5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Baby is damaged goods.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Man.. at least it's steel. You'd be amazed what a good PDR guy can get out. Sorry that happened.

I door dinged my new truck with my old truck.. talk about being disappointed.. something like this is understandable. Doing it to myself I couldn't sleep. Got it fixed like it never happened.

Maybe my old truck was jealous and pushed its door from my hand

Ive got one PDR guy who says he can do it (based on photo only) and i have a body shop who say they can do it but will "have" to paint the whole panel. I'm not sure why they would want to paint it. Another PDR shop wants to see it first. I think most have concerns about what the paint will do when they push it back out :/

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive got one PDR guy who says he can do it (based on photo only) and i have a body shop who say they can do it but will "have" to paint the whole panel. I'm not sure why they would want to paint it. Another PDR shop wants to see it first. I think most have concerns about what the paint will do when they push it back out :/
You'll be fine. You'd be amazed at the flex.. most the paints are water based now and extremely flexible. Ive seen way worse than this come out. They use a heat gun on it while working it. The best thing is there is no crease. That where the paint issues come. Not a soft dome like that. Whatever you do use painting as an absolute last case scenario. If they have to don't have them re color the whole bed. They could do a small blend there of color and clear it. That color is as impossible to match as they get. You'd wind up with half the truck repainted.

Just find a good dent guy. DO a LOT of research online. I found a guy in Dallas and I wouldn't hesitate using him or recommending him. Also gives you a chance to make a relationship. Nice to have one in your phone book. Never know when some idiot will park next to you.

Good luck

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
While it sucks for sure, your kids are forever, not the truck.
My w/e mishap did not involve my truck, but did involve totaling my John Deere

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online