5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five_O_Nomad

Reaction score
So far my build has focused of overlanding/exploring. One of the most useful mods id my Diamondback cover with UpTop Overland bed rack.

2020 Ram Rebel
5.7 eTorque
Diamondback Bed Cover
UpTop Overland Truss rack.
Auxbeam Lights

Attachments

• 20240421_172253.jpg
    20240421_172253.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240421_172221.jpg
    20240421_172221.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240421_172229.jpg
    20240421_172229.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 35

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not very overlander without a roof tent lol

just kidding i like how lightweight your setup is!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right! I'm thinking of doing a pop up bed camper in the future. Then it's officially a overlanding rig haha
gogogo!

or join me in the GFC gang. I saw one for the Ram 1500 5'7" bed for sale with all the extras. Or take advantage of GFC's current sale of $1000 off and get installed in Montana in August! (they offer financing too, if you don't want to drop all the cash at once)

Five_O_Nomad

Reaction score
gogogo!

or join me in the GFC gang. I saw one for the Ram 1500 5'7" bed for sale with all the extras. Or take advantage of GFC's current sale of $1000 off and get installed in Montana in August! (they offer financing too, if you don't want to drop all the cash at once)
I was looking at the Lone Peak Overland campers. Bigger bed and bug net on the outside were the biggest points over the GFCF. Do you like yours?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking at the Lone Peak Overland campers. Bigger bed and bug net on the outside were the biggest points over the GFCF. Do you like yours?
i love mine. i call it the best decision i've made regarding camping gears.
I love how lightweight it is, and how there are plenty of aftermarket supports from mounting solutions, lighting solutions, accessories and stuff. Their customer support are rad too.
i also love now I got an inside space that can have complete privacy to get changed while standing up fully, or when it gets cold and the campfire dies down I can just retire to the camper and pump my diesel heater and I got a cozy space to watch a movie or something.
also love how it is lightweight so when I'm driving and wheeling, the truck doesn't complain about the weight at all. the only downside is when i encounter crosswind then... it's not as stable. But that goes to ALL campers.

Ownership experience has been great so far, even though I got it preowned (as long as you transfer the "title" with GFC the warranty can still apply to you, even though the official wording is "warranty does not transfer" you will still get help).

Lone Peak seems nice and costs less than GFC (obviously) but it's a new company so there may be some issues yet to be found. ALSO, it is ~100lb over GFC.

ALSO, GFC is the ONLY camper that can do this:
or this:
The way i see it is, if it's good to handle that kind of activities, it's good to handle whatever not-so-extreme activities

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now, if you put your order in before May, you'll get $1000 off and ready to install for September.
You will also get the upgraded tent with pockets (more storage for small things when you go to bed and more privacy for when you leave the side flaps open if you get the side door option), upgraded mattress (that I don't have... I bought from aftermarket vendor because mine's last year's model before they came up with Turbo Nap mattress), upgraded latches with double sided keys and locks (mine's the older style with single sided lock and key and sometimes it's a pain to lock and unlock).

regarding bed size... how many people you're trying to fit in there lol for me it's way big for single person. I can roll around in there and I'm like 5'10 and i got plenty of head and feet space left.

Five_O_Nomad

Reaction score
Just 2 adults and a kid (she may sleep in the bed). I also like how the bed of the Lone Peak can be lifted up parallel with the roof of the tent. You are swaying me a little tho!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just 2 adults and a kid (she may sleep in the bed). I also like how the bed of the Lone Peak can be lifted up parallel with the roof of the tent. You are swaying me a little tho!
2 adults and a kid should it no problem.
the "floors" of gfc can be removed for vertical height! or used as a standing desk too.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

Users who are viewing this thread