5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 2020 RAM with some of the same Uconnect issues my 2019 was lemoned out for this week.

lsteele

Reaction score
Wne through 8 months of pure hell with my truck at dealers 12 times and out of service for 87 days with two failed star service attempts. After accepting a replacement, FCA was ordered to buy back my 19, I took a 20 off the lot and paid the difference. The 12.1 uconnect exhibits some of the same plauging issues my 19 had, that I owned for 10 months. What is going on?

1) Say XM is on 100 and you save it and others to favorites, you then shut the truck off and when restarted you notice that the display at the top of the screen says channel 65535. Turn the tuner on click and it tunes to channel 3 and the favorites pages is wiped out at the same time.
2) Navigation icon locks up and doesnt move. Inofrmation page where satelite signals ar graphed out per connection shows no signals what so ever. It was greatest mistake to accept another FCA product. I'll start the dealer trips Monday and lemon this one out also. Somebody from Corporate needs to contact me imediately. To all others start the process to lemon out you vehicles. A $73,385.00 truck and some of the same BS. How can I own two of these and FCA continues to hide the issues. Of course there were other dash issues to the case.

Last edited:

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Probably will not help your situation but after you save a radio station, save it to the seat memory also. Press "set" then 1 or 2. I think that ties to the station memory as well.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Wait. So the truck was perfect when you test drove it. Then all of a sudden your problems with the radio start same as before it was lemon lawed. What are the odds? Does anyone else's radio do this to the point of lemon law? I thought lemons had to be safety issues. They are in FL.. 65535 is the largest 16 bit integer BTW. What a range they programmed in. Can you imagine that many stations in the future?

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait. So the truck was perfect when you test drove it. Then all of a sudden your problems with the radio start same as before it was lemon lawed. What are the odds? Does anyone else's radio do this to the point of lemon law? I thought lemons had to be safety issues. They are in FL.. 65535 is the largest 16 bit integer BTW. What a range they programmed in. Can you imagine that many stations in the future?
If the truck doesn't work the way it should and can't be fixed it's a lemon.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
If the truck doesn't work the way it should and can't be fixed it's a lemon.
Found this on google, thanks for clearing this up:
Most state lemon laws specify that a manufacturer must provide a refund or replacement for a defective new vehicle when a substantial defect cannot be fixed in four attempts, a safety defect within two attempts or if the vehicle is out of service for 30 days within the first 12,000 to 18,000 miles or 12 to 24 months.

JHRebel

Reaction score
The 12 is glitchy, my buddy owns the dealership where I bought my truck and gave me a heads up on this when I was buying as I initially wanted the 12, the 8.4 has been flawless and I’m glad I went that direction...that said, I’m not sure why it’s taking so long to work the bugs out of the 12 because it’s definitely sweet looking.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wne through 8 months of pure hell with my truck at dealers 12 times and out of service for 87 days with two failed star service attempts. After accepting a replacement, FCA was ordered to buy back my 19, I took a 20 off the lot and paid the difference. The 12.1 uconnect exhibits some of the same plauging issues my 19 had, that I owned for 10 months. What is going on?

1) Say XM is on 100 and you save it and others to favorites, you then shut the truck off and when restarted you notice that the display at the top of the screen says channel 65535. Turn the tuner on click and it tunes to channel 3 and the favorites pages is wiped out at the same time.
2) Navigation icon locks up and doesnt move. Inofrmation page where satelite signals ar graphed out per connection shows no signals what so ever. It was greatest mistake to accept another FCA product. I'll start the dealer trips Monday and lemon this one out also. Somebody from Corporate needs to contact me imediately. To all others start the process to lemon out you vehicles. A $73,385.00 truck and some of the same BS. How can I own two of these and FCA continues to hide the issues. Of course there were other dash issues to the case.
That’s bizarre, especially if you’ve experienced those issues on multiple trucks. It’s like your SiriusXM or UConnect account is corrupt.
I’ve experienced neither of those issues in more than a year of ownership with the 12” system.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Build date 5/19. One of the lucky ones I guess. Travel very rough roads so it gets bounced around. Lil over 12,000 miles and have none of those issues. Stations saved and have not went away

Attachments

• 49CC4004-395A-4453-A9B0-6AF48A5AAEDF.jpeg
    49CC4004-395A-4453-A9B0-6AF48A5AAEDF.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 135

Saints

Reaction score
That’s bizarre, especially if you’ve experienced those issues on multiple trucks. It’s like your SiriusXM or UConnect account is corrupt.
I’ve experienced neither of those issues in more than a year of ownership with the 12” system.
Same here. I haven’t had any of those problems with mine.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
My 12 works great. The odds of that issue twice are pretty darn low.

lsteele

Reaction score
So if your on xm100 and you start the truck up again and the channel says 65535 it the drivers problem?

ermil1385

Reaction score
Mine does similar. Any radio preset disappears after one or two key cycles. Dealer say's it is a known problem with no fix. Nice that a $65K truck cannot save a radio station.........

rlc2020

Reaction score
The 8.4 is not bulletproof, ask me how I know, lol.
Lots of little issues with mine. Presets always resetting themselves to factory, icons disappearing for no reason. My bluetooth does not work at all basically with no fix available. Android auto works sometimes, but most of the time does not. I'm trying to get mine replaced at this point...

JoeRam

Reaction score
Unless you create a profile, user id, the 12" will not retain your favorites. It happened on my '19 figured it out, then again on my '19 2500 the same thing till I was reminded to create a profile in the radio setup, ever since all is good

Myvibeworks

Reaction score
My 12" screen locks up and won't work until you shut the truck down and wait, the dealership blamed it on me! WTF. I have taken to them twice now.

Users who are viewing this thread