5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Ram airflow kit

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Who do you recommend in this area?

Dayton Andrews Clearwater has always been top notch for me and always super professional. Usually if I go outside of them I end up in disappointment. However due to inventory, I bought my current truck from Jim Browne in Dade City and have nothing negative to say. As far as buying parts... no idea. I always buy what I need online.

For the record I’ve owned Mopars since 2008 so been dealing with the local dealers for a while.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jchen79

Reaction score
Sick truck bro. I would change the headlights. The bighorn headlights don’t do it justice with that big circle in it. See if the Laramie headlights fit in your truck and it will hit nice!!
I plan to replace all the lights to the OEM RAM Rebel LEDs with the dark tint, but it will cost upwards of $2500. Searching for a total loss junker may save me some money if I can find one that only had front or rear damage only. Would be dope if I could find 2, one with rear damage, and the other with front. But chances are slim. Thanks for the compliment.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plan to replace all the lights to the OEM RAM Rebel LEDs with the dark tint, but it will cost upwards of $2500. Searching for a total loss junker may save me some money if I can find one that only had front or rear damage only. Would be dope if I could find 2, one with rear damage, and the other with front. But chances are slim. Thanks for the compliment.

That’ll be perfect. Hope you get lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not...just found it, and several others, when doing a Google search. Why do you ask and, more importantly, why does it matter?
Lots of sketchy vendors out there is why I ask, cheaper isn’t always better. Maybe takes forever to ship that kind of stuff and I realize you can file a claim with CC company or PayPal but who wants that hassle. The price does sound good though.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Lots of sketchy vendors out there is why I ask, cheaper isn’t always better. Maybe takes forever to ship that kind of stuff and I realize you can file a claim with CC company or PayPal but who wants that hassle. The price does sound good though.
Don’t disagree but my initial research on these guys looks very legit and solid.

Brettahelm

Reaction score
What about the Varaam Grabber? Anyone know how it compares. It’s half the cost with similar functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I seem to recall that when they announced it at SEMA they were claiming something like a 10 HP increase. I don't think I imagined that.
If that's all you get, it won't even be noticeable and , most likely, happens at 4500-5000RPM

cjmst23

Reaction score
It's 100% appearance and satisfying our lust for personalization of our trucks... But that's OK! Just don't fool yourselves into believing that the price is justified by HP improvements or MPG increases. It's simply not true.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does this mod make it sound any better/different? I could care less about hp or mpg, I’m ok with those. For me it would primarily be for improved sound, in conjunction with the aftermarket muffler. Secondarily it would be for the occasional “ooo” when I have to go under the hood for something and forgot it was there :p

Adrianp89

Reaction score
It's 100% appearance and satisfying our lust for personalization of our trucks... But that's OK! Just don't fool yourselves into believing that the price is justified by HP improvements or MPG increases. It's simply not true.

I would say this simply isn’t true. The Vararam has proven to shave nearly half a second on the DS, this should at least provide some performance that can be measured on paper.

Reaction score
It released October 10th, 2019, the very same day I ordered it at a local Dodge dealership. I picked it up this morning and installed. I did not see it available on the Mopar accessories website. Trucks runs a lot smoother now. 8th gear properly shifts and activates MDS without having to mess with throttle. 4” lift, 20” wheels, 35x12.5 tires, Borla cat-back exhaust (Attak). See picture for reference.

I have the same exhaust and tire/wheel setup and notice what you're saying. Might have to pickup the Ram Airflow myself if it makes that big of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread