5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid Travel Build

Moto21

Reaction score
I dont think it works that great to be honest to offset the cost. We have them on jeeps in our shop here ive driven them over varying terrain adjusting every which way never noticed enough of a difference for the price.

Gotsboost

Reaction score
I dont think it works that great to be honest to offset the cost. We have them on jeeps in our shop here ive driven them over varying terrain adjusting every which way never noticed enough of a difference for the price.
Dang really was hopeful it would make a big difference.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i'm sure it'd be killer if you can pair it with Carli lol

i know they (carli) make carli e-click (e-venture) for ford HD... im wishing they make it for ram too i dont know why they wouldn't

Gotsboost

Reaction score
Well after some more research it looks like I should be able to do icons. CDEV system by swapping the reservoirs. Much cheaper option and should have similar results. Calling icon today for pricing.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
beware of icon's overall build quality.
I have friends and customers witnessing firsthand failed icons on trail (bolt sheared off).
Most recent one was on a bronco that just installed icons the day before trail and had to get towed back.

tbh if i was you and doing something this serious i'd trust nothing less than king or fox.

Gotsboost

Reaction score
beware of icon's overall build quality.
I have friends and customers witnessing firsthand failed icons on trail (bolt sheared off).
Most recent one was on a bronco that just installed icons the day before trail and had to get towed back.

tbh if i was you and doing something this serious i'd trust nothing less than king or fox.
Yea I have heard that. I have had and pushed icons on 3 rigs now. Never once an issue. I have blown foxes a few times. I have never had kings however. Icon did however **** me off Friday. They won’t install the resi’s. The guys said it just won’t work but it clearly will with the tuning function. Just going to wait for dirt kings kit to come out to see what they come up with.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I have heard that. I have had and pushed icons on 3 rigs now. Never once an issue. I have blown foxes a few times. I have never had kings however. Icon did however **** me off Friday. They won’t install the resi’s. The guys said it just won’t work but it clearly will with the tuning function. Just going to wait for dirt kings kit to come out to see what they come up with.
screw icon. as an installer I actually tell my customers not to choose icon due to quality and reliability issues. some of my customers came back with leaky shocks in less than a year and they don't run trails as hard.

ive heard about fox blown too but at least i have the know-how and tools to rebuild. if i'm really not feeling doing my own revalving and experimenting i can always send it out too.

Gotsboost

Reaction score
Whats up guys got tired of waiting on dirt kings so building my own long travel rear set up. I still feel the rear on the truck is lacking. Got these on sale Friday. Have a shock conversion kit coming too. 818A4A23-E76B-48B4-AC47-8CED63238947.jpeg

Gotsboost

Reaction score
Here is the conversion. Last time I bumped out the truck it had 2 inches of shaft still showing. This will affectively allow the full use of the 10 inch bypass. It will also allow the rear to droop another inch by my estimation. This will allow for another full inch of down travel or more. I’ll get measurements. 308C794A-94D4-4956-A18C-0C626875A35B.jpeg

Gotsboost

Reaction score
Lastly I believe I’m not getting all the up travel I could be with the sumo springs. So have these triple rate ones on the way. They are about 2 inches shorter then the sumos. 729293A3-118B-407A-9A63-394FA79B4FEB.jpeg

Gotsboost

Reaction score
A picture for reference of the sumos. If I don’t like the energy suspension ones I may just cut the bottom of the sumos making them 4 inch’s vs 5.

1503B47C-2DD4-4FC8-81F1-3C5225F488AD.jpeg

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you can send me your 4 inch ones haha but dam that build is sick come help me with mines hH

Gotsboost

Reaction score
everything came in. Too bad it’s the wife’s b-day this weekend. I’ll have the write up by next weekend. Hopefully I measured right.

Attachments

• 710C10F8-7B3C-4293-93CF-C34395BCBE3F.jpeg
    710C10F8-7B3C-4293-93CF-C34395BCBE3F.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 32

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so do you say bump stops are better then sway bar ?
Not better. Sway bars hinder articulation which is not good for trailing. Some suspension systems use bump stops to absorb hard bottoming when going fast on trails.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ahh gotcha makes sense so basically if i remove sway bars off roading i can use bumpstops to help keep some restrictions on suspension

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ahh gotcha makes sense so basically if i remove sway bars off roading i can use bumpstops to help keep some restrictions on suspension
you'll need longer/ purpose built bump stops than the stock one. You'll also need to make sure the bump stops are able to handle the pressure put on them.
The ideal bump stop would be something that's gradual, as in, it gradually absorbs the impact until it's fully compressed. Most bump stops are just to absorb the limited impact that has been limited by other components of your suspension.

You'll want King's hydro bump or something of that sort, and make sure it fully does its job before you run out of travel (when you run out of travel you're basically using your shocks as bump stops, which is not good at all)

hope that makes sense.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you'll need longer/ purpose built bump stops than the stock one. You'll also need to make sure the bump stops are able to handle the pressure put on them.
The ideal bump stop would be something that's gradual, as in, it gradually absorbs the impact until it's fully compressed. Most bump stops are just to absorb the limited impact that has been limited by other components of your suspension.

You'll want King's hydro bump or something of that sort, and make sure it fully does its job before you run out of travel (when you run out of travel you're basically using your shocks as bump stops, which is not good at all)

hope that makes sense.
totally makes sense and helps my rookie *** out haha

Users who are viewing this thread