5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Max Care Warranty

ckirby500

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the Max Care Warranty? If so be cautious. My rear defroster came off the rear sliding window. Dealer says the fix is to replace the rear window. Max Care says “we will cover the defrost repair but the glass is on you since we don’t cover glass”. Makes absolutely no sense. Originally they said they’d cover it. Anytime I asked for an email confirming I’d get transferred around until finally they hung up on me. Waiting now on a call back from a manager. @RamCares i know y’all don’t cover this but your reps were pretty dang rude too on the phone. Pretty much “nope we aren’t covering it. Not our problem” then transferred me back.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Do you have a pic? I'm just wondering how that could happen. I've seen it happen when people remove tint. Or I've seen them broken in places. But I Can't remember seeing or reading about this happening on its own. How much do you use your rear defroster? I think I've only ever used one in a pickup a hand full of times in like 30 years. And I live where it gets cold. I don't think I'd fix it if mine does this once my factory warranty expires.

ckirby500

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Do you have a pic? I'm just wondering how that could happen. I've seen it happen when people remove tint. Or I've seen them broken in places. But I Can't remember seeing or reading about this happening on its own. How much do you use your rear defroster? I think I've only ever used one in a pickup a hand full of times in like 30 years. And I live where it gets cold. I don't think I'd fix it if mine does this once my factory warranty expires.
It’s still at the dealer but I’ll grab a pic when I get it back. I can’t stand it just dangling back there.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @ckirby500,

We would like to look into this matter further to see what we can do. Can you send us a private message with your case number? Thank you.

Hannah
Ram Cares

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Max Care ESP and no the glass isn't covered. I've seen people complain about this with cracked rear windows not being covered.

As mikeru82 said, I've never heard of this happening on its own for any vehicle I've ever owned.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shoot, now I'm curious about what extended warranty I have and hopefully I never have to deal with this.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glass is really only covered for the factory bumper to bumper warranty, and this isn't atypical for any brand. If you have auto glass coverage through your insurer, that might cover the cost of the glass.

With that said, your glass panel didn't break...the defroster did. This should be one of those times the repair is covered.

ckirby500

Reaction score
@GKIII I totally agree. If the glass was broken I totally would not have an issue and totally understand. But like you said, it's not the glass, it's the defroster.

I'm a week later and keep getting told 24-48 hours for a supervisor call back...nothing

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@GKIII I totally agree. If the glass was broken I totally would not have an issue and totally understand. But like you said, it's not the glass, it's the defroster.

I'm a week later and keep getting told 24-48 hours for a supervisor call back...nothing
Give RAMcares an actual call (866-932-3878) if you haven't already and escalate to conflict resolutions with your case manager.

Users who are viewing this thread