5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Ram airflow kit

cjgerson

Reaction score
Last week heard the current release date is 12/1/2018

The part number is 77072428

jmr

Reaction score
In the mean time I installed a K&N drop in air filter.
While there I removed the silencer pad that sits atop of the air filter in the upper half of the air box. At least the new air box inlet draws air from behind the grille which is better then the passenger fender on the 4th gen RAM's.

Lbdyll

Reaction score
In the mean time I installed a K&N drop in air filter.
While there I removed the silencer pad that sits atop of the air filter in the upper half of the air box. At least the new air box inlet draws air from behind the grille which is better then the passenger fender on the 4th gen RAM's.

Removing that pad, did you notice anymore intake noise? I would love it to have more noise, this truck is so quite.

jmr

Reaction score
Yes slightly more induction sound and less restriction a zero cost mod.

On my old 2016 RAM I drilled a 4" hole in the bottom
of the air box and routed a flexible duct down behind the front bumper.

With the 2019 RAM it could be done too but with a 3" duct instead because of space constraint.

Attachments

• IMG_7954.JPG
    IMG_7954.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 479

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Definitely at a cost of $925 will really wait for real world numbers before swiping my credit card lol. I don’t mind dropping money on things, but if it’s strictly cosmetic, that’s money I’ll put on the outside of my Ram.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Some folks will not put any upgraded parts on their vehicle unless it's made by the manufacturer as they are paranoid it will void their warranty without knowing about the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. $900 is a good amount of loot to drop on that upgrade but I'd rather wait and see what the true aftermarket releases after SEMA.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol that’s just a play on wording as I’ve easily dropped over $5000 on this truck so far. :)

cjgerson

Reaction score
This is from the guys at moparonlineparts.com.....

"There is a List price of 925.00 but please don't quote me as we have seen price changes on other newly in development accessories"

drsubie

Reaction score
Insanely overpriced (it's now at $526 MSRP). Having always replaced my filters w/ K&N, AirRaid, AEM, etc..., I've not noticed much, if any, improvement. Would only possibly replace the OEM filter w/ a higher quality filter when it's due to be switched...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Insanely overpriced (it's now at $526 MSRP). Having always replaced my filters w/ K&N, AirRaid, AEM, etc..., I've not noticed much, if any, improvement. Would only possibly replace the OEM filter w/ a higher quality filter when it's due to be switched...
Well, $500 would bring a cool-looking, great-sounding accessory into the realm of possibility, even if it doesn't contribute to performance.

However, as was pointed out in another thread, I wonder whether it'll fit on eTorque-equipped trucks. There's not a lot of extra space available with the BSG standing taller than an alternator.

Also, while it looks like it'll do a great job of feeding cool air into the engine, I wonder if there are any potential consequences from covering up the top of the engine and 'stealing' air from the radiator when—for example—idling in traffic on a 110-degree day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online