5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud flaps

Doofus74

Reaction score
What mud flapps you all using? I have a factory lifted 2021 1500 with 35x12.do Nitto. Any good ones you suggest?

Gumpa

Reaction score
Screws into sheetmetal or plastic parts? I was leaning to the Husky's too, the Weathertech ones are nice but I don't like how the Ram ones look. My buddy has them on a Furd and they look good.

clazer

Reaction score
Agree on the Husky. I trimmed mine to keep from rubbing, but didn’t feel bad about it because they’re so inexpensive.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Screws into sheetmetal or plastic parts? I was leaning to the Husky's too, the Weathertech ones are nice but I don't like how the Ram ones look. My buddy has them on a Furd and they look good.
Three screws into the sheet metal on the inside of the fender flare. I have a bighorn, not sure on the fender flares on a Laramie or above.

Yangster

Reaction score
If you go on Amazon, you can pick them up for something like $31. The box is damaged (maybe from returns), but they are still great for the price. I picked up the Huskies and you can't tell them from new. Now I just need for Ram to get my Longhorn built!

highgear2005

Reaction score
My biggest regret, buying mopar splash guards! They are garbage! The rather large pockets molded into them, is great for storage! I keep all the extra road salt, rocks and mud in mine. In the winter time they freeze and make a even bigger mess. I guess the engineer that designed these was a c student! I recommend aftermarket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearman95

Reaction score
I did the Mopar, The ones I got are filled with some type of foam so no mud or whatever can get in there! I like the looks Of Mopar best by far and they are very functional. At first I was not gong to get any until I put a larger size tire on my truck.

Einstein376

Reaction score
If you go on Amazon, you can pick them up for something like $31. The box is damaged (maybe from returns), but they are still great for the price. I picked up the Huskies and you can't tell them from new. Now I just need for Ram to get my Longhorn built!
Thanks for this - I got a set from here and installed them yesterda.

Jim

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Need a set myself. Had so much dirty ice between the body and running board, it was banging on the body with any little bump.:mad: Even considered starting a thread like this, but didn't get a round tuit. Thanks.

Edit: Just to clarify - I'm looking for flexible flaps, not molded spats(?) I need them to be flexible offroad.

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
I like Weathertech stuff as well, but went with Husky for this truck because they're a bit bigger and I live in snow country, and have dirt roads in my area that I have to traverse sometimes. $30 for a damaged box with perfect flaps inside is a bargain every day of the week, so it was a no brainer. IMG_1372.jpg

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Need a set myself. Had so much dirty ice between the body and running board, it was banging on the body with any little bump.:mad: Even considered starting a thread like this, but didn't get a round tuit. Thanks.

Edit: Just to clarify - I'm looking for flexible flaps, not molded spats(?) I need them to be flexible offroad.

If you like flexible flaps and don't mind figuring out the install yourself, Rally Armor makes awesome Urethane flaps. You can get universal ones, you just need to put holes and line them up with the fender screws, possibly add a spacer. I did it on my last RAM (yes, I like black trucks and I cannot lie). A959B925-C58A-432F-9C50-3D87C909FEB5-Vehicle-4.jpg

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with Weathertech and I am happy with them. They help with the rock rash on the fender flairs indeed if you have the retractable running boards.

Everyone I know has been happy with the weathertech or husky. Lots of complaints about the mopar ones holding dirt/ice/rocks, but it sounds like someone solved that issue above.

Gitter

Reaction score
Really like my WeatherTech mud flaps. Was able to get them on just before the winter vortex dumped on us.

They fit with my 34" tires without any rubbing. I like that they are slightly shorter than the Huskys, but they do a great job containing the mess still. No mud or huge chunks of ice on my power running boards now! They also fit/flow well with the stock fender flairs on my Limited.

20210207_124700.jpg 20210207_124729.jpg

Klicht87

Reaction score
I just installed the Gatorback mudflaps from Sharptruck on my 2021 Laramie with the fender flares. Easy install. You do have to drill a hole in the fender liner and the factor little mudflap things on the rear but it's easy. You don't have to remove the rear wheels. They are expensive but worth every penny. image2 (2).jpeg image1 (7).jpeg image0 (13).jpeg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's funny because the Husky and the WT look exactly the same on a RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread