5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed light install without dealer flash

ScottR

Reaction score
I bought the mopar factory bedlight kit and have a couple how to videos on how I did it without a dealer flash. Idk if I'm posting this in the wrong place please let me know if I am.
Like and subscribe for more videos.
Let me know what you think. Hope this helps alot of people.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/581709762278245/

View attachment 14335
I bought the mopar factory bedlight kit and have a couple how to videos on how I did it without a dealer flash. Idk if I'm posting this in the wrong place please let me know if I am.

View attachment 14335
Thank you so much . I just installed my lights per your video and they work perfectly. My dealer in Arizona quoted me 565.00 for the kit and install or 300 just to flash the computer because they would “ have to carry the warranty” . So 132.00 and your video later and I have fully functional bed lights! Great job!

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Thanks for the great video instructions have had my lights sitting in the garage for a while now waiting for someone to figure this out lol (I hate wiring jobs)

Thanks again!

xflyhalf

Reaction score

View attachment 14335
Thanks for the video and the detailed explanation. I installed my cargo bed light kit today following your detailed pinning instructions. Works perfectly (including the driver's side button) and did not need a dealer flash. Had a scare when I reconnected the battery - no back up camera, climate control system, heated seats, satellite radio and a few other electronic issues. Researched some other threads on this forum which suggested this was normal behavior and to give it some time. I'm happy (and relieved) to report everything is back up and running. The only change I had to make was the color theme had reverted to the default. Thanks again for your efforts.

Capt Laramie

Reaction score
I did this to a tee....

Ran the wire harness and everything like the instructions.... Then spliced the second wire in like the video.... Put it all together and tried it, the light came on for a split second then it turned off. I checked everything..... And to add to it, the truck won't even turn over or anything now.

I'm at a lost and need help.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did this to a tee....

Ran the wire harness and everything like the instructions.... Then spliced the second wire in like the video.... Put it all together and tried it, the light came on for a split second then it turned off. I checked everything..... And to add to it, the truck won't even turn over or anything now.

So your truck wont start? Try removing your connecting. Disconnect negative battery terminal for 5min and reconnect. Try again.If still no go check fuses.

Capt Laramie

Reaction score
I did all of that this morning. Battery unplugged for a good hour.

Downloaded the wire diagrams for the c1 c5 c7 plugs that go into the BCM. All back to factory.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used this method and installed my bed light kit over the weekend. Kind of a pain to run the wire harness, but they now work flawlessly. Thanks for posting this!

BigBear1612

Reaction score
I did this to a tee....

The same thing happened to me.

bostonmeche

Reaction score
This method worked great for me as well. Though I did have a scare similar to what BigBear1612 and others mentioned with the truck not starting and having a series of sensor failures. I was able to determine that it was a mix of an intermittent connection with the T-Tap splice connector and that I should have disconnected the negative battery terminal prior to making the connections as the truck's computer appears to be always on.

I was curious though, how does the circuit work? A bit dumb to ask after I already did it, but I'd like to know because when I was trouble shooting I noticed that when only the beige and violet wire was connected (in the blue connector) the light switch would work properly with the truck (i.e. it turn on/off the bed lights associated with the rear brake light on the cab) but the actual bedlights I just installed would not turn on). After fixing the T-Tap connector the lights would then power.

Thanks Delmonico2019 bighorn for figuring this out!

KAM465

Reaction score
This method worked great for me as well. Though I did have a scare similar to what BigBear1612 and others mentioned with the truck not starting and having a series of sensor failures. I was able to determine that it was a mix of an intermittent connection with the T-Tap splice connector and that I should have disconnected the negative battery terminal prior to making the connections as the truck's computer appears to be always on.

I was curious though, how does the circuit work? A bit dumb to ask after I already did it, but I'd like to know because when I was trouble shooting I noticed that when only the beige and violet wire was connected (in the blue connector) the light switch would work properly with the truck (i.e. it turn on/off the bed lights associated with the rear brake light on the cab) but the actual bedlights I just installed would not turn on). After fixing the T-Tap connector the lights would then power.

Thanks Delmonico2019 bighorn for figuring this out!
I forgot to disconnect my battery before trying to follow these steps to get my lights to work instead of taking to get flashed and now lost all kinds of power to the front of my truck. 12” screen doesn’t power, front collision warning, auto start/stop, front windows on both front doors, etc

I’ve disconnected the battery, I’ve checked fuses, I’ve removed the new brown wire and replaced with the stock wire into the same C5 position - still nothing.

What else are you guys doing to bring it all back?

Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread