5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Ram airflow kit

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Better question... Based on the new Ram design "Low Down" which features a brand new hood (designed specifically for the Ram Air Intake) Will those of us with Sport hoods or Regular hoods even be able to utilize the new intake or with that being said, utilize it properly, without purchasing the 3rd edition of the Low Down hood?

Can anyone weigh in on this?

Not sure what this even means? Aren’t all of our trucks the “new” Ram design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwiley386

Reaction score
Not sure what this even means? Aren’t all of our trucks the “new” Ram design?

Referring to the 2019 hoods.. If you saw, 5thgenrams.com posted a new model 2019 Ram (the Low Down) featuring a new style of hood to accommodate the new Ram Air Intake. See Link.

So is this new Hood (the 3rd of its kind released with the Gen 5’s) the ONLY compatible hood for the new/unreleased intake? Or for example, will my 2019 sport hood also be compatible with the new intake once it releases?

2019 Ram Low Down

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Referring to the 2019 hoods.. If you saw, 5thgenrams.com posted a new model 2019 Ram (the Low Down) featuring a new style of hood to accommodate the new Ram Air Intake. See Link.

So is this new Hood (the 3rd of its kind released with the Gen 5’s) the ONLY compatible hood for the new/unreleased intake? Or for example, will my 2019 sport hood also be compatible with the new intake once it releases?

2019 Ram Low Down
Interesting. The original concept for the RAM Airflow showed it ducted to the grille. Maybe the duct will be an optionally installed part if you don't have this hood? Would be kind of annoying after all this waiting. The only reason I'm waiting for the Airflow is because it will likely include an ECU flash with it. Looking more and more like I'll go with an S&B or AFE instead though.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. The original concept for the RAM Airflow showed it ducted to the grille. Maybe the duct will be an optionally installed part if you don't have this hood? Would be kind of annoying after all this waiting. The only reason I'm waiting for the Airflow is because it will likely include an ECU flash with it. Looking more and more like I'll go with an S&B or AFE instead though.
That’s what I was thinking. It could likely have an update for the truck to take advantage of the extra air. At this point though I may just buy s&b and go with Diablo for the tune. Debating on if it’s worth voiding the warranty. Drivetrain is essentially the same as it has been for years so...

Michael_D

Reaction score
I've been modifying and tuning/calibrating modern vehicles for over a decade now.

If there was an ECU update for this, it would simply be a MAF re-calibration due to a change in airflow across the MAF sensor. And that does not necessarily equate to any performance gain, whatsoever.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been modifying and tuning/calibrating modern vehicles for over a decade now.

If there was an ECU update for this, it would simply be a MAF re-calibration due to a change in airflow across the MAF sensor. And that does not necessarily equate to any performance gain, whatsoever.
Well, I guess Diablosport it will be then, and a S&B intake.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I prob wouldn’t do the Diablo only because I have a 7 yr 125k mile warranty I don’t really want to void.

TdgatesRAM19

Reaction score
Hey, Guys
I just find this, Is this "Ram Air Intake" that everybody been talking about?

Attachments

• mopar intake1.png
    mopar intake1.png
    313.1 KB · Views: 202
  • mopar intake2.png
    mopar intake2.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 192

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On another forum I was reading some posts from a Mopar vendor that Mopar corporate opened up ordering for the Ram Airflow for a day or two in early May but then shut it down again. They never gave the vendor pictures or full info on the product. Now they are saying September. :rolleyes:

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On another forum I was reading some posts from a Mopar vendor that Mopar corporate opened up ordering for the Ram Airflow for a day or two in early May but then shut it down again. They never gave the vendor pictures or full info on the product. Now they are saying September. :rolleyes:

Vaporware

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I prob wouldn’t do the Diablo only because I have a 7 yr 125k mile warranty I don’t really want to void.

thats what i have and from what i read.you will not see that much of a noticeable increase

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
That exhaust system looks and sounds identical to the Borla Atak system I put on yesterday. Except without the tips and $700 more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread