5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

smashweights

Reaction score
There are dozens of hardware numbers. It’s not just the second number (position 8- ie, N0GL, N3GL, NFGL, etc), but positions 5&8 can be different also. Above poster’s is 2AN3GL, where mine is 29N3GL, etc.
Have you (or anyone here) paid attention to the update throughout it’s install? If so, have you noticed if it said installing off road pages, and installing performance pages?
Nope, didn't sit in the truck for the 45+ minute install. Does it show anything? The post install what's new is blank

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Learned something new from UConnect Sr Support today. They are replacing my radio as the GPS and vehicle cell are both toast but on the question of "am I up to date?" he blew off the software version and was only concerned with the Application version. I was concerned that I was way behind as my SW is 19.49.13 and he treated that as meaningless. He said I was one rev back on the App version. Mine below is 33.3.0 and he said version 34.x was the most recent.
20210802_112844.jpg

Maybe we've been focused on the wrong number?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Learned something new from UConnect Sr Support today. They are replacing my radio as the GPS and vehicle cell are both toast but on the question of "am I up to date?" he blew off the software version and was only concerned with the Application version. I was concerned that I was way behind as my SW is 19.49.13 and he treated that as meaningless. He said I was one rev back on the App version. Mine below is 33.3.0 and he said version 34.x was the most recent.
View attachment 101709

And just to tie this off, they replaced my N0GL radio with an NFFX. I can't tell a single difference other than it works. Maybe Panasonic toughened up the GPS bits? That's what I going to tell myself as I fall asleep tonight.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
View attachment 101709

Yes the application version 33.3.0 is what everyone needs to look at. That’s what is important as to whether you’re up to date.

The way I read it is Application Version= USA(country obviously)-SBX( no clue)-12.1(radio size)-LR(maybe Last Revision I.e. app version) XX.X.X(app version)-20192Q3(year and quarter of app version)-LORM(again no clue.

Last edited:

Mommanord14

Reaction score
well, I have had trouble with this nav unit since we purchased in august of 2018. Never has worked 100%. Can verbally ask for an address direction but not able to type in one. Gets tiring driving 1 hour one way to fix the same problem. So nav has been working when given directions verbally. 1 week ago the nav stopped working and also the assist and sos buttons. Nav showed me 500 miles from my actual location. So made all the calls. No appointment at dealer till the 31st. Called uconnect this morning talked to one person who just said wait for two updates. Through this great site, went and found out my software version and then went to the connect site and typed in my vin and said everything up to date including maps. Called uconnect back and talked to another rep. She was very helpful. Went through everything. Gave me a case number and told me to try my app to see if the vehicle is communicating and of course it was not. Everything failed. She then told me to call Xm guardian and that person told me that if the sos and assist buttons aren’t working then you have a telematic unit failure. The dealer will probably have to replace. So someone from case management will call tomorrow. Don’t know if this will help anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread