5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps or No Mud Flaps?

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Let me know and what brand and any pics if you have them.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I intend to install rear wheel well liners, but going with no flaps for now. Do you all put them on to be courteous to the cars behind you, or because it protects your vehicle? If I change my mind the weathertechs look like a well designed, nice fit.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a few posts of Gatorback mudflaps from members. Gatorback has different styles from flashy with RAM or something similar on them, or subdued with just black. I went with black coated steel and am happy. Pardon the mud.
20181016_093228-jpg.6394
20181016_093257-jpg.6395

revolutionz

Reaction score
I have the husky ones on mine. Great fit, and I liked the look a bit better than the weathertech ones. No pics at the moment.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have any on mine, I may put some on since my office is right in the middle of a 5 year construction project on I75. I see a lot of gravel on the pavement and I can hear them getting thrown up under my truck.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to say no but I just washed it for the first time in 3 weeks (curing PPF) and now I think I may order a set. The road trip to West Texas and back got all sorts of tar whipped up on the sides of my pristine Ivory baby. We can't have that now...
Probably going to go with the Weathertechs since the Mopar ones blow and the Gators are a little too trucker for me. Now if they made ones with the nekkid lady on them, well.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do the weathertechs fit tightly? I would like them but not sure if they trap water and salt. Without them I wonder if rocks will eventually scratch the side of my truck.

Put some black rtv on the paint before you install the mud flaps. Keeps the paint nice and clean.

Comes off with wd40 if you ever take the flaps off.

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
I was going to say no but I just washed it for the first time in 3 weeks (curing PPF) and now I think I may order a set. The road trip to West Texas and back got all sorts of tar whipped up on the sides of my pristine Ivory baby. We can't have that now...
Probably going to go with the Weathertechs since the Mopar ones blow and the Gators are a little too trucker for me. Now if they made ones with the nekkid lady on them, well.

https://www.ebay.com/i/323512628509?chn=ps

Attachments

• s-l640 (1).jpg
    s-l640 (1).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 39

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
I have the factory step bars from the chrome package. Went to my deer stand the other day and slung all kinds of mud on top of the step bars and brackets. I already had the WeatherTechs on order, and that was just a confirmation that they are needed at least for my setup. Hoping to get them installed this week. They arrived yesterday. Was glad I had the wheel well liners too. ;)

Cmoar

Reaction score
I have the factory step bars from the chrome package. Went to my deer stand the other day and slung all kinds of mud on top of the step bars and brackets. I already had the WeatherTechs on order, and that was just a confirmation that they are needed at least for my setup. Hoping to get them installed this week. They arrived yesterday. Was glad I had the wheel well liners too. ;)

I hunt too and was a little worried about the hard plastic flaps getting torqued crossing a creek or ditch. Let us know how they work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread