5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moisture in LED headlights.

Sammy08

Reaction score
Just bought my 2019 Ram a week and a half ago. Both led headlights have a lot of moisture in the light. It's collecting now at the bottom portion and it's enough that it will flow from side to side of each light.
I took it to the dealer and the service department took pictures and said they will send them to Chrysler to see what they want to do about it. Is there any question that these should be replaced? It is already leaving water spots inside the clear lens.
Frustrated because I've been a life long Chevy truck guy and it took all I could do to switch to this Ram. So to date I haven't heard anything from the dealer.

Attachments

• 20190114_111344.jpg
    20190114_111344.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 192

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That stinks. Not normal at all. I really haven’t seen anyone else mention this here.
Try talking to the service manager.

Cheers,

geotex1

Reaction score
The housings are vented is what I've been told (have yet to personally confirm). So, might be worthwhile to look for yourself and see if something is clogging the vent. I've had a small amount of condensation when the weather bounces between extremes, but it's disappeared within hours giving seeming credibility to vents.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I just noticed this last night. Shot a txt to my salesman, we shall see what he says

Attachments

• 20190228_190326.jpg
    20190228_190326.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 20190228_190313.jpg
    20190228_190313.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 129

GreatWhite

Reaction score
I have also been having this issue on my truck. Usually it disappears after having the lights on for awhile. The weather has been fluctuating a lot here. If it keeps happening, I plan on taking it in as well.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone I know with the newest gen Durango is having this problem with their tail lights. Hopefully it’s not a Dodge trend.

smiles5619

Reaction score
There are some other threads about this issue on this website, just have a search in the search bar. I've been having this issue. Dealership advised there is a TSB out on this. There is an "acceptable" level of condensation. As long as it disappears, they wouldn't replace it. They showed me pictures from the TSB and in one picture it shows significant condensation (running droplets and a pooling of water at the bottom). These cases I'm told they will replace. Good luck. I'm told to monitor it to see if it gets worse. I will say. Mine does go away. It seems to only happen when it's really cold outside.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Yeah mine went away as well, still doesn't excuse this from happening. My 05 Cummins had original headlights that never had condensation in them. I expect a brand new truck to not have it either. Hopefully it subsides but I have an appointment Monday to have them take a peek

Sspearsau

Reaction score
I am also having this issue. In both my headlights and my fogs. Pretty heavy in the headlights. Not as bad in the fogs. I am going to touch base with my dealer and see what they come back with. Truck is 6 months old. Never have had a car with this issue.

Attachments

• Ram - Light in Fog Light 1.jpg
    Ram - Light in Fog Light 1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 62
  • Ram - Light in Fog Light 2.jpg
    Ram - Light in Fog Light 2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Ram - Light in Headlight 1.jpg
    Ram - Light in Headlight 1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 69
  • Ram - Light in Headlight 2.jpg
    Ram - Light in Headlight 2.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 72

Johnwi

Reaction score
Just bought my 2019 Ram a week and a half ago. Both led headlights have a lot of moisture in the light. It's collecting now at the bottom portion and it's enough that it will flow from side to side of each light.
I took it to the dealer and the service department took pictures and said they will send them to Chrysler to see what they want to do about it. Is there any question that these should be replaced? It is already leaving water spots inside the clear lens.
Frustrated because I've been a life long Chevy truck guy and it took all I could do to switch to this Ram. So to date I haven't heard anything from the dealer.
I just took delivery of my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited this morning at the dealership. I was inspecting the vehicle when I noticed condensation in the passenger side assembly. I mentioned it to my sales person but he didn’t say much right away. I mentioned it again and he’s said he would bring out the service manager. The service manage came out and looked at it and said he could see it. He said he’s seen it a lot in the new Jeeps. He said to watch it and when I bring it in for my first oil change, he’ll take another look. He said not to worry because I have my warranty. I’m kind of bummed. Brand new truck and already an issue. My salesmen texted me a document about the problem and that docement basically said it’s normal. I’ve never had this on any of my vehicles. I‘ve owned Ford trucks for 23 years and made the switch to Dodge. I hope this is t the beginning of a bad relationship.

I was planning to purchase a new LEER topper for my truck which had the multifunctional tailgate. I contacted my LEER dealer to have him check to make sure the topper I had picked out would work with the new tailgate. My dealer said he talked to LEER and they currently don’t have a topper that will fit the multifunctional tailgate and no idea when they’ll have something. Some more bad news

NC8520

Reaction score
Made a thread about this in the exterior section(I'm new here so please bare with me). I'm having the same issue. Noticed it the first night I Brought the truck home this Saturday (2020 ram 1500 big horn with halogen headlights). Truck sat in the sun all day then when it got dark and got cool out, I noticed this happened. Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpg
    IMG_1453.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 38

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Made a thread about this in the exterior section(I'm new here so please bare with me). I'm having the same issue. Noticed it the first night I Brought the truck home this Saturday (2020 ram 1500 big horn with halogen headlights). Truck sat in the sun all day then when it got dark and got cool out, I noticed this happened. Is this normal?
Had this same thing happen to my headlights within a month or so of purchase. Got them both replaced under factory warranty. No more issue for about 3 to 4 months now.

Last edited:

NC8520

Reaction score
I’ll probably bring it up to the dealer when I pick up my registration this week. Just bummed that the truck is 3 days old with only 120 miles on it as of tonight and I might have a problem already. I’m also concerned that they’ll scratch up my truck replacing the lights if they end up having to be replaced. The condensation goes away after about an hour. It got really cool here the past two nights(in the 50s with low humidity). Today it’s hotter and I just went out there in the dark and they’re bone dry so I don’t know what to think. Right now I feel like I bought a junker.

Dthurman

Reaction score
Have any luck, mine started to do this they said it’s normal it’ll go away when the weather warms up.

krd820

Reaction score
Have any luck, mine started to do this they said it’s normal it’ll go away when the weather warms up.
I had this issue in one of my headlights. I took it to the dealership and they replaced it without giving me any grief. The moisture was there for about 2 months before I got it fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread