5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation “offline”

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have factory navigation lately when I search for locations it won’t go online . So basically it’s useless. I do not subscribe to Satellite and don’t want to. Question, is this normal.

• Angry
Reactions: BES

Captain Stack

Reaction score
This is "normal". It has been a huge source of contention amongst owners and FCA. My dealership said it was designed to work that way. I could never get mine to say searching "online." haha. I ended up getting a ProClip and use CarPlay with Waze for directions now. Sure is a waste of a big beautiful 12 inch navigation screen eh?

• Angry

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I have factory navigation lately when I search for locations it won’t go online . So basically it’s useless. I do not subscribe to Satellite and don’t want to. Question, is this normal.

Yes normal and it’s been like this since the beginning last year... also with Siriusxm subscription, Software Update promised by fca many times, never came... just for reference they first promised me an update for 1st quater of 19 and until today nothing ever happened as with many other problems... fact is once @RamCares has your money they don’t give a sh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Stack

Reaction score
In all fairness, the Nav did find about 2 in 10 places I would search for in "offline" mode. But, no where near the capabilities of say Google Maps or even Apple Maps for that matter.

• Angry

chrisfuss

Reaction score
In all fairness, the Nav did find about 2 in 10 places I would search for in "offline" mode. But, no where near the capabilities of say Google Maps or even Apple Maps for that matter.

Be careful there is also plenty of outdated data on the system... the maps are from like 2014 in the beginning I’ve ended up in front of an outdated address a few times...

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s, I too use Waze as my primary navigation app. But I like the looks of the full screen map. Too bad FCA can’t get it together on this 12 inch screen, they are really hurting themselves here.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s, I too use Waze as my primary navigation app. But I like the looks of the full screen map. Too bad FCA can’t get it together on this 12 inch screen, they are really hurting themselves here.

Workaround is to use the uconnect app to send the location on your truck. The app uses google maps..

Also doubt that this is designed to work that way... those are just dealers making up excuses and explanations to get you off their ***... this is @RamCares not getting their sh... together as with many other bugs and issues...

jfisher34

Reaction score
Workaround is to use the uconnect app to send the location on your truck. The app uses google maps..

Also doubt that this is designed to work that way... those are just dealers making up excuses and explanations to get you off their ***... this is @RamCares not getting their sh... together as with many other bugs and issues...

How do you get send and go to work? On the app, I can find an address, press the steering wheel at the bottom, and get the "sent to dest" message. When I go to my truck, nothing is there.

• Angry

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes it’s normal meaning it doesn’t work. Use CarPlay or Uconnect. Ridiculous that they haven’t come up with an update to fix this yet.

Ram4141

Reaction score
I called U Connect care and was told the offline issue is known issue and they are working on it. They also told me the search bar on the top of the Nav screen is just for points of interest that are pre-loaded into the Nav system not addresses. To search for an actual address you have to use the "where to" tab at the bottom them hit "other destinations" then "address". It works just fine. It may take an extra step or two but finds the address way faster than the system in my '16.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called U Connect care and was told the offline issue is known issue and they are working on it. They also told me the search bar on the top of the Nav screen is just for points of interest that are pre-loaded into the Nav system not addresses. To search for an actual address you have to use the "where to" tab at the bottom them hit "other destinations" then "address". It works just fine. It may take an extra step or two but finds the address way faster than the system in my '16.
Uconnect told me they were working on a fix in September 2018 when I picked up my truck. I just use CarPlay. Sad how you pay for something and they don’t deliver.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Uconnect told me they were working on a fix in September 2018 when I picked up my truck. I just use CarPlay. Sad how you pay for something and they don’t deliver.

They’ve been talking about this since I first got my truck more than a year ago...

Reactions: MJP

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They’ve been talking about this since I first got my truck more than a year ago...

Yep. That’s why I don’t even bother using it. I stick to CarPlay and Uconnect Send & Go.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you get send and go to work? On the app, I can find an address, press the steering wheel at the bottom, and get the "sent to dest" message. When I go to my truck, nothing is there.
sometimes takes a minute or two. but I have seen a "Send and Go" icon on the second page of APPs in my truck as well. try looking there.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Mine (10/19 build) will say searching offline, but has found everything I've asked it to so far. The voice search works great.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine (10/19 build) will say searching offline, but has found everything I've asked it to so far. The voice search works great.
same with mine. always figured the Off Line message was some stupid programming issue, because its always worked fine.

chrisfuss

Reaction score

The main screen search bar specifically says “search addresses,...” so just another nonsense explanation for their shortcomings...

• Angry

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Send and Go works great for me too. It takes several minutes to come over sometimes. I mostly find myself using Waze through CarPlay now. The integration is great, you can use SiRi voice commands, and the Waze app has a great database.

jfisher34

Reaction score
sometimes takes a minute or two. but I have seen a "Send and Go" icon on the second page of APPs in my truck as well. try looking there.
I tried doing it 5 times over 3 days and always looked under the "Send & Go" icon. when I hit that icon button the system would search for 15 seconds and then take me to a screen where a list of searched addresses should be but it says nothing found. Finally yesterday when I looked the address I was trying showed up multiple times. Not sure what good this will do me unless I know 3 days in advance where I want to travel. :)

• Angry

Users who are viewing this thread