5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud flaps

joemo

Reaction score
Do these fit over the hard plastic rock guards? I am looking at removing the plastic rock guards due to my 2in wheel spacer up front rubbing.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do these fit over the hard plastic rock guards? I am looking at removing the plastic rock guards due to my 2in wheel spacer up front rubbing.
Yes

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Ram Man 727

Reaction score

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
My daughter asked for a set of Rokblokz (the name is.. just f’n atrocious) for her Subaru for Christmas, and I liked the design of them and ended up getting a set in black w/ red logo to go on my truck. Thankfully, the logo is okay. I would not have gotten them if that name was more prominent. :ROFLMAO: These are the ‘regular’ size from the link below.

Attachments

• 5EC9247E-904A-488D-B024-79840A5A6EF7.jpeg
    5EC9247E-904A-488D-B024-79840A5A6EF7.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 269
  • B780D929-D71A-4805-B12F-2445655BD660.jpeg
    B780D929-D71A-4805-B12F-2445655BD660.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 268

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My daughter asked for a set of Rokblokz (the name is.. just f’n atrocious) for her Subaru for Christmas, and I liked the design of them and ended up getting a set in black w/ red logo to go on my truck. Thankfully, the logo is okay. I would not have gotten them if that name was more prominent. :ROFLMAO: These are the ‘regular’ size from the link below.
They look a TON nicer than those big Gatorback mud flaps that say RAM in SUPER BIG letters. I would have ordered them with the black logo versus red so it wouldn't detract from the beautiful truck, but they do look nice. I am not a fan of any accessory that has RAM plastered on it:sick:

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
They look a TON nicer than those big Gatorback mud flaps that say RAM in SUPER BIG letters. I would have ordered them with the black logo versus red so it wouldn't detract from the beautiful truck, but they do look nice. I am not a fan of any accessory that has RAM plastered on it:sick:
I definitely considered the black/black, but I took a chance on the small red logo and like the way they turned out. Pops a little bit along with the tail lights.

And yea, these replaced my dealership ones which frankly should have come off a LONG time before they did (didn’t say ‘RAM’ but still - not great). :)

Doofus74

Reaction score
What is everyone using for 35 x 12.50? I have a longhorn and need something that sticks out a little if there is such a thing? Don’t need full on fender flairs. Just trying to keep “all” the mud off the sides and some rock chips.

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
What is everyone using for 35 x 12.50? I have a longhorn and need something that sticks out a little if there is such a thing? Don’t need full on fender flairs. Just trying to keep “all” the mud off the sides and some rock chips.
Gatorbacks all the way!
They are heavy duty rubber and do a great job keeping the crap off the sides. You can get them with or without trim plates. Easy to install

Quint

Reaction score
I did the Mopar, The ones I got are filled with some type of foam so no mud or whatever can get in there! I like the looks Of Mopar best by far and they are very functional. At first I was not gong to get any until I put a larger size tire on my truck.
For anyone thinking about the Mopar, I did buy these as well from the service department when I picked up my truck. I finally put them on but realized that I forgot something...until reading this thread. Apparently Mopar includes foam inserts now for those "pockets." I thought those were part of shipping and tossed them into the trash.

My solution was to spray a can of Great Stuff foam into there, about halfway at first, allowed to expand, and then to the top. It filled the pockets nicely and then I just spray painted the top black. I mention this in case you have the Mopar mudflaps without the foam inserts. Just spray in some Great Stuff foam.

JbVt

Reaction score
Just got these tonight. Install later this week after the work stretch. Hopefully these keep some of the northeast winter off the side of my truck. Love the looks of the weather techs and huskys but didn’t want the hard molded style. Seen too many ripped off during hunting season. Gator backs look awesome but damn that’s a lot of money for mud flaps. Hope these fit the bill for me. OEM Mopar. Couldn’t find any reviews anywhere on these. Took a chance and ordered them. Update when I get them on.

Attachments

• ED5E07A9-6A5C-41E8-9307-D8FA747B0E4A.jpeg
    ED5E07A9-6A5C-41E8-9307-D8FA747B0E4A.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 6F221F10-E25F-48C4-B785-A50DB04B256D.jpeg
    6F221F10-E25F-48C4-B785-A50DB04B256D.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 138
  • C0519754-2542-4A6E-8769-3A2D74373853.jpeg
    C0519754-2542-4A6E-8769-3A2D74373853.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 138

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got these tonight. Install later this week after the work stretch. Hopefully these keep some of the northeast winter off the side of my truck. Love the looks of the weather techs and huskys but didn’t want the hard molded style. Seen too many ripped off during hunting season. Gator backs look awesome but damn that’s a lot of money for mud flaps. Hope these fit the bill for me. OEM Mopar. Couldn’t find any reviews anywhere on these. Took a chance and ordered them. Update when I get them on.
First time I have seen these mud flaps. Good luck with the install.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Do you have a part number for these you can share ?

Duran

Reaction score
Went with husky mud guards for my 2020 laramie

Attachments

• 20210309_165259.jpg
    20210309_165259.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 20210309_165252.jpg
    20210309_165252.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 174

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like Weathertech stuff as well, but went with Husky for this truck because they're a bit bigger and I live in snow country, and have dirt roads in my area that I have to traverse sometimes. $30 for a damaged box with perfect flaps inside is a bargain every day of the week, so it was a no brainer. View attachment 83792
I was going to go ram but the Husky looks nice!

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score

JbVt

Reaction score
Got these installed yesterday, got dark before I was done and truck is filthy dirty. Install was real straight forward, uses factory bolts from inside fender and the kit gives you two rivets to use for attaching to inner fender liner. I opted to swap the plastic rivets for full stainless hardware. Now I may have to do a little bending/shaping when my bilsteins and bigger tires come in but for now they're great! Weather is nice out so will get it washed and get some pictures after work this afternoon.

Finally was warm enough to get my AVS vent visors on also. Pictures of both this evening.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got these installed yesterday, got dark before I was done and truck is filthy dirty. Install was real straight forward, uses factory bolts from inside fender and the kit gives you two rivets to use for attaching to inner fender liner. I opted to swap the plastic rivets for full stainless hardware. Now I may have to do a little bending/shaping when my bilsteins and bigger tires come in but for now they're great! Weather is nice out so will get it washed and get some pictures after work this afternoon.

Finally was warm enough to get my AVS vent visors on also. Pictures of both this evening.
Can't wait to see!

Mirowpl

Reaction score
So I tried to order the heavy duty RAM mud flaps from Mopar. Out of stock and they had no info about when they would be back. I heard from another place I tried, and they said they have been discontinue. So I ended up with the Husky mud flaps. Need to wash the truck tomorrow and install them. I will drill the other hole as it seems that would be best install for these to last.

Users who are viewing this thread