5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Uconnect issues

warmachine

Reaction score
If you ever want to do a force reset, disconnect the negative AND positive battery clamps and then touch the clamps together for 15 seconds. This works for all FCA vehicles

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The thing is...it seems the system only “boots” like this after the vehicle has been idle for a long time. I was trying to get it to reboot last night by restarting the vehicle, but it didn’t work. When I restarted after a minute or so the system just came up without the splash screen or little dots.

Does anyone know how to force a reboot?
I am still awaiting my truck, but has anyone with a 2019 Ram (8” or 12” screen) tried this gentleman’s UConnect 8.4 reset technique, holding volume and tune down for 10 seconds while it is running, to force a system reboot?

If it works, it’ll be much easier than messing with the battery terminals. So any willing guinea pigs out there?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you ever want to do a force reset, disconnect the negative AND positive battery clamps and then touch the clamps together for 15 seconds. This works for all FCA vehicles

I would be careful about doing this with an ETorque truck, there are two batteries in the truck.

zignice

Reaction score
Tried it yesterday. Does not work. Just shuts the radio off.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried it yesterday. Does not work. Just shuts the radio off.

Thats what the soft reset does. You could also try holding the driver temp up and down buttons at the same time and see if it gets you into the engineering menu and do the reset to factory default and see if that helps.

zignice

Reaction score
When I say "shuts the radio off" I mean that's all that happened. It did not do a soft reset. Held the buttons for like 30 seconds waiting for something to happen.

Has anyone had any luck with the old button combinations? I have tried and none seem to work on the new system.

Last edited:

warmachine

Reaction score
Yes, but the 48V system charges the 12V. So what triggers the charger, ignition or low battery

It doesn’t charge unless the engine is running. The PPU will allow the 48v system to start the engine in the event of a discharged 12v system, once the engine is running it will charge the 12v system

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is from a Jeep forum, wonder if it would work on a ram

What I'd like you to do, with the vehicle on. Press the phone and VR button on the steering wheel. Hold them both down for 30 seconds. When the time is up, turn off the vehicle, and open your driver side door for 30 seconds. Close the door and restart the vehicle.

zignice

Reaction score
Got an email from RAM with a link to an online survey so of course I completed it and listed my issues. A few days after I completed the survey I got a call. After telling my story, I was told that they were "escalating" my issue and I would be assigned a caseworker. The woman was very nice and apologetic. We'll see what happens.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got an email from RAM with a link to an online survey so of course I completed it and listed my issues. A few days after I completed the survey I got a call. After telling my story, I was told that they were "escalating" my issue and I would be assigned a caseworker. The woman was very nice and apologetic. We'll see what happens.
Same exact thing happened to me with my lemon law. This so called "caseworker" gives the same bs canned excuses like the Ram online chat does etc. Sorry to be negative but dont get your hopes up I been through that

zignice

Reaction score
Truck was in the shop for two days this week as they went back and forth with Chrysler. Finally they said there was nothing they could do until the update. Got the update today and it seems to have resolved most issues, but on FM it won’t keep my presets. I program them in and the next day all gone and some default set of stations are there.

Users who are viewing this thread