5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2" Lift...am i dumb??

Boom1911

Reaction score
I want a 2" lift for my Ram 1500...Am i dumb for wanting to spend the money on a mopar 2" lift? Is there a beter option? Just wanting the best ride and warranty integrity.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want a 2" lift for my Ram 1500...Am i dumb for wanting to spend the money on a mopar 2" lift? Is there a beter option? Just wanting the best ride and warranty integrity.
Short answer…yes. 🤣

J/k. But really…🤦🏻‍♂️

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine used from a user here. No complaints from me. That being said, if I were to pick a brand new kit, it would probably be Carli or similar.

Boom1911

Reaction score
I got mine used from a user here. No complaints from me. That being said, if I were to pick a brand new kit, it would probably be Carli or similar.
I was just looking at the Carli Commuter suspension. Do you have any opinions?

Reaction score
I put on a Ready lift 2” on the front to level it out. Still rides like stock and looks much better. I’m still able to fit in the garage.

Boom1911

Reaction score
Love mine…but at the time there were not many options.
I am still learning about lifts, and trying not to spend too much but get the most bang for my buck. My initial thought process was stay Mopar cause they engineered the truck and should know...and heard really good reviews about the ride.

The more I read about the Carli Commuter, the more I am sold...but then the cost is even more than the Mopar.

Mainly, I want to keep a slight rake, while giving me a couple inches of rise for the mountains.
Love this truck!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went with Motofab spacers. I don’t run wide tires, and don’t off-road so they worked out good to level my truck. Also nice if you wanna stay on the cheap side.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don’t need to go a pre built kit route to achieve your desire results. Going ala carte can also be economical if you do diligent research.

For instance, I originally swapped out my stock ORP shocks for Bilstein 5100’s. I gained about 1.7 inches of lift in front and retained about a 1/2 inch of rake. But, after I went with 22 inch wheels and E rated tires, my ride generally went to $h!t. I upgraded to Bilstein 6112’s in front, left the rear 5100’s but upgraded to Icon 1.5 inch springs a few months ago. I now gained two inches of lift in front and a 1/2 inch in back and still retained a 1/2 inch of rake. The difference in ride is night and day…the change in spring rate really did change the overall ride quality in a positive way.

Just an example of what is available out there for your truck. Many of us have done an all carte lift/level that was economical, achieved the desired result and retained or improved the overall ride quality.
Don’t get me wrong, the Carli system is top quality stuff. But for that price, you could get a fully loaded Zone 6 inch kit with Fox shocks for $5-600 less. If you’re willing to go more than two inches, there are many options out there that will definitely give you way more bang for your buck.
Do your research, read reviews, both good and bad, compare your findings and make an educated decision on your lift/level. As long as you stay within good quality parts/kits, your warranty will take care of itself.
Good luck👍

mrclortho

Reaction score
I went with a ReadyLift 3.5" and it drives and rides exactly like stock. I think I got about 3.5" front and 2" rear of lift. These newer Rams have got to be lower than ones from 10 years ago. My '13 1500 with a 2" level was as tall or taller than my current '23 with the 3.5". At first I was concerned 3.5" would be too much for my needs, but I think it is just right. I cannot speak for the Mopar lift, but I am pretty happy with my kit so far. My truck gets used as a truck and I tow a heavy trailer often. Now, to find the funds for wheels and tires...

ram3.jpg

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I am still learning about lifts, and trying not to spend too much but get the most bang for my buck. My initial thought process was stay Mopar cause they engineered the truck and should know...and heard really good reviews about the ride.

The more I read about the Carli Commuter, the more I am sold...but then the cost is even more than the Mopar.

Mainly, I want to keep a slight rake, while giving me a couple inches of rise for the mountains.
Love this truck!
Don’t think you will be disappointed in it. The Fox shocks were a night and day diff over the stock ones. The ride height is perfect and the stance is solid and a little more even…not completely though. Here is a pic of mine after I did it a few years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2158.jpeg
    IMG_2158.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 136

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do with your truck.

If you're going to offroad a lot, Do Carli Performance Kit instead. Fox 2.5 DSC is good too but you'll also need to buy all other support mods.
If you are going to offroad occasionally, do Carli Commuter. It's called commuter for a reason.
If you're going to do it just for the looks, Bilsteins 5100s are plenty enough.

You can refer to my thread for details on my fox 2.5 dsc: Fox 2.5 DSC Suspension - A Brief Overview, Procedure, and Review of Proper Suspension Setup

Boom1911

Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do with your truck.

If you're going to offroad a lot, Do Carli Performance Kit instead. Fox 2.5 DSC is good too but you'll also need to buy all other support mods.
If you are going to offroad occasionally, do Carli Commuter. It's called commuter for a reason.
If you're going to do it just for the looks, Bilsteins 5100s are plenty enough.

You can refer to my thread for details on my fox 2.5 dsc: Fox 2.5 DSC Suspension - A Brief Overview, Procedure, and Review of Proper Suspension Setup
Mostly daily commuter, but on the weekends we hit the Sierra Nevada back roads and fire trails. Nothing high speed or anything. The factory stance with the rake leaves very little clearance in the front. Want to keep a little rake, so not to interested in a level...so I'm really leaning towards the Carli Commuter.

You have a lot of knowledge on the subject. I'm still just learning the basics. Thanks for the advice!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mostly daily commuter, but on the weekends we hit the Sierra Nevada back roads and fire trails. Nothing high speed or anything. The factory stance with the rake leaves very little clearance in the front. Want to keep a little rake, so not to interested in a level...so I'm really leaning towards the Carli Commuter.

You have a lot of knowledge on the subject. I'm still just learning the basics. Thanks for the advice!
any time brother. If anything you can even throw in the rear springs to bring the rear end up a bit more if you're empty most of the time!
But regardless can't go wrong with Carli!

Boom1911

Reaction score
any time brother. If anything you can even throw in the rear springs to bring the rear end up a bit more if you're empty most of the time!
But regardless can't go wrong with Carli!
Do you have any opinion on the Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System; Stage 1? I'm seriously considering it after doing a little research and watching some reviews. Just curious what you think?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Love this truck!
And the rear sliding window. How's that working out? Carli is the way to go and if that is too much then a plain 'ol Fox 2.0 will give you your two inches and a killer ride.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have any opinion on the Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System; Stage 1? I'm seriously considering it after doing a little research and watching some reviews. Just curious what you think?
I wouldnt consider the Eibach nor the Mopar lift an off road system. Rather these systems improve on ride control & handling over stock while giving you added ride height. Important when you add big heavy tires.

Viewed in that lens, I think the Eibach Pro Truck is outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread