5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Baby is damaged goods.

2019Beast

Reaction score
I work early morning till 1:30pm. Came out to my truck after work and found a huge scratch. My heart broke. I haven't even made my first payment. I'm furious for one. Second no note was left. So I take pics call the insurance company and file a claim. I pick my boys up from school and mentioned that someone put a huge scratch in my truck. My youngest son who is almost 7 says, " The big white one?" So he did it with his bike yesterday and didn't bother to tell me. I'm so disappointed in him and the oldest for not saying a word.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. I feel your pain. Would have been better to be your best friend, neighbor, anyone but the kids.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get it all fixed up and your kids don't ride their bikes by it again (if the bike managed to survive the night).

I just told our middle daughter the other night she is the sole reason we haven't bought a new truck as she smashed the snack and spilt the drink she snuck in my truck.

Kids. How we love them so.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My son did that to my F150 years ago, handle bar went down the side. No scratch due to the rubber handle but dented it. Yeah, blood boils on stuff like that.

Same truck, another story. My wife needed to move my truck just a day after I bought it because she was so paranoid about pulling past and hitting the truck with her backing out of the garage....whatever....so she pulled my truck into a T spot of our driveway, goes about her business. The next day I go to get into it and the back sliding window is open and guess what, it poured the night before. Grrrr!! Women have to use the center mirror and not understanding the new truck, she started hitting buttons. There was about an inch of water in the rear cab. I vacuumed it out, left the windows open and in a couple days it dried out. Talk about angry! I don’t think I talked to her until after it dried. Lol.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I think all of us with kids have been there. It is a downer though. The good news is that it can be fixed. I feel your pain.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Last year I was startled out of bed by a loud crunch outside; a crazy lady had rammed her brand new Acura into my brand new Jeep...I walked outside, gave her a kiss and said we’ll take care of it after work. My name is Alex, and I too have been a victim of family assault. 84676E09-84BB-45D0-95A0-E646507C71DA.jpeg 3F9E1E79-A394-4E7D-BFE3-21C7B3A4286C.jpeg 11452DE5-E059-4BD8-A12D-69D57A58D05D.jpeg 00979250-8B0B-4716-9DE1-32DBD1150D31.jpeg

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I work early morning till 1:30pm. Came out to my truck after work and found a huge scratch. My heart broke. I haven't even made my first payment. I'm furious for one. Second no note was left. So I take pics call the insurance company and file a claim. I pick my boys up from school and mentioned that someone put a huge scratch in my truck. My youngest son who is almost 7 says, " The big white one?" So he did it with his bike yesterday and didn't bother to tell me. I'm so disappointed in him and the oldest for not saying a word.

There are some good videos on YouTube on how to get rid of scratches. It helps you determine if the scratch is in the clear coat or paint etc. Search for Chrid Fix

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh please you guys are rookies lol. My oldest daughter called herself helping by driving our new car into our garage. For some odd reason she didn’t bother to stop hence car meets inside of house. Needless to say I also had not made the first payment. My total concern was if she was ok, everything is replaceable.

I’m not trying to downplay what happened to you OP, my current kids who are teenagers still do things and neglect to tell me. :)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh please you guys are rookies lol. My oldest daughter called herself helping by driving our new car into our garage. For some odd reason she didn’t bother to stop hence car meets inside of house. Needless to say I also had not made the first payment. My total concern was if she was ok, everything is replaceable.

I’m not trying to downplay what happened to you OP, my current kids who are teenagers still do things and neglect to tell me. :)

I would have loved to have seen your eyes as that was happening! Not in a bad way though...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol I’ve learned through my years to value my family more so then my personal possessions. Now don’t get me wrong as I have two teenaged daughters left at home and they try my patience constantly with their makeup laden fingers on my seats/ doors / windows lol. The one forget she had a pencil in her rear pocket and poked a small hold in the seat of my last car.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol I’ve learned through my years to value my family more so then my personal possessions. Now don’t get me wrong as I have two teenaged daughters left at home and they try my patience constantly with their makeup laden fingers on my seats/ doors / windows lol. The one forget she had a pencil in her rear pocket and poked a small hold in the seat of my last car.

Sorry to LOL at that comment. Amen about family over things though.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing can bring families closer together than a good insurance agent.

Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003603 miles.

Mike67

Reaction score
Not a Truck story, but a deer hit my 2004 Cavalier. Took out the front driver quarter panel and broke all of the drive side windows.
So I get that all fixed and then my wife comes in and says she hit my car, she says she was backing up, heard a crunch and the Van wasn't going anywhere when she gave it some gas, so she gave it a lot more and finally realized she was scrapping along my car. She did the same damage to my front quarter panel as the deer, what a Dear.
Then she did it again a few years later trying to rush our dog to the vet. Dog was ok, car wasn't.

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
So if any of our fellow members are obsessive You Tube watchers, you need to look up PapaBear (pretty sure this is the right name) - he bought a black Laramie sport, and started doing Vlogs on it - well he was in the process of getting married, long story short he has an inebriated passenger in the back seat - who gets sick, and I mean really sick! As in, cleaning chunks of vom out of the rear ac vents - I kid you not, the truck was a week old I think. You can tell in the video, he’s over the crying / nashing of teeth and just beat down.... he’s like ‘ yeah, you know who you are. I love you, but... ‘ talking about the passenger. I was almost crying (from understanding- then laughter) from the sad tone in his voice.

rx2man

Reaction score
Kids will be kids, they cant help it. When adults do **** is when I get pissed cause they know better. Bet they will not scratch it again after seeing daddys reaction to his new toy. I was watching a scratch repair video where they use a squeegee to go over the paint filling in the scratch and looks perfect.....Doctor color chip is one of them but there is another advertised in autoweek that I cant remember. I will look for it when I get home......

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Was picking my daughter up from school. Backing out and one of the extended mirrors on a bus behind me got me. Was watching the bumper in the cam not the mirrors :/

commercialMinotour.png

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man.. at least it's steel. You'd be amazed what a good PDR guy can get out. Sorry that happened.

I door dinged my new truck with my old truck.. talk about being disappointed.. something like this is understandable. Doing it to myself I couldn't sleep. Got it fixed like it never happened.

Maybe my old truck was jealous and pushed its door from my hand

Users who are viewing this thread