5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2020 RAM with some of the same Uconnect issues my 2019 was lemoned out for this week.

U

User_3336

OMG, you resurrected a thread from almost a YEAR ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironically, the OP never followed up with his results/findings/resolutions after his initial rant on
Sep 27, 2019
  • (he did create another thread about this as well).

so this thread should be dead by now.

My 12” has been flawless. No problems whatsoever

Marinevb1986

Reaction score
OMG, you resurrected a thread from almost a YEAR ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironically, the OP never followed up with his results/findings/resolutions after his initial rant on
Sep 27, 2019
  • (he did create another thread about this as well).

so this thread should be dead by now.
I was scrolling through new posts. This was there so I’m guessing I wasn’t the first to respond. Lol. But I agree, old news

jerryw1000

Reaction score
My 12" has been flawless since I picked it up in April. Hope it stays that way. I have the Ram and 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees with the 8.4". No problems with any of them. A lot of people get thrown a curve ball with the thing about getting your radio presets like you want them and then saving them to the Seat Memory/Key FOB.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bet 5 will have its initial bugs and caveats until its been around a year or so.

My 12" has not been flawless, but pretty close. It froze up the other day (@ around 300 miles), displaying radio stuff still, but screen would not respond to any touches. I was scared to death it was a dead touch screen until I shut the truck off, waited a bit, and then turned it back on. No issues since. At 700 miles now.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
My 12" screen locks up and won't work until you shut the truck down and wait, the dealership blamed it on me! WTF. I have taken to them twice now.
An end user cannot be the "cause" of the screen to lock up (as long as it is not something crazy like pressing a button as fast as you can to see if you can make it fail). Take it from a SW engineer. If a customer can lock up the screen during normal operation, the SW (or HW!!!) is to blame. It should be able to handle any normal operation.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 12" screen locks up and won't work until you shut the truck down and wait, the dealership blamed it on me! WTF. I have taken to them twice now.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
I bet 5 will have its initial bugs and caveats until its been around a year or so.

My 12" has not been flawless, but pretty close. It froze up the other day (@ around 300 miles), displaying radio stuff still, but screen would not respond to any touches. I was scared to death it was a dead touch screen until I shut the truck off, waited a bit, and then turned it back on. No issues since. At 700 miles now.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
My 2019 1500 12" uconnect gets stuck in SiriusXM Loading screen very frequently (25% of the time). The screen won't boot when this happens unless you power the truck down and wait ~1 minute, then power it back up (let the data bus turn off). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Android Auto also sporadically works.

I had the radio replaced once under warrantee and the problem came back after about a month. The dealer said FCA working with SiriusXM on a fix and are aware of the problem I'm having, but haven't issued any recall or acknowledged a fix is in the works.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Build date 5/19. One of the lucky ones I guess. Travel very rough roads so it gets bounced around. Lil over 12,000 miles and have none of those issues. Stations saved and have not went away
Update @46,355 miles. No issues, stations that I have had across the top of the screen have been there for months and then I added 3 pandora stations to the icons at top. They have been in place since the fall.

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
My 2019 1500 12" uconnect gets stuck in SiriusXM Loading screen very frequently (25% of the time). The screen won't boot when this happens unless you power the truck down and wait ~1 minute, then power it back up (let the data bus turn off). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Android Auto also sporadically works.

I had the radio replaced once under warrantee and the problem came back after about a month. The dealer said FCA working with SiriusXM on a fix and are aware of the problem I'm having, but haven't issued any recall or acknowledged a fix is in the works.
**Update**
Dealer replaced my radio, and the replacement worked great for about a month. All of a sudden it started freezing daily/hourly/every trip. Now the radio hasn't worked in a couple days. I can't use my phone, SiriusXM, bluetooth, Android Auto, FM, AM, etc. I went and spoke to the service manager at my dealer and he said they get replacements direct from the manufacturer and they will keep ordering/installing new ones until they find one of that works. He did say the Wranglers are worse, and new trucks have a new radio manufacturer. FCA still needs to take responsibility somehow.

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
RamCares
I have a 2020 Ram just purchased it not even a week ago and the radio has froze on me , I have done everything from turning it off to doing what the internet suggested NOHING

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
Take it to the dealer and ask them to open a case with FCA and/or RamCares. If your dealer is responsible they will work with you to replace it. My 2019 is going in for radio #3 tomorrow and the dealer said they will keep replacing it until they put one in that works. They said each radio is programmed to the VIN by manufacturer so its a bit of a process. Not ideal, not the dealers fault, but at least they admitted the problem and are working with me to fix it.

I was told by RamCares yesterday that there is a FOTA (firmware over-the-air) update coming in Q1 to fix the problems, but not holding my breath.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I was told by RamCares yesterday that there is a FOTA (firmware over-the-air) update coming in Q1 to fix the problems, but not holding my breath.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard this......

Also it amazes me that you are going for radio #3 and they are going to keep trying until "they put one in that works". I am so dumbfounded by this I have no comment at all.

BowDown

Reaction score
Getting the radio replaced isnt going to fix this, there's a software issue that at some point impacts all the 12" radios or specifically the Sirius XM part. A new radio isnt going to fix it

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

None of the known issues have been resolved since beginning of the new 5gens in 2018! The 2021’s same issues🤷🏻‍♂️😩

RamCares

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram just purchased it not even a week ago and the radio has froze on me , I have done everything from turning it off to doing what the internet suggested NOHING

Take it to the dealer and ask them to open a case with FCA and/or RamCares. If your dealer is responsible they will work with you to replace it. My 2019 is going in for radio #3 tomorrow and the dealer said they will keep replacing it until they put one in that works. They said each radio is programmed to the VIN by manufacturer so its a bit of a process. Not ideal, not the dealers fault, but at least they admitted the problem and are working with me to fix it.

Sorry to hear about the frustrations you have been experiencing recently. If you'd like our additional support while working with your dealers to get this addressed, send us a private message and we can look into it further for you.

Thank you in advance,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait. So the truck was perfect when you test drove it. Then all of a sudden your problems with the radio start same as before it was lemon lawed. What are the odds? Does anyone else's radio do this to the point of lemon law? I thought lemons had to be safety issues. They are in FL.. 65535 is the largest 16 bit integer BTW. What a range they programmed in. Can you imagine that many stations in the future?
Does not have to be a safety issues in FL. state lemon law is the manufacturer fails to correct a defect under warranty. "nonconformity" after 3 attempts = lemon. Federally it is also the same, and you can pursue BOTH as they are different jurisdictions. I lemon lawed a 3 yr old Volt with over 46,000 miles under FL lemon law. As long as there is a warranty on the part that has a problem you can lemon law it even if b2b is long gone.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time I heard this......

Also it amazes me that you are going for radio #3 and they are going to keep trying until "they put one in that works". I am so dumbfounded by this I have no comment at all.
Just buying time! Not ram or the dealers want to fix these issues. Just wants your money then sorry, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online