5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new 2020 Bighorn. Over $15k off MSRP!

Phillip Berk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just took delivery of my 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad cab 4x4 Hemi. Its my first truck and I plan to use it a tow vehicle, and helping my dad haul crap for the new house he is rebuilding/ remodeling. Pretty excited to finally join the truck world, I've had a 2005 Hummer H2 but that's the closest normal SUV/ Truck I've had. I do have 2 Military Humvees but not really comparable. I wasn't necessarily looking for a ram, I actually was originally going to get a base 2wd 4.3 Silverado, and then I decided if I am going to get a truck, I may as well get a real one, and even tho FCA has some "interesting" reliability records, My dad is super happy with his Gen V viper, so I am not too worried. I currently drive a 2016 Jaguar F-type S convertible, very different then a Ram 1500, but I think they will make a good combo.

I have been searching for mods since I first found the truck and I am excited to start the personalization process. I'm already having my wrap guy color match the front and rear bumpers, the grill, and side badge. Also Going to have it tinted this week and the Dualliner Bed liner installed. What really drew to me to this Ram, even though it was across the country from me, (Maryland) the dealer gave me a deal I could not refuse. An MSRP of $47,685 and I managed to get it for $32,685 before taxes and shipping. With dealer fees/ taxes/ and shipping, I was right around $36,500 to my door. I'll post the window sticker so everyone could see. From my research and what I saw this looked like the best deal I was going to get, no other deal I called could come even close! Just came back from taking some photos! I'd love everyones feedback on the truck, the deal, and what things I should look for and mods I should consider. Thanks and I look forward to being apart of this community! And before you say it! yes I know the terrible stock halogens need to go asap! already looking for solutions, that's the one options I wish I had.

IMG_9724.jpg IMG_9725.jpg IMG_9727 3.jpg IMG_9729.jpg IMG_9731.jpg IMG_9732.jpg IMG_9735.jpg IMG_9739.jpg IMG_9744.jpg Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 7.46.58 PM.png

Phillip Berk

Reaction score
Thanks Rambunktious! I'm excited to make new friends in the Ram community! If anyone has a truck IG to follow, drop the name!

yaksushi

Reaction score
Congrats, we have very similar setups! You got a better deal than I did! MSRP: $48960 I paid $37,984.2 before tax and title. window.jpg

Phillip Berk

Reaction score
oh wow basically identical trucks besides the wheels! hoping to get a set of rebel rims and beefy tires once these need replacing

yaksushi

Reaction score
oh wow basically identical trucks besides the wheels! hoping to get a set of rebel rims and beefy tires once these need replacing
There are a bunch of rebel and built to serve wheels/tires in the buy sell forum.

SJC5

Reaction score
Did the above prices paid include incentives/rebates and if so - may I ask how much? Also, were these trucks on the lot?

nburd

Reaction score
You can check out the inventory at Orisman Ram. https://www.ourismanchryslerdodgejeep.net/ They still have a few in stock. They have a statement "The Ourisman Advantage Price does not include taxes, tags, Ourisman Protection, dealer processing fee of $500 (Not Required by Maryland State Law), and $1,695 (Ram Promaster/Ram Truck). The Ourisman Advantage Price also includes all available incentives." I looked at them a while back in March for a fully loaded Black Warlock crew just before Covid got everywhere. When posted, they had every rebate offered to show the reduced price. I called them and found out only $4000 was applicable over the $11K they were showing at the time (I am not a Realtor). I steered clear. Who knows maybe to move trucks, they are selling for cost? The base dealer net cost with hold back is about $38,212 for a 4x4 Quad Hemi V6 or about 5% less than sticker. There are $5000-6500 in rebates I believe. I see many of these priced around $40-$42k locally which makes sense (our rebates are less in New England). If you are shopping, that's a good deal. That's less than the Warlocks are selling for. They have a $67K limited for $52 and a $47K big horn for $31. Let us know what you find out.

Phillip Berk

Reaction score
You can check out the inventory at Orisman Ram. https://www.ourismanchryslerdodgejeep.net/ They still have a few in stock. They have a statement "The Ourisman Advantage Price does not include taxes, tags, Ourisman Protection, dealer processing fee of $500 (Not Required by Maryland State Law), and $1,695 (Ram Promaster/Ram Truck). The Ourisman Advantage Price also includes all available incentives." I looked at them a while back in March for a fully loaded Black Warlock crew just before Covid got everywhere. When posted, they had every rebate offered to show the reduced price. I called them and found out only $4000 was applicable over the $11K they were showing at the time (I am not a Realtor). I steered clear. Who knows maybe to move trucks, they are selling for cost? The base dealer net cost with hold back is about $38,212 for a 4x4 Quad Hemi V6 or about 5% less than sticker. There are $5000-6500 in rebates I believe. I see many of these priced around $40-$42k locally which makes sense (our rebates are less in New England). If you are shopping, that's a good deal. That's less than the Warlocks are selling for. They have a $67K limited for $52 and a $47K big horn for $31. Let us know what you find out.

So while I've been shopping I noticed that's what all the dealers do now, show the price after all insane rebates. with this dealer I called and said what is the real price, I gave them my info and they came back to me with the price of $32,685, That was about 1500 over what the price online was, When I went to a local dealer and showed them the quote, they said it is impossible that I applied for all those rebates, I'm almost positive I didn't but they said I do, and that's the price, I signed the papers, arranged shipping, and I had the truck for that price. at this point ( not to sound like a **** but) it's not really my problem haha, I am very happy with the deal I recieved.

nburd

Reaction score
So while I've been shopping I noticed that's what all the dealers do now, show the price after all insane rebates. with this dealer I called and said what is the real price, I gave them my info and they came back to me with the price of $32,685, That was about 1500 over what the price online was, When I went to a local dealer and showed them the quote, they said it is impossible that I applied for all those rebates, I'm almost positive I didn't but they said I do, and that's the price, I signed the papers, arranged shipping, and I had the truck for that price. at this point ( not to sound like a **** but) it's not really my problem haha, I am very happy with the deal I recieved.
You got it. Take all you can get from those dealer folks. Maybe, a dealer finally got caught with all of those rebate claims (4H members, Realtors, no credit) and did not get reimbursed which is cool! I am sure that dealer is getting lots of calls too! Hopefully others can get the deal. I talked Kernsville Ram in NC before I bought my truck. I could not arrange shipping to an area my company would let me travel to without a 2 week unpaid vacation. They were $11K off from sticker for a Bighorn Crew "sport" with the 12" screen (3.21's though). I just could not make delivery work.

When I saw mine in Gray with the Night and ORP, I fell in love. My deal was $10K off, so I was happy. I could have got a 6'4" bed for $11K off due to another rebate but that was 20" longer than my old Burb, which my wife could not handle and it was covered in chrome. I do find the Halogen headlights are OK. I know everyone wants LEDs. I looked to upgrade my bulbs but that is illegal in my State (and most folks are putting out way more lumens than allowed by Law (55 Watts/65 Watts equivalent) with a bulb change. In my State, if a DOT certified light came with Halogens, you can only install a halogen bulb. I actually find I am in the minority now (with Halogens) and see more RAM's with OEM LED lights than the Halogens on the road. Anyway, Enjoy the truck, it's a beauty.

Phillip Berk

Reaction score
You got it. Take all you can get from those dealer folks. Maybe, a dealer finally got caught with all of those rebate claims (4H members, Realtors, no credit) and did not get reimbursed which is cool! I am sure that dealer is getting lots of calls too! Hopefully others can get the deal. I talked Kernsville Ram in NC before I bought my truck. I could not arrange shipping to an area my company would let me travel to without a 2 week unpaid vacation. They were $11K off from sticker for a Bighorn Crew "sport" with the 12" screen (3.21's though). I just could not make delivery work.

When I saw mine in Gray with the Night and ORP, I fell in love. My deal was $10K off, so I was happy. I could have got a 6'4" bed for $11K off due to another rebate but that was 20" longer than my old Burb, which my wife could not handle and it was covered in chrome. I do find the Halogen headlights are OK. I know everyone wants LEDs. I looked to upgrade my bulbs but that is illegal in my State (and most folks are putting out way more lumens than allowed by Law (55 Watts/65 Watts equivalent) with a bulb change. In my State, if a DOT certified light came with Halogens, you can only install a halogen bulb. I actually find I am in the minority now (with Halogens) and see more RAM's with OEM LED lights than the Halogens on the road. Anyway, Enjoy the truck, it's a beauty.
Ya I'm in florida and basically anything goes in florida LMAO, but I may do the Led bulbs eventually since changing the headlights may void my electrical warranty according to a service advisor at ram. I'm having mine all color matched and blacked out this week, found a almost perfect match vinyl that comes in tmmr. Gonna do the bumpers and grill, and hood vent, then paint the calipers red, and the badges black.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just took delivery of my 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn Quad cab 4x4 Hemi. Its my first truck and I plan to use it a tow vehicle, and helping my dad haul crap for the new house he is rebuilding/ remodeling. Pretty excited to finally join the truck world, I've had a 2005 Hummer H2 but that's the closest normal SUV/ Truck I've had. I do have 2 Military Humvees but not really comparable. I wasn't necessarily looking for a ram, I actually was originally going to get a base 2wd 4.3 Silverado, and then I decided if I am going to get a truck, I may as well get a real one, and even tho FCA has some "interesting" reliability records, My dad is super happy with his Gen V viper, so I am not too worried. I currently drive a 2016 Jaguar F-type S convertible, very different then a Ram 1500, but I think they will make a good combo.

I have been searching for mods since I first found the truck and I am excited to start the personalization process. I'm already having my wrap guy color match the front and rear bumpers, the grill, and side badge. Also Going to have it tinted this week and the Dualliner Bed liner installed. What really drew to me to this Ram, even though it was across the country from me, (Maryland) the dealer gave me a deal I could not refuse. An MSRP of $47,685 and I managed to get it for $32,685 before taxes and shipping. With dealer fees/ taxes/ and shipping, I was right around $36,500 to my door. I'll post the window sticker so everyone could see. From my research and what I saw this looked like the best deal I was going to get, no other deal I called could come even close! Just came back from taking some photos! I'd love everyones feedback on the truck, the deal, and what things I should look for and mods I should consider. Thanks and I look forward to being apart of this community! And before you say it! yes I know the terrible stock halogens need to go asap! already looking for solutions, that's the one options I wish I had.

View attachment 68194 View attachment 68195 View attachment 68196 View attachment 68197 View attachment 68198 View attachment 68199 View attachment 68200 View attachment 68201 View attachment 68203 View attachment 68204
I know it's an old thread, but how did the bumper wraps go? Thinking of doing this to mine when it gets here.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 68194 View attachment 68195 View attachment 68196 View attachment 68197 View attachment 68198 View attachment 68199 View attachment 68200 View attachment 68201 View attachment 68203 View attachment 68204
Welcome to the forum.

Red
Wow that was a good deal! First of all I’m surprised anyone still has 2020 new around yet, especially with COVID and vehicle shortages! But here’s why you got it for that price, that truck is almost 2 years old already and it’s also only a quad cab. You got a great deal and as long as it’s what you wanted and your happy with it, that’s all that matters👍🏻 Normally dealers would be trying to dump all their 21’s right now to make room for the 2022’s. However with the major shortage, I don’t see any of them doing that! Enjoy your new truck😁

NorcalMike

Reaction score
Wow that was a good deal! First of all I’m surprised anyone still has 2020 new around yet, especially with COVID and vehicle shortages! But here’s why you got it for that price, that truck is almost 2 years old already and it’s also only a quad cab. You got a great deal and as long as it’s what you wanted and your happy with it, that’s all that matters👍🏻 Normally dealers would be trying to dump all their 21’s right now to make room for the 2022’s. However with the major shortage, I don’t see any of them doing that! Enjoy your new truck😁
It was new when he posted. It’s an old thread if you look up a couple posts someone was just asking him a question about how something went

Users who are viewing this thread