5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help, Big Horn Night Edition grill part numbers.

TriSum

Reaction score
So, I have a 21 Big Horn with the Night Edition. Well my grill melted- yes melted, and I need to replace it. I believe I have the part number for the upper piece, but I'm not sure about the "grill". I don't necessarily need the whole grill, just the black surround, but not sure if you can order just the surround. Hoping someone knows more than I and can help me out.

Upper part #6BT18TZZAJ
Lower ?

Also, best place to get factory parts?

Thanks for your help.

David
20211217_170051.jpg
20211116_112637.jpg

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can you not warranty that? seems like it's defective if a reflection caused it... this early in its life. what's to say the new one won't do the same thing.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds like a defect. My truck has sat in the Texas sun for 2 years and have never seen anything like that.

Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I’d definitely try to get it replaced by the dealership under warranty.

TriSum

Reaction score
can you not warranty that? seems like it's defective if a reflection caused it... this early in its life. what's to say the new one won't do the same thing.
I tried, 2 dealers denied it not believing how it happened. Both said it looked like a heat gun or torch burnt it.
That sounds like a defect. My truck has sat in the Texas sun for 2 years and have never seen anything like that.
It could be, but the dealers won't warranty it unfortunately.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried, 2 dealers denied it not believing how it happened. Both said it looked like a heat gun or torch burnt it.

It could be, but the dealers won't warranty it unfortunately.
That’s just ridiculous, apparently common sense doesn’t apply. Are they implying that you took a torch or a heat gun to your own grille? And for what purpose. Or are they trying to say it was damaged by someone else just being an a-hole? That sucks

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Yeah, that def wont be covered under warranty. Thats not a defect in workmanship or material. It was caused by an outside influence and def does not fall under the warranty guidelines. Sun reflecting off a window and creating a heated focal point has nothing to do with vehicle. Its not the dealer or manufacturers fault the truck was parked in the wrong place at the wrong time, obv not really your fault either, its just bad luck.
It would be the same as if you were playing baseball and blasted a ball through your truck window.....outside influence caused the damage, not the workmanship or material.

With that said, i believe the grille, through a dealer comes as a whole. Ill check part numbers.

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
6BT18TZZAJ is the upper grille that runs the length of the hood. Will need to be painted
I believe you have Grille Part number 68404850AA, but not 100% sure without the VIN or my work laptop

TriSum

Reaction score
6BT18TZZAJ is the upper grille that runs the length of the hood. Will need to be painted
I believe you have Grille Part number 68404850AA, but not 100% sure without the VIN or my work laptop
Here is my VIN, thank you for looking it up. Also, to paint, is it a special color or the midnight black?
1C6RREFM7MN812402

David

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Here is my VIN, thank you for looking it up. Also, to paint, is it a special color or the midnight black?
1C6RREFM7MN812402

David

I found out something new today, for your VIN, if you want just the surround, you can order 68581257AA.
If you want a new assembly, its 68404851AB.
As for the painted upper grille, I believe the paint color is PXJ

On a side note, you have an open recall.

TriSum

Reaction score
I found out something new today, for your VIN, if you want just the surround, you can order 68581257AA.
If you want a new assembly, its 68404851AB.
As for the painted upper grille, I believe the paint color is PXJ

On a side note, you have an open recall.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread