5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Deflector Install

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not to revive the dead here, but I'm pretty sure I followed that same install video where the brackets can freely slide.

Did you attempt to break the adhesive and re-set the brackets in the proper position? I lost one of my push rivets so I don't feel wicked inclined to break the only other thing keeping it in there.
Whats the problem?

I have a spare full set of the mopar in channel deflectors, I think it's missing a single push clip.

Which set do you have?

GraftonP

Reaction score
Window deflectors have no brackets or clips or push rivets ;)
The mopar ones certainly do if you see the video that was mentioned earlier, unless you're being picky about the verbiage I use. Biggest word I know is "shoulder" so I just call it what I think it's called lol.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The mopar ones certainly do if you see the video that was mentioned earlier, unless you're being picky about the verbiage I use. Biggest word I know is "shoulder" so I just call it what I think it's called lol.
You need to install a different brand!

GraftonP

Reaction score
Whats the problem?

I have a spare full set of the mopar in channel deflectors, I think it's missing a single push clip.

Which set do you have?
Specifically I have Part# 82215819. Following an earlier mentioned youtube video for installation instructions rather than reading, I installed the "clips" in the improper channel (they can still slide left and right, which according to others here they should not be able to do).

The deflectors have already been on the truck for a few days, so its the crossroad decision of "Do i break the adhesive to mount the clip in the proper location, or do I leave the clips installed incorrectly but still serving their purpose and not break the adhesive"

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Specifically I have Part# 82215819. Following an earlier mentioned youtube video for installation instructions rather than reading, I installed the "clips" in the improper channel (they can still slide left and right, which according to others here they should not be able to do).

The deflectors have already been on the truck for a few days, so its the crossroad decision of "Do i break the adhesive to mount the clip in the proper location, or do I leave the clips installed incorrectly but still serving their purpose and not break the adhesive"

Ah I have nothing for you then.
Those are for a 2500 not a 1500 like we have here.

On the 1500 there are only clips, no adhesive.
This is the part number I have 82215478

Personally if it's staying in just leave it. Not like it's going to fall out.
The clips at least for the 1500 were pretty important for the rears, but the fronts didn't even have clips if I recall, and calling them clips is kind of incorrect. It was like a small plastic stud you would put through the plastic to attach it do another piece already installed.

GraftonP

Reaction score
Ah I have nothing for you then.
Those are for a 2500 not a 1500 like we have here.

On the 1500 there are only clips, no adhesive.
This is the part number I have 82215478

Personally if it's staying in just leave it. Not like it's going to fall out.
The clips at least for the 1500 were pretty important for the rears, but the fronts didn't even have clips if I recall, and calling them clips is kind of incorrect. It was like a small plastic stud you would put through the plastic to attach it do another piece already installed.
I would agree to the point that it's staying in place, but per the instructions (if the link works) they are, in fact, called clips.

Users who are viewing this thread