5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps or No Mud Flaps?

Nick54

Reaction score
I went with the Gatorbacks they are the best mud flaps I've ever purchased.

Attachments

• Drive Side.jpg
    Drive Side.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Pass Side.jpg
    Pass Side.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 86

Jwsmith

Reaction score
went with the no-drill Weathertechs - don't get as much build-up snow on steps and keeps the sides cleaner. Simple install, mats fit perfect to keep the carpets clean too.

cw_mi

Reaction score
So, does anyone have measurements on how far each brand hang down ?
I have Weather Techs and they just don't seem long enough, maybe for the rear, but definitely not the front.
The Husky look to be about the same length. So what are the lengths for the Dura and Gatorbacks ?
What else is available ? The GB's look sort of cheap compared to the Weather Techs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gatorbacks I believe hang down 9.5 inches when measuring from the fender to the bottom of the flap. Style is subjective. I actually think the GB's are very solid feeling and looking compared to the WTs. Some of the flashier GBs aren't my thing, but I've been very happy with my black powdered coated set I put on, and the protection has been excellent.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, does anyone have measurements on how far each brand hang down ?
I have Weather Techs and they just don't seem long enough, maybe for the rear, but definitely not the front.
The Husky look to be about the same length. So what are the lengths for the Dura and Gatorbacks ?
What else is available ? The GB's look sort of cheap compared to the Weather Techs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You don't want the hard style flaps to long or you risk tearing them off even driving over minor obstacles like maybe driving over a small curb. If you want long flaps your better off with the rubber style.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My WeatherTech's will be here Friday...I like the look and the fit is excellent from all of the pics I have seen.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Gatorbacks I believe hang down 9.5 inches when measuring from the fender to the bottom of the flap. Style is subjective. I actually think the GB's are very solid feeling and looking compared to the WTs. Some of the flashier GBs aren't my thing, but I've been very happy with my black powdered coated set I put on, and the protection has been excellent.

Another vote for gatorback, I have the black steel or whatever they call it, excellent protection

Nick54

Reaction score
From my pre purchase research, I purposely avoided body formed flaps that wrap around the painted portion of either the fender of flair. It seems that this area traps dirt and moisture and you all know the issues with that.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Husky mud flaps. Very easy to install, and they look great. Big demerit to Husky and RealTruck.com however - Husky shorted me 2 of the paint protector 3M films, and I have been told by RealTruck twice that Husky is sending me the film, but nothing ever came. I finally gave up on them and emailed Husky directly. I'll report back what happens, but as far as I'm concerned customer service between the two of them on this issue sucks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
From my pre purchase research, I purposely avoided body formed flaps that wrap around the painted portion of either the fender of flair. It seems that this area traps dirt and moisture and you all know the issues with that.

That is why the great quality molded mud guards come with paint protection film to prevent any issues with paint damage. I have been installing molded mud guards on every vehicle I've ever owned and ZERO issues with moisture and trapping dirt. The molded guards also look the nicest IMPO.

Users who are viewing this thread