying so we use two different setting for split or switch to full nav screen.
10. Button is in overhead console if you have the sunroof….I don’t know where it is if you don’t have a sunroof.
11. Not a quick charger for us. More of a maintenance charger but it does increase.
12. No issue for us in CA weather plus the truck is garaged. Never noticed a high temp just cuz we never really checked. Others in your climate might have some advice.
13. There are some posts that have recommendations on led upgrades. We haven’t cared so far.
14. Ours is on auto as well and goes to dark mode as soon as the headlights come on which are set to auto also. Turn on the headlights earlier if that helps or set to dark mode manually. I remember commenting on that but doesn’t stand out as much it seems now. I know you can also lower the brightness of it in the same setting.
15. Don’t know but others have added them so they are out there.
16. Someone else may know.
As far as the rear windows not being auto up/down, that really annoyed me also. Our 03 Jetta has that. It’s not coding based as it’s more switched based. You can feel the difference with the tactile ’click’ in the switch between the two. Can they be added…..🤷🏼‍♂️

I know not much help but just a reference.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Adam, please add your truck details in your sig, including the build date. My Limited was built at the end of March 2021, and I haven't seen any of the issues you're describing. I'm curious to know when yours was built.

The 2020 Laramie I traded in for my Limited had the sport hood, and the front driver side plastic piece stuck up a bit on the back. Instead of letting a dealer tech potentially mess things up, I removed it and found that the rear clip wasn't holding it in place, so I bought a replacement piece and swapped it out myself. It was something like $35. I also bought replacement trim pins for the hood insulator because that needed to be removed to get to the clips that hold the plastic piece in place. There is no adhesive on these pieces, just the clips that are integral to the plastic piece. Those pieces on my Limited fit like they are supposed to.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You've certainly given me some things to look out for when mine arrives...yours was built 5/14 as well right?

Oh and I hate the auto down vw windows! Whenever we take my girls 2018 jetta and have our dog in the back, I have a hell of a time trying to get the rear windows where I want them to be so she can get some air but not jump out. I could be wrong but the 4 window auto down seems like more of a European thing, I don't recall seeing that in U.S. cars very much.

Good luck on the rest of your trip, hope these are your only issues and you can get them resolved quickly.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Auto window up down is only for the front windows

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks all. Some of the non-trim adhesive issues are purely just nitpicking. Truck is fantastic. Zero remorse! We‘re about to hit 2,000 miles and I picked it up Saturday night!

For @mikeru82 -
2021 Limited 1500 Eco Diesel
BUG/MFT/Night Edition/Tech Package
6’4” Bed
Order 3-18, Build 5-14
No sunroof

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have had a lot of seat time in a short period
How do you like the seats?
Im coming from a Golf R which had incredible bolstering and lock in. These are the opposite and they’re the most comfortable seats ever. It’s a very nice place to sit!!! We’re very happy with them.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
8. Do you have RamBoxes and/or bed lighting, and perchance have you turned on your RamBox and/or in-bed lighting while accessing them (i.e. with the switches in the RamBoxes or bed)?

And are you sure that the tailgate is latched good and tight? Not sure about MFT trucks, but some members have reported needing to give the gate a good hard close.

9. Yes, if I’m understanding your question, it’s easy to do that. In fact, I think it’s the default 12” screen configuration. You just have to “swipe right” to the map screen when running nav in split-screen mode.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Im coming from a Golf R which had incredible bolstering and lock in. These are the opposite and they’re the most comfortable seats ever. It’s a very nice place to sit!!! We’re very happy with them.
I would have to agree with you on the seat comfort. I only have 1000 miles in the 4 weeks I've owned the truck, but the seats in my Limited are more comfortable than the seats that were in my Laramie.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the side bolstering on my Mazda 3--how it "hugs" me in place, but I'm not a big guy and it fits me perfectly. I guess "tossable" cars need more lateral support in the seats.

I had a 1992 Explorer Sport that had adjustable side-bolsters. There were air bladders in each side of the seat and you could inflate them to adjust the amount of bolster. Wonder why adjustable bolsters aren't more common?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
8. Do you have RamBoxes and/or bed lighting, and perchance have you turned on your RamBox and/or in-bed lighting while accessing them (i.e. with the switches in the RamBoxes or bed)?

And are you sure that the tailgate is latched good and tight? Not sure about MFT trucks, but some members have reported needing to give the gate a good hard close.

9. Yes, if I’m understanding your question, it’s easy to do that. In fact, I think it’s the default 12” screen configuration. You just have to “swipe right” to the map screen when running nav in split-screen mode.

I'm definitely going to spend some more time on the MFT to make sure I'm doing it right. I'm happy to throw up a private video for anyone with MFT on a tripod and show you the 'play' in it I'm experiencing to see if it's normal. I just don't want it to collapse when I finally use it.

No ram boxes here but I am unable to recreate the lighting issue. without touching anything, I turn the car off, and back on and lights go away. it's like I have a gremlin.

Nice tip on the nav screen!

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the side bolstering on my Mazda 3--how it "hugs" me in place, but I'm not a big guy and it fits me perfectly. I guess "tossable" cars need more lateral support in the seats.

I had a 1992 Explorer Sport that had adjustable side-bolsters. There were air bladders in each side of the seat and you could inflate them to adjust the amount of bolster. Wonder why adjustable bolsters aren't more common?

I would personally say that if anyone says the 1500 RAM needs more bolstering, they're probably tossing it around too much :p I guess guys who crawl off road do want more bolstering so my point is moot. I'm very luck to have the Golf R for Auto cross, RAM for touring and dirt bike for off road.

captainzombie

Reaction score

I will second that on the seats. We also have a '21 Tahoe, and these seats in my '21 Laramie are very comfortable and feel better to me than the ones in our Tahoe.

Users who are viewing this thread