5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps or No Mud Flaps?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the gatorbacks. Very happy with how they look and how they protect. With the larger tires and off-road sludge that I have to drive through at work, flaps are a must.

Attachments

• A7D4FAB4-E7CC-4BEB-A650-46C9E0973316.jpeg
    A7D4FAB4-E7CC-4BEB-A650-46C9E0973316.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211

19RAMSRU

Reaction score
I went with the gatorbacks. Very happy with how they look and how they protect. With the larger tires and off-road sludge that I have to drive through at work, flaps are a must.
What size did you go with?
23 or 26?

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What size did you go with?
23 or 26?
I went with the 23”. I thought about the longer ones but wasn’t sure they would look right. The fronts are about 8.75” from the ground and the tears are about 11”. They help a lot with the amount of splashing under the rockers and the rear too. Very easy to install and good fit.

19RAMSRU

Reaction score
I went with the 23”. I thought about the longer ones but wasn’t sure they would look right. The fronts are about 8.75” from the ground and the tears are about 11”. They help a lot with the amount of splashing under the rockers and the rear too. Very easy to install and good fit.

Thank you! If I do not like my husky's I will return them and get gators!

ammdrew

Reaction score
Duraflaps should be here next week. I will post pics as soon as they are on. Had them on my 16 and they definatly did the job very well and a true drill less instal

DaYooper

Reaction score
Even though I despise the look of mud flaps, I'm considering getting the WeatherTech ones to protect the paint and to keep ice from building up on the power running boards this winter. Do any of you people getting mud flaps live in areas that receive significant snowfall?

I put mud flaps on the first new vehicle I had just out of high school (Chevy S-10 Blazer) and they didn't even last the first winter before getting torn off. We get quite a bit of snow here in the U.P. of Michigan which does take out a few mud flaps, but it's the "ice turds" that build up on them that cause the most problems.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even though I despise the look of mud flaps, I'm considering getting the WeatherTech ones to protect the paint and to keep ice from building up on the power running boards this winter. Do any of you people getting mud flaps live in areas that receive significant snowfall?

I put mud flaps on the first new vehicle I had just out of high school (Chevy S-10 Blazer) and they didn't even last the first winter before getting torn off. We get quite a bit of snow here in the U.P. of Michigan which does take out a few mud flaps, but it's the "ice turds" that build up on them that cause the most problems.
I live in SE Michigan and have not had a problem on previous trucks. We get snow but nothing like in the U.P.

Grayfuji

Reaction score
I went with the Husky mud flaps. They fit well and seem to be built to last. Although I think they look good I primarily got them to protect the truck.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the Husky mud flaps. They fit well and seem to be built to last. Although I think they look good I primarily got them to protect the truck.

Do you have a picture of them installed?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
They're a must for me up in the north country where we often see 200+ inches of snow per year. we also take the snowmobiles up to Tug Hill where they got over 25 feet last year.

th3duke

Reaction score
Do you mind that they are not flush with the fender flares. Just had mine done and it bugs me but maybe I am being to anal.

I personally like it that way as it protects more from splashing on the truck (slush, mud, rocks)...

Users who are viewing this thread