5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't read all the updates on the forum about post-update issues, so if sorry this has already been reported. For me, every day since the update when I back out of my garage, the rear and 360 view camera comes on like expected, but when I throw it into D the camera stays on (actually I think it switches to the front camera+360). It stays on even at higher speeds I believe. I will validate this once it does it again. Even if I stop, throw it in P, back into D, it stays on. The only way I have found to make it go away is to stop, throw it in R for a sec and then back to D. Anyone else notice this?
it should time out or whenever u reach certain speed but if you dont want it like that, you can turn it off in setting.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
Did you drive your truck yesterday or Friday? Just trying to figure out if they are adding more trucks or if it is just trucks checking in since Friday.
Before today I had not driven it since last weekend.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Please post your hardware version when you mention you have an update. Saying you have an update without any more information about your truck makes it hard for us to figure out who's getting updates. Thanks
Location would be a big plus to know too

nytmare

Reaction score
Received the update this morning. I had the 18.45.40 version and now have 19.49.13. It took probably around 35 mins or so to download. I have a question though... my soft buttons at the bottom didn't change with the exception of the far right button. Under the old software, it was my backup camera (which when pressed allowed me to select other camera positions). Now, with this morning's update, the soft button is a "U", with little "wifi beams" above it (sorry for the weak description). I don't know what that is. When I press it, UConnect beeps, but nothing happens. Also, and this is a bigger issue for me, where did my backup camera soft button go? I've looked around for it withing the UConnect apps, where I could see it previously, but now it's gone from there too. I've tried finding it with the truck in "run" (with the engine not turned over), actually running, in park and in drive, but can't seem to find were I can turn on the cameras. I really need these cameras because I park my 21' dually in a 23' garage. TIA for any assistance or advice.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received the update this morning. I had the 18.45.40 version and now have 19.49.13. It took probably around 35 mins or so to download. I have a question though... my soft buttons at the bottom didn't change with the exception of the far right button. Under the old software, it was my backup camera (which when pressed allowed me to select other camera positions). Now, with this morning's update, the soft button is a "U", with little "wifi beams" above it (sorry for the weak description). I don't know what that is. When I press it, UConnect beeps, but nothing happens. Also, and this is a bigger issue for me, where did my backup camera soft button go? I've looked around for it withing the UConnect apps, where I could see it previously, but now it's gone from there too. I've tried finding it with the truck in "run" (with the engine not turned over), actually running, in park and in drive, but can't seem to find were I can turn on the cameras. I really need these cameras because I park my 21' dually in a 23' garage. TIA for any assistance or advice.
Those bottom buttons are customizable by you. My backup cam is showing in my uconnect apps and I would just drag and drop. Maybe disconnecting negative battery cable for a few minutes and letting the uconnect sit for a half hour might work to help reboot it?

Neokane

Reaction score
Still no N0GL update.
Jan 22 2019 build date
Iowa

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still no N0GL update.
Jan 22 2019 build date
Iowa
Same here, in IL. Just out of curiosity, did anyone with N0GL get a dealer installed update in the past and also receive this update? I'm just wondering if the dealer update may have done something with the ability to OTA update.

nytmare

Reaction score
Those bottom buttons are customizable by you. My backup cam is showing in my uconnect apps and I would just drag and drop. Maybe disconnecting negative battery cable for a few minutes and letting the uconnect sit for a half hour might work to help reboot it?
Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try later today and get back with results. I'm wondering if that "U" icon/button with the "wifi beams" above it is simply a place holder button. Meaning, that it kinda registers that there was something there before, but now it's not available for some reason. As you suggest, maybe a reboot will resolve this. Or, maybe my camera button will magically reappear on its own.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't read all the updates on the forum about post-update issues, so if sorry this has already been reported. For me, every day since the update when I back out of my garage, the rear and 360 view camera comes on like expected, but when I throw it into D the camera stays on (actually I think it switches to the front camera+360). It stays on even at higher speeds I believe. I will validate this once it does it again. Even if I stop, throw it in P, back into D, it stays on. The only way I have found to make it go away is to stop, throw it in R for a sec and then back to D. Anyone else notice this?
Do you turn the truck on and then immediately put it in reverse? I do this sometimes not thinking about it, and that's the only time my camera gets stuck. Try waiting for the screen to at least load if you aren't already before shifting to reverse.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My update notification popped up as well as I pulled into work parking lot. Told it to update and tuned off the truck and went inside...not sure what will happen....

Current Info Before Update:

Before and after updates...so apparently it updated just fine even after turning truck off.

Attachments

• UConnect Info.jpg
    UConnect Info.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 83
  • UConnect Info after update.jpg
    UConnect Info after update.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 82

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Be interesting to see if we see another large batch get updated today or this week.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I just got the update. What has to happen to get Nav to search online?
Following.... same question, my search still says offline searching but now I have signal strength bars that I didn’t have previously. see photos, this is without amy devices connected to the truck but I did enable the onboard WiF. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2B3101A2-A08C-43D9-875D-BBCD6904FD07.jpeg
    2B3101A2-A08C-43D9-875D-BBCD6904FD07.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 4A6180A8-16E1-485E-B921-6A0E6DE109D4.jpeg
    4A6180A8-16E1-485E-B921-6A0E6DE109D4.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 90

aametzger

Reaction score
Do you turn the truck on and then immediately put it in reverse? I do this sometimes not thinking about it, and that's the only time my camera gets stuck. Try waiting for the screen to at least load if you aren't already before shifting to reverse.
Its very possible i am doing that. thanks for the heads up. i will try that next time

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try later today and get back with results. I'm wondering if that "U" icon/button with the "wifi beams" above it is simply a place holder button. Meaning, that it kinda registers that there was something there before, but now it's not available for some reason. As you suggest, maybe a reboot will resolve this. Or, maybe my camera button will magically reappear on its own.
Some guys with similar oddities with the system (especially with presets) sometime state that the truck will sit all day without a battery pull and then voilà their apps/settings are back upon starting back up. I'll be curious what you find out.

Buck

Reaction score
Yes, I just double checked it. I typed in plumber , and it listed plumbers in the area. Did the same thing with Walmart. It listed them from closest to farthest from my location
Thanks

gmab

Reaction score
Whoa. Updated over the weekend and discovered Online Nav search is active.
F4D42BF5-5891-4156-80F4-512916103BC9.jpeg E619DAC4-60C8-4576-8A67-3F683884B534.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread