5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

BigDsLimited

Reaction score
I hope you guys with the N0GL hardware get yours soon. Just took a picture so you don't think I'm pulling your leg.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 113

jhoran

Reaction score
Following.... same question, my search still says offline searching but now I have signal strength bars that I didn’t have previously. see photos, this is without amy devices connected to the truck but I did enable the onboard WiF. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Mine shows the same thing. Do your Assist and SOS buttons work?

nytmare

Reaction score
Some guys with similar oddities with the system (especially with presets) sometime state that the truck will sit all day without a battery pull and then voilà their apps/settings are back upon starting back up. I'll be curious what you find out.
As Jtr suggested above, that was the issue. I went back out to the truck, after it sat for about 3 hours, started 'er up and the backup camera icon is back and working. This did NOT require a negative battery cable pull/reset. It fixed itself on its own.

I did notice some other UConnect update weirdness though. I noticed that directly after the update, my selected icons changed from blue to red. I thought this was simply a new default color setting and would change it later if I felt inclined. Turns out that when I went back out to the truck, to check on the backup camera disappearance issue, the icons were back to blue.

The more I learn about technology, the more confused I get. Thanks for everyone's assistance and suggestions. I mostly lurk here as finding most answers is just a search button click away. This is a good owners site.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you guys with the N0GL hardware get yours soon. Just took a picture so you don't think I'm pulling your leg.

Stop teasing us. LOL

source.gif

stevestrike

Reaction score
So some changes I've noticed:

1. Search within navigation is "online". My screen shows bars, and LTE. (maps are NOT updated as others have noted--that's not part of the software)
2. My audio sounds quite a bit better. It's hard to quantify, but the bass seems a bit tighter and there is less loosness and rattling in my truck.
3. The Pandora stations are working with thumbs up/thumbs down, but I have no idea how it works. It seems to want to present random artists to me
4. The siriusXM has some sort of "DVR" functionality in that it will queue and hold a broadcast and will continue playing where you left off if you leave the truck for a short time
5. So far, knock on wood, I have not experienced the Bluetooth dropout issue, the random reboots, or the camera stuck on issue

INVISBLE

Reaction score
I got my update notice too when I shut off my truck about an hour ago, buy I did not choose to update yet till I see that there are no problems with this build.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I feel like the pandora stations are new for me. This morning I tried to create a station by hitting the "related" button. Some artists do not have the option, but when I found one that did I hit the pandora button and it just said that it couldn't create the station. So it seems to me it does nothing or I'm doing something wrong. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
For those with online Nav searching....do you have an active ATT wifi hotspot subscription as well?

STUFF Z521

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)
I have a 2019 limited. the truck is just over a year old the navigation has stopped working all to gather the dealer says it has a short in the unit so the screen needs replaced it took them 3 hours to tell me they could not fix it would have to order a new one that has been over a month ago now they say its on back order and all i can do is wait.

Bookemdano

Reaction score
I just parked while dropping my son off at his scout meeting, and my Uconnect said an update was available. Since I'll be sitting here for a while anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and do it.

I'm sitting here in the quiet darkness and the update is doing funny things to my truck! I can hear buzzes and hums, lights are blinking here and there...it's like it's haunted! XD

gmab

Reaction score
For those with online Nav searching....do you have an active ATT wifi hotspot subscription as well?
Nope. Online works pretty good as it is finding restaurants built within the last year.

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Still no update (Z0GL)

Attachments

• 20200303_031816.jpg
    20200303_031816.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread