5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto R&D: RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Catch Can Kit

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Do you guys do in shop/local pick up? I'm in Delaware and interested.

Sorry I just saw this! Unfortunately, these will not be available for will-call from our Delaware warehouse. I'll let you know if that changes though.

Thank you all for your orders! We really appreciate the support!

-Steve

Neokane

Reaction score
Am thinking on ordering this. How do you remove the can to empty it, does it screw off or do you unscrew it from the mount?
Looks like the bottom of the can unscrews. The mount and hoses all stay attached.

Nick54

Reaction score
Am thinking on ordering this. How do you remove the can to empty it, does it screw off or do you unscrew it from the mount?
Post #14 Mishimoto Rep responded that they sell a drain kit for this can so there must be a threaded hole on the bottom for draining.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Entered the contest and hope to be able to jump on the pre-order pricing before it goes away (gotta wait til pay day :D ).

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Mishimoto Looking to order one today with the drain kit. Any coupon codes? SAVE100 code does not work.
When will the pre-sale end and when will they start shipping? Initially saw the end of March.

Neokane

Reaction score
@Mishimoto Looking to order one today with the drain kit. Any coupon codes? SAVE100 code does not work.
When will the pre-sale end and when will they start shipping? Initially saw the end of March.
Can't use promo codes with pre-order.
Pre-order is already discounted.
They say shipping in March.

Mishimoto

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
how does one know when to empty it? Or do you only check it at every oil change where it can never get that full.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, I stopped getting thread-reply emails for some reason. To answer your questions about emptying the can, the entire bottom of the can unscrews from the lid (baffles and filter stay attached to the lid). As @securityguy, @Nick54 and @Neokane said, there is also a 3/8 NPT port on the bottom of the can to add our drain kit to make draining a little easier. We recommend checking the catch can every ~1,000 miles to establish how much blow-by your truck is producing, then adjust the drain interval accordingly.

Coupon codes do not work on pre-sale items and I think the drain kit is also on sale, so coupons probably don't work on those right now either.

We're actually going to be ending the pre-sale tomorrow, so if anybody is on the fence about ordering, now is the time to buy! We may start shipping prior to the end of the pre-sale, so don't be surprised if you start seeing tracking numbers coming to your email.

Thanks @securityguy for filling in for me :D

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread