5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar OEM Hard Folding Tonneau Cover w/ Pictures

vvgrovervv

Reaction score
best part about the factory cover if you have Ram boxes. The rails fit right into the tracks for your bed utility group. So no more clamps along the rails.

Attachments

• IMG_20190306_131315.jpg
    IMG_20190306_131315.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20190306_131331.jpg
    IMG_20190306_131331.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 79

JXL118

Reaction score
Yeah the major gap on the side between the Rambox and tailgate appears to be pretty well sealed up as well as the front. I also used 2 of the plastic caps i removed when installing the bed extender posts, wrapped the back in foam so they'd fit snug and stuffed them in the rear drain holes. Looks nice and will be easily removable if necessary. The only thing i haven't figured out is how best to seal the bottom of the tailgate. I don't think the weather stripping will work since it'd be torn up the first time i dragged something over it plus it'd be a real pain when i haul loose material in the bed. I may just leave it be and see how much spray gets in.

JXL118

Reaction score
best part about the factory cover if you have Ram boxes. The rails fit right into the tracks for your bed utility group. So no more clamps along the rails.
Yeah definitely made the install quick and easy. i was a little disappointed though that they couldn't design the prop post so that it didn't interfere with sliding the cleats past it. Or even better, Design the rail and cleats so that they can be removed and replaced at any point in the track.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It's a shame that on a vehicle they list as $60-$69,000 that we have to put little patches and fixes like this. The rest of the truck it great, but they should create some type of rubber gasket (similar to what is in the doors) to provide a better seal. Look at all that light coming in. That means water too...

Prairie Grove

Reaction score
I just got our Ram Longhorn w/Rambox & MFtailgate. I have been looking for a hard trifold also . This just came from BAK #448227RB . Should work D0B7C5C8-AF3A-4AF0-8638-A14D936BA6CF.png

Mrsundays

Reaction score
So quick question for you guys. Did y’all covers come with the rails and hardware in a separate box? I picked up my cover from the dealer and it didn’t have the rails and hardware inside. I already called them and they are ordering a new cover. Also, my cover is an AC part number but according to them, there’s an AD part number now that supersedes it. That is the one they ordered. I’m wondering if the AC covers were messed up and didn’t ship with hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread