5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar LED Bed Lights Install?

Drpringle

Reaction score
Has anyone done this on a 2024 3500
I’ve ordered the parts from bam listed above but they weren’t even close to right ones
I’ve ordered the factory kit now and I’m wondering if there’s jumper wires for the 2024s so I don’t have to route the wires all the way back into the cab
Thanks

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone done this on a 2024 3500
I’ve ordered the parts from bam listed above but they weren’t even close to right ones
I’ve ordered the factory kit now and I’m wondering if there’s jumper wires for the 2024s so I don’t have to route the wires all the way back into the cab
Thanks
The parts listed in this thread are for 1500’s. Not sure they’ll for 3500’s

DublDeuce

Reaction score
Hey everybody! Got all the parts and the JSCAN for my iPad. It went smooth. This was my first experience actually using AlfaOBD. The light is working with the power button. The cargo lamp also comes on. I may disable that as I expect to add a camper shell. I was under the impression the light also went on when you open the tailgate. Did I miss something or am I mistaken?

I also found a near new set of Rebel wheels and tires with only 9000 miles on them. Wow, what a better look!

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Hey everybody! Got all the parts and the JSCAN for my iPad. It went smooth. This was my first experience actually using AlfaOBD. The light is working with the power button. The cargo lamp also comes on. I may disable that as I expect to add a camper shell. I was under the impression the light also went on when you open the tailgate. Did I miss something or am I mistaken?

I also found a near new set of Rebel wheels and tires with only 9000 miles on them. Wow, what a better look!
the lights come on when I open my tailgate

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You guys don't say what models you have. Lower models are probably missing the switch and wiring in the tailgate. Do you get tailgate open notifications?

DublDeuce

Reaction score
Damn. I thought the remote lock triggered it. The one feature I really wanted. LOL

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From my research, it’s just nuts and bolts. Pull the tailgate plate bolts and the wire harness is right inside. Plug and play wire harness. Undo the existing latch via a few bolts, replace with new latch. I would say using JScan to enable the features is the more difficult part for me.

DublDeuce

Reaction score
From my research, it’s just nuts and bolts. Pull the tailgate plate bolts and the wire harness is right inside. Plug and play wire harness. Undo the existing latch via a few bolts, replace with new latch. I would say using JScan to enable the features is the more difficult part for me.
Interesting. I didn't see options for that. Is there a thread on it in this forum?

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't see options for that. Is there a thread on it in this forum?

Edit: This is the thread I read about it.

Users who are viewing this thread