5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR 2" Lift Question

wolf1776

Reaction score
They look identical to me. What are the part numbers stamped on them? Is it possible that the kit came with the wrong arms?
I didn't take a pictures of the part #'s but they are correct on what's listed in the instructions. The tech who installs these kits said he's done 5 of them and they all look the same, which rules out them being boxed incorrectly.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't take a pictures of the part #'s but they are correct on what's listed in the instructions. The tech who installs these kits said he's done 5 of them and they all look the same, which rules out them being boxed incorrectly.

That’s odd. Maybe Ram doesn’t feel the arms / BJ’s are not compromised with 2” but provide the UCA’s because they expect the tech to booger up the boot??

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which brings us back to the question... why is FCA including them? The kit could be a lot cheaper if they're not necessary. Seems to me they are confident that a proper alignment can still be achieved with the stock UCA with any lift under 2" (because the Mopar lift is actually a nominal dimension, less than 2"). That makes sense, including redundant parts is mind boggling.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibility #1: Someone else purchased a 2" mopar kit and was told by the dealer doing the install that the part number on the UCA's that came with the kit were the exact same P/N's as the UCA's on the truck. Makes you wonder if they don't have the different upper control arms available and they are just shipping the stock arms with the kit.

Possibility #2: These are the correct arms with the correct p/n's and the only difference is heavier sheet metal used as the core of the arm before it gets surrounded by the composite to give the arm added strength.

Possibility #3: Same arm with an extended range ball joint?

Possibility #4: Correct arms with no difference between them and the factory arm, they are produced for about $15 then added to the kit to try and justify the outrageous price for the kit itself.

Has anyone with the 2" Mopar kit looked at the part number on their UCA to see if its different than factory?

wolf1776

Reaction score
Possibility #1: Someone else purchased a 2" mopar kit and was told by the dealer doing the install that the part number on the UCA's that came with the kit were the exact same P/N's as the UCA's on the truck. Makes you wonder if they don't have the different upper control arms available and they are just shipping the stock arms with the kit.

Possibility #2: These are the correct arms with the correct p/n's and the only difference is heavier sheet metal used as the core of the arm before it gets surrounded by the composite to give the arm added strength.

Possibility #3: Same arm with an extended range ball joint?

Possibility #4: Correct arms with no difference between them and the factory arm, they are produced for about $15 then added to the kit to try and justify the outrageous price for the kit itself.

Has anyone with the 2" Mopar kit looked at the part number on their UCA to see if its different than factory?
They are different part #'s for sure. But that's all that appears to be different. It's really weird.

Lawdog

Reaction score
Maybe it is just the angle of the photo but the radius of the curves appear different
IMG_0797.JPG IMG_0797.JPG

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At this point I’ve resolved myself to accept the fact that they are the same, unless I pull my old ones old and pull a set from the kit to compare.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. When was it installed, as it looks like it needs time to settle in the back ?

Lawdog

Reaction score
I picked up my truck today and it definitely has a rake. One of the salesman put a Mopar kit in his truck as well said they were comparing arms when installed his and mine and saw no difference. Unless the ball joint may have more movement available. As for the truck Laramie 6'4" box 3.92 Limited slip 12" radio and Harmon/Kardan . The Mega Limited in the background is my old truck I traded in Loved that truck but couldn't see wearing that expensive of truck out going to work 80 miles a day IMG_6041.JPG

Icecold77

Reaction score
Lift vs level.. You will always have rake.. if your cool with that, and or have weight in the bed good move.

If you want to LEVEL the truck- look at simply lifting the Front...

Different strokes for different folks.. they all have their place.

Reaction score
How hard is this kit to install and are the instructions well documented? I googled to find instructions, but no luck. I joined today and this is my second post.

Thanks, Ron

Lateralus

Reaction score
How hard is this kit to install and are the instructions well documented? I googled to find instructions, but no luck. I joined today and this is my second post.

Thanks, Ron
It's not hard to install, and the instructions are pretty decent. I was going to write up my install but have not had time. I'm not real happy with the lift at this point, because I have had a squeak in the front end ever since the install. I've narrowed it down to either the UCA bushings or the ball joint on the drivers side.

Reaction score
Lateralus,
Thanks for the quick response. We purchased lifetime warranty on this truck and warrant stipulates 2" max lift to retain the warranty. Kit looks like brackets lower UCAs, which raises truck, correct?

I've only ever owned Ram HDs with straight axles, so a little different leveling.

Thanks, Ron

Reaction score
This is my wife's truck and just looked at window sticker... it has the off road pkg which has 1 inch lift over stock ... why wouldn't FCA just add the 2 inches. I guess upgraded shocks and an inch might be worth $1200. Interestng....

Cheers, Ron

Reaction score
Hey Porboy,
I looked at your signature and saw the Hellwig rear away bar upgrade... just ordered mine from Amazon. I have upgraded every Ram truck with one, including my new Ram 5500. This will really improve the 1500s cornering. Thanks!

Cheers, Ron

Users who are viewing this thread