5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR 2” lift ADVISORY!

MagMan1379

Reaction score
The MOPAR 2” lift, includes FOX Performance 2.0 SERVICEABLE shocks.

Looking up the servicing table on these shocks, it is stated that they are to be serviced every 50k/miles with lite usage. Any Off-Road usage decreases the mileage in serviceability.

The good news: Fox will service these at $75 per. Full rebuild from what I’ve been told talking to FOX directly.

The bad news: there is no way to service these without removing them and sending them into FOX. The dealerships won’t touch a rebuild, they’ll only offer a replacement shock @$650/per.

As I can attest to, my truck being a daily driver, this is disheartening, My left front is bad. How do we get these shocks serviced while still in the truck without at least purchasing ONE and swapping it in place of a bad one?

One would think MOPAR and FOX would have come up with a plan to provide the necessary serviceability.

Thoughts/comments?

Link to RIDEFOX Service:

Attachments

• 085C9E54-3AAE-4D31-B421-79908E3A9F84.png
    085C9E54-3AAE-4D31-B421-79908E3A9F84.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 26
  • B05EA4BB-ADCB-4BC1-88D0-F4E02A302FBE.png
    B05EA4BB-ADCB-4BC1-88D0-F4E02A302FBE.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 26
  • EF30D4A6-C9D4-43DF-9C2B-96ACEE8017C3.png
    EF30D4A6-C9D4-43DF-9C2B-96ACEE8017C3.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Par for the course with performance shocks, that’s why they are expansive and can be rebuilt, unlike cheaper shocks where you just throw them away when they are bad.

All coil overs are the same way with the rebuild intervals.

I just kept a spare set of shocks and lift spacers around for when I needed to have mine rebuilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep I probably would of kept my stock setup on the shelf for times like this. It’s sucks but that’s just how some warranties work.. you gotta send in the defective item first then they’ll fix or replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sdc1213

Reaction score
You would think they would have a swap program that sends you out a rebuilt shock along with a core charge that is refunded when you send the bad shock in, minus the $75 for the rebuild. This would require extra inventory on hand plus a bigger warehouse, so it wouldn't be ideal for a lot of these companies that are limited on space. Plus they don't want to foot the bill.

Edit: My God! I just looked at the service recommendation chart. 10k miles rebuild for street and off road.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 50k rebuild is what they told me also. I don’t have the 2.0’s anymore, but when I did have them, I kept the stock struts and tophat spacers for when the shocks inevitably needed service.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would think they would have a swap program that sends you out a rebuilt shock along with a core charge that is refunded when you send the bad shock in, minus the $75 for the rebuild. This would require extra inventory on hand plus a bigger warehouse, so it wouldn't be ideal for a lot of these companies that are limited on space. Plus they don't want to foot the bill.

Edit: My God! I just looked at the service recommendation chart. 10k miles rebuild for street and off road.
🤣 That's like every 4 months for me! I just heard the door slam shut!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Their off-road doesn’t mean what most think. Unless you’re going high speed runs though the desert you don’t have to rebuild them at 10k. This is the same chart they use for all their shocks. From the 2.0s to the massive bypass ones on pre runner Tuttle trucks

Your typical slower off-road use is fine for 50k intervals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagMan1379

Reaction score
Anyone have a part number that can be ordered for a replacement front shock. Just the front shock is $600+\- what’s weird, is the rears are only $200.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The MOPAR 2” lift, includes FOX Performance 2.0 SERVICEABLE shocks.

Looking up the servicing table on these shocks, it is stated that they are to be serviced every 50k/miles with lite usage. Any Off-Road usage decreases the mileage in serviceability.

The good news: Fox will service these at $75 per. Full rebuild from what I’ve been told talking to FOX directly.

The bad news: there is no way to service these without removing them and sending them into FOX. The dealerships won’t touch a rebuild, they’ll only offer a replacement shock @$650/per.

As I can attest to, my truck being a daily driver, this is disheartening, My left front is bad. How do we get these shocks serviced while still in the truck without at least purchasing ONE and swapping it in place of a bad one?

One would think MOPAR and FOX would have come up with a plan to provide the necessary serviceability.

Thoughts/comments?

Link to RIDEFOX Service:
I also run the Mopar lift with the 2.0's, just curious how you know your shock is bad?
Not 100% sure but I think my passengers side is going @ 35k with mostly pavement and mild off-road use.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the Raptor guys have a swap out (and rebuild for inventory) program thru a place in Texas. My coworker has a worn out raptor and is looking, I'll try to get some info.

I'm going to suggest a different route - I'd like to see a "disposable" 2.0 sized, 2" lift, off road shock that I could schedule an appt at the dealer and get new $80/ea rears and $200/ea fronts plus install in a day.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the Raptor guys have a swap out (and rebuild for inventory) program thru a place in Texas. My coworker has a worn out raptor and is looking, I'll try to get some info.

I'm going to suggest a different route - I'd like to see a "disposable" 2.0 sized, 2" lift, off road shock that I could schedule an appt at the dealer and get new $80/ea rears and $200/ea fronts plus install in a day.

Good luck with that, hell doubt you can even get a set of stock shocks in stock at the dealer.. will probably have to be ordered and hopefully not in backorder. I think in a situation like this like mentioned a spare Bilstein should be kept in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread