5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Door Ding

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
I noticed today that my 2 month old truck was victim of some careless person at my expense while at my sons soccer practice at the park yesterday. Dent in passanger back door in the body line. Have an appointment at the body shop tomorrow morning with the paintless dent guy to see if it is fixable without major body work. I just don’t have patience for people like this. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 7C2FD5F6-ED65-4DFA-83F8-EF139B5BA4BD.jpeg
    7C2FD5F6-ED65-4DFA-83F8-EF139B5BA4BD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
In the future (if you have power steps) keep them deployed and if it’s a car their door will hit the step before the truck

I forgot to mention that It was in off road 2 with the steps deployed. Had a black Nissan Frontier pull in a few minutes after I parked. I could see it from across the field . I actually said to my wife “I raise the truck up and deploy the running boards and my luck I have a truck park next to me”. (She rolled her eyes at me) and Her car was on the other side. This is all before I knew they threw the door open and damaged mine.

M

Mdegen93

I forgot to mention that It was in off road 2 with the steps deployed. Had a black Nissan Frontier pull in a few minutes after I parked. I could see it from across the field . I actually said to my wife I raise the truck up and deploy the running boards and my luck I have a truck park next to me. “She rolled her eyes”. Lol My wife’s car was on the other side. This is all before I knew they threw the door open and damaged mine.
Well ****.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed today that my 2 month old truck was victom of some careless person at my expense while at my sons soccer practice at the park yesterday. Dent in passanger back door in the body line. Have an appointment at the body shop tomorrow morning with the paintless dent guy to see if it is fixable without major body work. I just don’t have patience for people like this. Wish me luck!

That sucks man. And that person had to know they hit you too.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
That sucks man. And that person had to know they hit you too.

Exactly what I said. I am paranoid anyway since I was victim to too seprtate shopping cart attacks on my GMC. I try to park away from all other cars. Look at the attached pic of the car that parked next to me today after soccer practice. Take note that the parking lot was mostly empty and I parked 10 spaces away from all cars. Just can’t make this stuff up.

Attachments

• 0DD001F8-F13A-4AE8-8E9C-08DE0B87EFC1.jpeg
    0DD001F8-F13A-4AE8-8E9C-08DE0B87EFC1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 116

immersivenc

Reaction score
Exactly what I said. I am paranoid anyway since I was victim to too seprtate shopping cart attacks on my GMC. I try to park away from all other cars. Look at the attached pic of the car that parked next to me today after soccer practice. Take note that the parking lot was mostly empty and I parked 10 spaces away from all cars. Just can’t make this stuff up.

Looks like they're an excellent driver, too.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. I'm super paranoid about stuff like that, in the 2 years I've had my truck I always try and park far away but like you said someone always comes and parks beside you no matter what.

Hope the PDR guy can get it out, they're usually surprisingly good.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Man that sucks. I'm super paranoid about stuff like that, in the 2 years I've had my truck I always try and park far away but like you said someone always comes and parks beside you no matter what.

Hope the PDR guy can get it out, they're usually surprisingly good.

I have the PDR insurance through my dealer and took it by today and they took pictures and started the claim process. My Service guy said he wasn’t sure if they could get it out but would contact me when he knew something. I have a buddy that runs a body shop that does fantastic work and I trust his opinion. So I took it to him to get his opinion on it and he said that one of his PDR guys was coming by tomorrow and he is the best he has seen especially on the more difficult repairs. He told me they usually do the PDR for my dealer so he called the service manager and ask if he could handle it from his side since the PDR guy he wanted to do my truck was coming tomorrow and the service manager told him to just send them the bill.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
They ended up doing the PDR this morning. Took 30 minutes. Before and after pics. They did a great job!!

Attachments

• E609CB66-2644-450D-B22D-BAE56DC18FDE.jpeg
    E609CB66-2644-450D-B22D-BAE56DC18FDE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • CB3F0B4D-64DF-449D-A82F-D99EC3D83F9B.jpeg
    CB3F0B4D-64DF-449D-A82F-D99EC3D83F9B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow.. the guy did fantastic. Especially on the body line. Thankfully its steel. If it were aluminum it would have been very difficult.

I park so far away anytime I park because of these situations. I find a corner spot and park as far in as possible. I am glad you were able to get it fixed I was steaming last night seeing it. I am OCD about my vehicles and drives me nuts that there are people out there that don't care that much.

niko

Reaction score
I had the same exact thing happen this past week. Same spot. Glad to see they were able to get it out. I need to find someone to do mine.

Users who are viewing this thread