5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know and/or have pictures of the 21 or newer trailer tow mirrors on the spotter/wide view mirror whether or not it has power adjustment like they do on the heavy duties? If anyone has a picture of the controls on the arm rest please attach. Thank you!

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I have a 21 rebel built in May 2021 with the manual fold power trailer mirrors and the spotter is still manual with just the main glass powered. Not sure about the power fold trailer mirrors as that required another $6000 in options (advanced safety group, trailer tech package and blind spot and cross path detection) to get on top of the $500 bump in cost from the manual trailer to power fold trailer mirrors when I ordered.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Power-Fold Trailer-Tow Mirrors on a ‘21 Limited 1500 (Including the Surround-View Camera System). They do power fold, as the name suggests, but the switches on the inside, on the armrest, are no different than the standard mirrors for the ‘21 1500. They DO NOT have a convex spotter mirror power adjustment on the armrest switches like the HD Laramie’s and up unfortunately.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I had the Power-Fold Trailer-Tow Mirrors on a ‘21 Limited 1500 (Including the Surround-View Camera System). They do power fold, as the name suggests, but the switches on the inside, on the armrest, are no different than the standard mirrors for the ‘21 1500. They DO NOT have a convex spotter mirror power adjustment on the armrest switches like the HD Laramie’s and up unfortunately.
Thank you for the clarification. Wish they did but won't stop me from ordering the 22 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition. Saw it at the Chicago Auto Show and let me say pictures do it no justice. (It's even better in person) That interior is over the top and the change to UConnect 5 is icing on the cake!!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. Wish they did but won't stop me from ordering the 22 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition. Saw it at the Chicago Auto Show and let me say pictures do it no justice. (It's even better in person) That interior is over the top and the change to UConnect 5 is icing on the cake!!
Yeah I prefer the look of them over the normal mirrors, however please note, they are huge blind spots. I have the standard tow mirrors on my Mom's 2020 HD, and had the normal mirrors on my past '19 Laramie and neither were blind spots. Must be the way they are mounted on the 1500. You do get use to it though.

Yeah sounds like a sick ride, I loved mine but just sold it.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I have a 2020 now with tow mirrors and really like them except they don't power fold and no 360 camera. I recently discovered the spotter mirrors could be adjusted for regular blind spots as opposed to pre-set for towing position. That's where power adjustment would be REALLY nice to have but I'll deal with it.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I have a 2020 now with tow mirrors and really like them except they don't power fold and no 360 camera. I recently discovered the spotter mirrors could be adjusted for regular blind spots as opposed to pre-set for towing position. That's where power adjustment would be REALLY nice to have but I'll deal with it.

If you set them just right you can have them set as blind spot in regular and correctly for towing with no adjustment required between the two. Takes a while and a competent helper, but it’s possible.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
When my 22 arrives I'll have to play with this. Thank you for the clarification!

Users who are viewing this thread