5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid Travel Build

Gotsboost

Reaction score
I wouldn’t run a sway bar even if I didn’t have bumps. They can act similar but are 2 completely different things. I’m not saying to remove a sway bar to anyone. It’s just my preference as each front wheel can now act independently.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t run a sway bar even if I didn’t have bumps. They can act similar but are 2 completely different things. I’m not saying to remove a sway bar to anyone. It’s just my preference as each front wheel can now act independently.
got it was tempted to remove the front just to see how it drives 🫡😂🙈

stancedeuros

Reaction score
Offroad, a disconnected sway bar is money. On road, around corners, towing..sway bar is good. For hooning around Offroad or where he wants max independent travel, no sway or disconnected sway is the way.

Gotsboost

Reaction score
She’s a little dirty but got some blue sumo springs on today. Didn’t end up going hydraulic because of the packaging. Should net another inch of up travel. I cut off the stock pump stop mounts. Turned out good.

FAA1AD80-B985-4796-80E4-C7A04488FF72.jpeg 18266B05-5ED9-47FD-A1A9-6290F0D21029.jpeg

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You say blue? I like the clean install, I used the sumo clamps on the OEM cups. I am seriously wondering how safe to truck parts the blue sumos compare to OEM bumps at full compression, if they are safe or if the OEM are really junk, or what... I am riding on the blue at ride height with the sumo spacer and cup clamps - very rough ride, need to do something, probably pull the spacer and maybe taper the sumo if you think they are as good as the OEM at protecting bottom outs.

Gotsboost

Reaction score
You say blue? I like the clean install, I used the sumo clamps on the OEM cups. I am seriously wondering how safe to truck parts the blue sumos compare to OEM bumps at full compression, if they are safe or if the OEM are really junk, or what... I am riding on the blue at ride height with the sumo spacer and cup clamps - very rough ride, need to do something, probably pull the spacer and maybe taper the sumo if you think they are as good as the OEM at protecting bottom outs.
Yes blue. I tested the bump travel on my icons and had almost 2 inches left of travel when the axle was all the way against the cans holding the factory bump stops. The icons are the same length as my factory rebel shocks. The first thing that will contact is the upper arm with the fame at about 3/4 of an inch after the stock bump stop cups are cut off. The blue springs compress about 70-80% of there original size I have about an inch before that point.

Gotsboost

Reaction score
Had a great run with a few raptors Saturday. Truck is every bit as good as a stock gen 2 at this point. The sumo springs where a great mod. The rear feels great now. I will say high speed with the tazer dt turning off everything is sketchy. No abs takes awhile to get used to. 2A999FC5-45A1-4C59-84C9-CBEB9B37EA5C.jpeg

Last edited:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are you located? We have raptor runs here as well.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes blue. I tested the bump travel on my icons and had almost 2 inches left of travel when the axle was all the way against the cans holding the factory bump stops. The icons are the same length as my factory rebel shocks. The first thing that will contact is the upper arm with the fame at about 3/4 of an inch after the stock bump stop cups are cut off. The blue springs compress about 70-80% of there original size I have about an inch before that point.
do you have part number?

Gotsboost

Reaction score
I should note the stud is a little long and will need trimmed down. Get a good saws all blade and it only takes an hour. I think I used a Diablo

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
roger that thanks!
we got cutting disks at the shop for metal work. that should be good enough

Gotsboost

Reaction score
any reason you went with that kit and not the one thats for ram ?
Well one I got it for $100 and 2 the ram kit is trash. You make things worse with that kit. You have to understand suspension to get it but basically you greatly limit travel with the ram kit. The way I did it you get the best of both worlds. My goal was to gain more uptravel and it really works well.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well one I got it for $100 and 2 the ram kit is trash. You make things worse with that kit. You have to understand suspension to get it but basically you greatly limit travel with the ram kit. The way I did it you get the best of both worlds. My goal was to gain more uptravel and it really works well.
just wanted to know. hHa i will go with what you are saying just was looking at it and wondering …. also have a link to the ones you grabbed ?

Gotsboost

Reaction score
just wanted to know. hHa i will go with what you are saying just was looking at it and wondering …. also have a link to the ones you grabbed ?
Part number ssr-117-40. However you only really need the spring itself. Might be able to save $100 just ordering the springs.

Users who are viewing this thread