5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

dsmonline

Reaction score
Added the latest software version to thread title to make it clearer we are discussing 19.43.1a now (or lack of getting it!). My initial version 19.33.11 was apparently seen by few since it looks like only the MY 2020's with hardware version CNSC29N3GL received it.

limited_19

Reaction score
At the dealer today. They told me there would be no updates--that they could only "reflash" the same software on to see if it helps. Otherwise they will order a new screen to replace it if the problem persists.

I had the backup camera/black screen issue for a while, but haven't seen that lately. The biggest one for me is the bluetooth drop out issue, which happens A LOT.

EDIT: I'll add that I don't really care about getting any new "features", although that would be great, but I do need the features included with the truck I purchased to work correctly. Ram/FCA has done a ****-poor job of making sure that happened with this truck.

EDIT 2: wow you can't write ****? ok. Ram has done a pee-poor job.

Good luck.. i've had NOTHING but isusse with my screen since the day I bought it and they still wont replace it.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crazy to me....I've yet to have any problems at all. Works as advertised. If it didn't my truck would be permaparked at the dealership.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have had nothing but issues with my 12" been in the shop at least 6 times and it seems to get worse after every visit. FCA still refuses to replace the screen, after the last visit I did get the latest software update with Pandora etc, but every other time I turn on my truck I get "Device not Supported" message pop up over the entire screen. If you click okay 2 seconds later it comes back up again in an endless cycle until you turn off the truck. I have no phone connected to it and I also did try disconnecting my bluetooth and same ****. I think my next phone call is to a Lemon law attorney. 2 years and 30k miles later on almost a 70k truck, this is just madness. While I love my truck, this Unconnect system is practically unusable.
What year truck do you have? If you have a 2019 can you please post your software information for the unit? If you have pandora and you have a 2019 you're the one and only.

FreeNC

Reaction score
Added the latest software version to thread title to make it clearer we are discussing 19.43.1a now (or lack of getting it!). My initial version 19.33.11 was apparently seen by few since it looks like only the MY 2020's with hardware version CNSC29N3GL received it.
I have the same hardware as you with my unit being replaced due to so many issues. I have not received the update and am on a tracker for the update according to customer care. Hopefully they will push more updates soon to correct all issues.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the dealer today. They told me there would be no updates--that they could only "reflash" the same software on to see if it helps. Otherwise they will order a new screen to replace it if the problem persists.

I had the backup camera/black screen issue for a while, but haven't seen that lately. The biggest one for me is the bluetooth drop out issue, which happens A LOT.

EDIT: I'll add that I don't really care about getting any new "features", although that would be great, but I do need the features included with the truck I purchased to work correctly. Ram/FCA has done a ****-poor job of making sure that happened with this truck.

EDIT 2: wow you can't write ****? ok. Ram has done a pee-poor job.
Dealer can try to order new radio but FCA will deny replacement and tell them to open star request for support. Based on the large # of people with Bluetooth cut off issue it doesn't appear there in a hurry to fix it.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

dsmonline

Reaction score
I have the same hardware as you with my unit being replaced due to so many issues. I have not received the update and am on a tracker for the update according to customer care. Hopefully they will push more updates soon to correct all issues.

Was the unit you had replaced an older hardware version and now you have the newer version? If so, you would make a lot of folks here very happy. I take it the new unit resolved your issues?

FreeNC

Reaction score
Was the unit you had replaced an older hardware version and now you have the newer version? If so, you would make a lot of folks here very happy. I take it the new unit resolved your issues?
You are correct. I still have the Bluetooth muting issue and rear camera going black most of the time. Case manager said the software update would fix that and I would be put on a tracker for it. I have not received the update others are being pushed.

dsmonline

Reaction score
You are correct. I still have the Bluetooth muting issue and rear camera going black most of the time. Case manager said the software update would fix that and I would be put on a tracker for it. I have not received the update others are being pushed.

So to clarify, what was your original hardware version that they replaced, what is your replacement unit's version and what is your current software version? Sounds like you are still waiting for 19.43 1a to be pushed.

George Bednar

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited built in May of 2018 it has the following info. As far as I know I have never updated the system and have not had any real bad issues other than forgetting favorites and not saving them sometoimes.

Hardware part #CNSC28N0GL
Software version 18.18.1B
Applic. version SBX-20.12.0-2018429-K09X
Boot Micro version 18.09.01
HD Tuner firmmware version CTP2_VP4-33000001-EV011.016
EQ version 3.4

dsmonline

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited built in May of 2018 it has the following info. As far as I know I have never updated the system and have not had any real bad issues other than forgetting favorites and not saving them sometoimes.

Hardware part #CNSC28N0GL
Software version 18.18.1B
Applic. version SBX-20.12.0-2018429-K09X
Boot Micro version 18.09.01
HD Tuner firmmware version CTP2_VP4-33000001-EV011.016
EQ version 3.4

Your software version is old in relation to your hardware, you could ask your dealer to flash it to the latest available which I believe would be 18.45.40 for your 28N0 hardware at your next service visit. Then again, it just might make it worst!

George Bednar

Reaction score
Your software version is old in relation to your hardware, you could ask your dealer to flash it to the latest available which I believe would be 18.45.40 for your 28N0 hardware at your next service visit. Then again, it just might make it worst!
Thats what I was thinking. If it isn't broke why try to fix it by breaking it? Thanks for your info n this

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure that software version is applicable to all “0” hardware. I have had several updates, but mine remains on 18.27.17 (8/18 build). To your point, I’ve had no problems with my system (aside from features that were never delivered, e.g. vehicle health reports).

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure that software version is applicable to all “0” hardware. I have had several updates, but mine remains on 18.27.17 (8/18 build). To your point, I’ve had no problems with my system (aside from features that were never delivered, e.g. vehicle health reports).
I've made mention of this before but reiterating, this is only based on my experience,, if someone is on 18.27.17 I would be cautious getting updated to 18.45.40.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've made mention of this before but reiterating, this is only based on my experience,, if someone is on 18.27.17 I would be cautious getting updated to 18.45.40.
I’m on 18.45.40 with zero issues (dealer updated sw a couple of times while troubleshooting my USB issue on a few different occasions (which turned out to be a bent connector, not software).

I‘ve had a couple of instances early on with screen blacking out, right after I purchased it, but that got fixed in fall 2018 for me and I’ve been good for about a year and a half now. My truck was built on 03/18. Knock on wood as my phone and bluetooth work flawlessly (other than the volume full blast when I answer a call, but I can live with this until, or if they, fix it).

Cheers,

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I‘ve had a couple of instances early on with screen blacking out, right after I purchased it, but that got fixed in fall 2018 for me and I’ve been good for about a year and a half now.
Interesting. I had that happen to me once (or maybe twice) back then—I presume OTA updates happened while I was driving—and never since. I guess we should appreciate the fact that we got some updates in the early days. Now if I could just get a map update that knows where I-35W has moved since expansion...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Interesting. I had that happen to me once (or maybe twice) back then—I presume OTA updates happened while I was driving—and never since. I guess we should appreciate the fact that we got some updates in the early days. Now if I could just get a map update that knows where I-35W has moved since expansion...
Correct. I believe it was two OTA updates that I got back then.
10-4 on the map updates. Mine are from 01/28/18. Way out of date.

Users who are viewing this thread