5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mold Under Rear Seats

rontee

Reaction score
@RamCares I noticed mold on a roll of tape under my rear seats. Will Ram cover the removal of the mold or replacement of the carpet underneath my rear seats? I have an appointment on Wednesday, July 10, 2024 to address the water leaks from the rear window and 3rd brake light.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ramcares doesn't make that decision and can't answer that question. They are here to facilitate between you and your dealership. You'll hear soon enough after your appointment. I'd be more concerned about why there's mold growing back there. It's likely you have a water leak in one of the common areas for leaks...rear window, 3rd brake light, shark fin antenna, cab vents, or sunroof drains.

It's also helpful to provide information about the vehicle you're asking questions about. It's even more helpful, and strongly advised, if you add that information to your signature, as many of us here have done.

Finally, the content of this thread has to do with your truck's interior and has nothing to do with the powertrain. It's best to create a thread in the correct forum. In this case the Interior forum...

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My opinion: once you stop the water intrusion, the mold will die. A simple carpet cleaning/vacuum (with a cleaning spray?) should remove the remnants.

If you, or anyone who may be in your truck, has mold sensitivity, then a bit more would be need to be done.

I'd go to the dealer with your concerns. Good or bad, let us know what the dealer ends up doing.

breveal

Reaction score
@RamCares I noticed mold on a roll of tape under my rear seats. Will Ram cover the removal of the mold or replacement of the carpet underneath my rear seats? I have an appointment on Wednesday, July 10, 2024 to address the water leaks from the rear window and 3rd brake light.
It could also be cab baffler behind rear seat and not window or light. Had to replace mine and that stopped the water leak.

Pribilof

Reaction score
Are you still under the 3/36 warranty? Then you'll likely get all that replaced. I did due to the sunroof drain issues. Interior completely removed and new carpet installed under warranty.
Are you out of that? Then nope.

Users who are viewing this thread