5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation “offline”

gencon

Reaction score
I have factory navigation lately when I search for locations it won’t go online . So basically it’s useless. I do not subscribe to Satellite and don’t want to. Question, is this normal.
I was informed by FCA yesterday, there is a new update for the radio on the 12 inch screen that is supposed to update this problem. I could not get the actual number of the update, but I am having it done this friday. I will let you know

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I was informed by FCA yesterday, there is a new update for the radio on the 12 inch screen that is supposed to update this problem. I could not get the actual number of the update, but I am having it done this friday. I will let you know
Pls post back when done.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
If there's an update, it should be here and allow you to do it yourself.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Yea there has been no update... they’ve come up with all sorts of ******** excuses and distraction tactics don’t believe anything until you see it with your own eyes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Angry
Reactions: BES

gmab

Reaction score
Yea there has been no update... they’ve come up with all sorts of ******** excuses and distraction tactics don’t believe anything until you see it with your own eyes...
I agree.
We're so used to product updates for our phones, tablets, computers, wifi routers, alexa, apps, etc. etc. that I'm disappointed with RAM's position that you bought what you bought and that's it. Sadly at this point I'm not expecting any bug fixes, product improvements, updates, or otherwise unless it's safety fix through NTSB. Missed opportunity IMHO.

• Angry

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I agree.
We're so used to product updates for our phones, tablets, computers, wifi routers, alexa, apps, etc. etc. that I'm disappointed with RAM's position that you bought what you bought and that's it. Sadly at this point I'm not expecting any bug fixes, product improvements, updates, or otherwise unless it's safety fix through NTSB. Missed opportunity IMHO.
They will continue this as long as they keep selling trucks. Bottom line is all they're concerned with. Keep the product just good enough and people will buy it.

Used to be that companies strived to make the very best product they could. Today, they try to make it as cheaply as possible and still be somewhat serviceable. Sad, to be sure.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I agree.

The not fixing anything is one thing but what’s the cherry on the icing is that they ( @RamCares not!)are straight out lying in our faces since 1+ year claiming they would fix the problems and release updates just to get you off their ***... and apparently they promote that unethical behavior among their dealers...

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
The not fixing anything is one thing but what’s the cherry on the icing is that they ( @RamCares not!)are straight out lying in our faces since 1+ year claiming they would fix the problems and release updates just to get you off their ***... and apparently they promote that unethical behavior among their dealers...

The Garmin in my last truck was updated 4 times in 2.5 years. That's how it should be.

• Angry

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called U Connect care and was told the offline issue is known issue and they are working on it. They also told me the search bar on the top of the Nav screen is just for points of interest that are pre-loaded into the Nav system not addresses. To search for an actual address you have to use the "where to" tab at the bottom them hit "other destinations" then "address". It works just fine. It may take an extra step or two but finds the address way faster than the system in my '16.
I use the "where to" at the bottom left all the time for address searches, and find there is no problem. Like said, the search at the top will find Walmart, but the database is outdated.

gencon

Reaction score
If there's an update, it should be here and allow you to do it yourself.

I did the update and it DID NOT fix the problem. In the meantime, Ram customer care sent me the following:

I did get some instructions from the Uconnect team for a workaround for that concern and they are looking into a fix, see below:

• - Hit Nav
  • - Where to
  • - Other destinations
  • - Address
  • - Ensure city and state are correct

• Angry

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I did the update and it DID NOT fix the problem. In the meantime, Ram customer care sent me the following:

I did get some instructions from the Uconnect team for a workaround for that concern and they are looking into a fix, see below:

• - Hit Nav
  • - Where to
  • - Other destinations
  • - Address
  • - Ensure city and state are correct
Use the voice search. It's accurate and works 95% of the time for me.

• Angry

Buck

Reaction score
I have factory navigation lately when I search for locations it won’t go online . So basically it’s useless. I do not subscribe to Satellite and don’t want to. Question, is this normal.
Looking at video on line shows Mike Novak
With a screen that show's online search
Same as screen I looked at before ordering

• Angry

BES

Reaction score
Voice Search is terrible on my 2019 RAM Limited. It gets so bolixed up in the interpretation that it is totally frustrating and a waste of time. When I first got the truck it worked well. But now that I've had it 15 months, its like a 90 year old with dementia and alzhimers.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Voice Search is terrible on my 2019 RAM Limited. It gets so bolixed up in the interpretation that it is totally frustrating and a waste of time. When I first got the truck it worked well. But now that I've had it 15 months, its like a 90 year old with dementia and alzhimers.
So basically, you have Biden in your truck... :D

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Voice search needs the 4G to work and I think that means that you need at least the Sirius Guardian service....maybe even the All Access service.

Users who are viewing this thread