5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR 2" Lift Question

Lawdog

Reaction score
I am looking for information from those that have installed the MOPAR 2" lift. Have you compared the stock Upper Control Arm (UCA) to the replacement one in the kit. What are the differences? Is the ball joint at a different angle like the Ready Lift? Is it the same as stock just stronger piece?

Thanks for any comments or photos

Icecold77

Reaction score
Search the forum.. plenty on the subject. The RL UCA is a beast...

This is just my opinion on the Mopar 2 in kit. I also TOTALLY understand the upside of going with a Mopar upgrade/kit so I'm not saying the many who did made a questionable decision.

That said- I'd personally spend on better UCAs, and (upgraded shocks- however Outside of the full Mopar kit shocks are a challenge to find right now for the 2019s )before that kit...That makes the situation difficult until more aftermarket shocks/struts come out for the 19s....

Many went that route bc of the fact that lift with Mopars name on it wont hurt your warranty.. I cant blame them, piece of mind is invaluable...

Last edited:

Lawdog

Reaction score
Search the forum.. plenty on the subject. The RL UCA is a beast... makes the stock and 2in lift look pretty.

Personally I'd spend on better UCAs before that kit... 4 Fox 2.0 shocks, and some hardware $1300... I can get a pile of gear for that $$, not just a 2 in lift.. IMO

Many went that route bc of the fact that lift with Mopars name on it wont hurt your warranty..

Ive lifted leveled over 10 trucks, all with top notch products-zero issues

I want the FOX Shocks however, and I am NOT a fan of Poly bushings. That is my issue with the Ready Lift UCA Just my opinion however. I prefer the slight cushion the rubber bushings provide.. Did too many Rancho kits in the late 90's Rams that got very harsh when changed out the link arms with Poly Bushings from stock Felt every bump in the floor.. Again Just my opinion.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m one of those who spent that money on the Mopar 2” lift and have no complaints. I agree spending that type of money isn’t for everyone, but mine is solely for piece of mind and knowing no matter which Mopar dealership I go to, my parts are covered.

I’m not knocking anyone’s choice of what they use and how they use it. I’m happy with mine and when people ask would I do recommend it, only then do I comment YES. :)

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rustbelt mechanic on YouTube has a good video which explains the kit.

Lawdog

Reaction score
I'm downsizing some from the 6.4 Hemi Mega Limited to a new Laramie. 11.7 mpg is killing me now my job got a longer drive IMG_2998.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2999.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 54

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want the FOX Shocks however, and I am NOT a fan of Poly bushings. That is my issue with the Ready Lift UCA Just my opinion however. I prefer the slight cushion the rubber bushings provide.. Did too many Rancho kits in the late 90's Rams that got very harsh when changed out the link arms with Poly Bushings from stock Felt every bump in the floor.. Again Just my opinion.
Couldn't agree more, I also haven't come across poly bushing that don't require regular greasing to keep them quiet same issue I have with uniballs versus ball joints, unfortunately almost all aftermarket uca use sleeved poly with zerks. I'm hoping rough country offers a forged arm with the clevite bushings. Their welded tubular arms are weak but the forged arm they make for the GM trucks is legit. Too bad they don't use moog ball joints.

wolf1776

Reaction score
I am looking for information from those that have installed the MOPAR 2" lift. Have you compared the stock Upper Control Arm (UCA) to the replacement one in the kit. What are the differences? Is the ball joint at a different angle like the Ready Lift? Is it the same as stock just stronger piece?

Thanks for any comments or photos
I just spoke to Chrysler and they told me the part # stamped in the upper control arms in this kit is the same # stamped on the factory arms.

Last edited:

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just spoke with a Parts Mgr. and he told me the part # stamped in the upper control arms in this kit is the same # stamped on the factory arms. The tech doesn't even install them when installing this Mopar 2" kit. Crazy....

The part numbers are different and the arms are different to compensate for the ball joint angle.

Mopar uca:

Right side p/n 68323530AA
Left side p/n 68323531AA

Stock uca:

Right side p/n 68282382AA
Left side p/n 68282383AA

Go to 5:38 and he explains difference

wolf1776

Reaction score
The part numbers are different and the arms are different to compensate for the ball joint angle.

Mopar uca:

Right side p/n 68323530AA
Left side p/n 68323531AA

Stock uca:

Right side p/n 68282382AA
Left side p/n 68282383AA

Go to 5:38 and he explains difference

Wow, you're right! Thank you for the information.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I have no idea why you were told that they don’t even install the UCA that come with the Mopar kit. If I were to hear that from a shop, that would be the one and only time that I grace their doors. There’s a reason why it’s sold as a kit, and for someone to short you means in my opinion theirs issues there.

wolf1776

Reaction score
Factory Upper Control Arm on the left side (one with the nut) right side is the upgraded arm w/ the Mopar 2" Lift Kit. Had 3 Chrysler Techs all standing around trying to find the difference between the two arms, nobody could find a difference. They look identical....
What do you guys think? 1.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg
77072424.jpg

Attachments

• 77072424.jpg
    77072424.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hard to tell but seems like ball joint on Mopar is a hair different than stock. But I’m looking at it in my phone LOL

Maybe if you put them flat on a table with the ball joints hanging over the edge.

PorBoy

Reaction score
My personal feeling as an owner of this kit installed is they used the same UCA as stock. I’m feeling the reason why they included this is to justify warranty’s on it. This way they know that all of the parts were installed at the same time and they didn’t have to wonder about the condition of the factory ones. Truth be told again if my truck wasn’t under warranty, no way would I have paid that much for a factory kit.

Now I am in no way a ( tech ) so take what I’m writing as such. I’m just a little guy who’s purchased a kit to improve upon the 4x4 look lol.

Users who are viewing this thread