5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moisture in cab

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Either side like that could also be third brake light seal, the cracked frame tends to have drips closer to either side of the slider. Good luck, I've had both leaks, sealed my shark fin also just in case to eliminate the third possiblity
gonna leak test just the corner of the glass later and see if it starts to come in. if not, then directly on the third brake light. I initially removed it and everything looked fine. Really weird for it to leak and only cause the drip at that corner. truck has been outside all day and it has been pouring non stop since this morning. curious to what I will walk out too.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes seal the back window to prevent the leaks, not the moveable window, just the perimeter around the rest of the windows.
its highly unlikely your back window is leaking due to a poor seal to the body. Really only see that on a few select brand new cars or ones that had a window replaced and it wasn't sealed correctly. The back glass is sealed the same as the front glass, sealed to the body with windshield sealant. No need to correct that unless it is leaking though the sealant.

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
Got the new rear window installed today under warranty, I will report back if I have any more issues, thanks for all the help & suggestions.

Duran

Reaction score
how long did the dealer keep your truck, correct me if im wrong but they just removed your window and put a new gasket around it is this correct ? i ask cause the desert sun messed mine up and i have to get a reseal.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
how long did the dealer keep your truck, correct me if im wrong but they just removed your window and put a new gasket around it is this correct ? i ask cause the desert sun messed mine up and i have to get a reseal.
It's not really a gasket or rubber seal. The entire rear window unit gets secured to the truck with 4 alignment clips and adhesive/glue. It's the same adhesive used to hold the windshields on the truck. The water leak is very rarely the adhesive unless they screwed up installing it. The leaks usually occur when the window frame is cracked or damaged.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
They replace the entire rear window assembly. Like Rlaf said, it's the frame that's the problem. The leak primarily happens when the frame develops cracks which allow water to get past the seal.

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
Dealer kept the truck just for the day, they ordered the window, called I brought the truck in & was done by the end of the day, the frame is plastic & is inserted & glued into the cab of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online