5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory seats

andyc16

Reaction score
Great question Patsy1099!!!!

andyc16,

I am sure it is doable but to what extent cost wise worth/value along obstacles/procedures to make it happen as well.

Just off top of my head few things I can think of that may come into play---
-seat powered? YES--(patsy1099 again good start point!!!)
-harness there? should be see part info below
-Part/Switch needed for side seat panel? 68233963AB -do you need to change out side panel on seat? I don't think so/appears to have same as powered seats?
-code for dealership to activate/flash to work??? LEQ/Le5 not sure
-Is key fob same or need upgrade??? I don't know

I don't have the memory seats either so I don't know all the functions, key fob memory/if it has memory keys somewhere else. Biggest battle is that part above seems to be the same part in the Limited so it has the function, just not turned on.

Hopefully others can chime in to help!!!

Part info for seat---

Limited seat part:
https://www.moparpartsinc.com/a/Ram...8/_52016_7589054/Switches--Seat/i2381567.html

Rebel seat part:
https://www.moparpartsinc.com/a/Ram...8/_52016_7589054/Switches--Seat/i2381567.html
Awesome info I will have to do some research

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
So, for those that have the memory seats....where is the memory buttons?????? LMAO....I don't see them on the schematic for the side of the driver seat. Buttons on door?

Edit---found it in Manual----driver's door has the buttons....so, that makes it very expensive as the door runs up there!!!
$5-6-$700+ for the door

So add finding out if door has harness and then where you gonna find alternative buttons(switches) to customized your door???

PAGE 47 IN MANUAL (don't know if page number is different)

Last edited:

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
And....wiring for driver's door for the memory buttons in case your vehicle does not have same harness. I don't know what your vehicle has in it but here is some links to pricing in Limited and Rebel. You will have to research to see if your vehicle has the harness inside it/available.

It looks like it depends on what other options you have in your truck that determines which harness you have installed. Look at the harnesses and see which list "drv seat" hopefully this gives you some indication as to what you have in your truck/wiring. <----hopefully that makes sense...it does in my brain...lol.

Limited:
see specifics for listing of "drivers seat" in description

Rebel:

Oh...welcome to the forum....I have found some really helpful people in here that provide the best information they can to answer our questions. I am just passing along the help I can. Hopefully I have not posted anything misleading; if so, someone will correct me and I will edit out the bad information if that is the case.

If cost is not a factor then it is doable as far as I can see on this project. At least talk to dealer and see what they say and get a written quote from them. That will give you the yes/no and exact parts/cost etc.

As a diy project, at least you have the power seats to start, and find out if you have the correct harnesses already installed in your vehicle; then it would be the buttons and customizing your door so you don't have to spend the big dollars on the entire door panel. Then how much dealer charge to activate (key fob?). This will get you started along with others helping out to determine yea or nay.

Keep us posted. By posting what you find out from the dealer will help others that come across this thread. Happy modding!!!!

andyc16

Reaction score
Well I for sure won't be buying the door panel since I have a rebel. This is all suck good info I have company over for the rest of the weekend but I will try to research as time allows

andyc16

Reaction score
So at the end of the day I think everyone is correct in saying its just not worth the headache. Looks like the Rebel does share the memory module with a limited if you have power pedals. It would seem that you need to change the Door, harness, seat bottom harness and modify the rebel door panel to accept the switch. I was looking at all the Limited key choices and memory was never mentioned in any of the descriptions but I am sure if the Rebel keys would work or not. Rough guess with the parts i found it would not cost a ton maybe $200-400 but without a strong enough knowledge of the systems I dont know if I am willing to spend the money. I am going to continue to do some research and stop out to the dealer and see how willing they are to help.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
So at the end of the day I think everyone is correct in saying its just not worth the headache. Looks like the Rebel does share the memory module with a limited if you have power pedals. It would seem that you need to change the Door, harness, seat bottom harness and modify the rebel door panel to accept the switch. I was looking at all the Limited key choices and memory was never mentioned in any of the descriptions but I am sure if the Rebel keys would work or not. Rough guess with the parts i found it would not cost a ton maybe $200-400 but without a strong enough knowledge of the systems I dont know if I am willing to spend the money. I am going to continue to do some research and stop out to the dealer and see how willing they are to help.

Good idea about the dealer, especially once you get the written quote you can see where you are at with the harness etc.
It may come down to the door panel and what the dealer has to flash(if any) if your current other parts are there. Then you can negotiate with a more "knowing" hand....then don't forget for parts the 15% MOPAR discount.

So
-written quote
-negotiate--consider out loud you doing the labor yourself--then how much if dealer just flashed
-see where they stand, if price comes down
-go from there!!!

Keep us posted!!!

andyc16

Reaction score
So I stopped at the dealer after work and the parts guy seemed like he was interested in helping. He also seemed pretty busy so he was not able to do much. He did print me off a vehicle information sheet which is pretty cool. We discussed it a bit and decided I should try and find a truck that is optioned very similar but has the memory seats so we could compare the VIR's. I was hoping to at least narrow down which door harness I have in my truck but they all list more options than I can find on my sheet. I am a little stumped to say the least. I am also new to Mopar parts so maybe I am just not reading them correctly.

Here is the link to the Rebel door wiring:

Here is the only options I found on my VIR that matched:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I stopped at the dealer after work and the parts guy seemed like he was interested in helping. He also seemed pretty busy so he was not able to do much. He did print me off a vehicle information sheet which is pretty cool. We discussed it a bit and decided I should try and find a truck that is optioned very similar but has the memory seats so we could compare the VIR's. I was hoping to at least narrow down which door harness I have in my truck but they all list more options than I can find on my sheet. I am a little stumped to say the least. I am also new to Mopar parts so maybe I am just not reading them correctly.

Here is the link to the Rebel door wiring:

Here is the only options I found on my VIR that matched:
View attachment 28862

From what I can gather, this is your drivers door harness, Part Number 68360301AD

And this is for a truck with with the same options, but a higher trim that includes memory and accent lighting, Part Number 68357403AD

Now, the site says every harness I pick "fits" your 2019 Rebel, but I think that's only because they are the same index number, so ignore that. Whether or not it will plug and play is completely different from physically fitting in the same spot.

Lize

Reaction score
Do the Rebels have auto dipping in reverse of the side mirrors, I'm not sure if I've missed that in uConnect settings or whether its linked to memory seats. Was just wondering if that may have be part of the door harness difference and could perhaps be added with flashing at the same time.

andyc16

Reaction score
From what I can gather, this is your drivers door harness, Part Number 68360301AD

And this is for a truck with with the same options, but a higher trim that includes memory and accent lighting, Part Number 68357403AD

Now, the site says every harness I pick "fits" your 2019 Rebel, but I think that's only because they are the same index number, so ignore that. Whether or not it will plug and play is completely different from physically fitting in the same spot.

That was my guess as well. Next step is to find a truck that is similar with the memory seats along with trying to identify some more parts. Accent lighting would be nice too LOL

andyc16

Reaction score
Do the Rebels have auto dipping in reverse of the side mirrors, I'm not sure if I've missed that in uConnect settings or whether its linked to memory seats. Was just wondering if that may have be part of the door harness difference and could perhaps be added with flashing at the same time.

I have not noticed mine doing it but I also have tow mirrors and not sure if that would make a difference.

Lize

Reaction score
I have not noticed mine doing it but I also have tow mirrors and not sure if that would make a difference.
Tow mirrors may well make a difference but I think it might come tied with memory seats in the other models, I'm going to check out uConnect tomorrow as its the middle of the night here now! I did have a read of a thread earlier where some people were commenting that they dip too low but no one had a Rebel listed in their signature.

JordanHRP

Reaction score
New here, don't own a Rebel, yet at least. My wife and I have been shopping for another vehicle and added the Rebel to the list today, we both really like it, more than we thought...but the lack of the memory driver seat is fairly important to us, especially at its price point. The vented seats would be nice but the memory is more important since we both swap driving it so often. Anyway I wanted to see if there's any new info on adding this to any of your trucks? If its possible for the dealer to add...I'll sort out adding the button myself to the seat or the door..I'm not concerned about that. I just want to know if it will actually work and is possible to do?..and if anyone has added this feature. Thank you!

andyc16

Reaction score
New here, don't own a Rebel, yet at least. My wife and I have been shopping for another vehicle and added the Rebel to the list today, we both really like it, more than we thought...but the lack of the memory driver seat is fairly important to us, especially at its price point. The vented seats would be nice but the memory is more important since we both swap driving it so often. Anyway I wanted to see if there's any new info on adding this to any of your trucks? If its possible for the dealer to add...I'll sort out adding the button myself to the seat or the door..I'm not concerned about that. I just want to know if it will actually work and is possible to do?..and if anyone has added this feature. Thank you!
I gave up but I'm pretty sure it's doable I just don't have time to worry about it

JordanHRP

Reaction score
Well darn, sounded like you were close. I'll check with dealer on monday and get them to quote it. Thanks for letting me know.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
If you can find out if the wiring harness in your vehicle (to be) has the actual wiring for the buttons in it; that would be where I left off....

I was able to find the wiring harness but the question is---are there different wiring harnesses for the vehicles and is that specific wiring for the memory there(tied up inside door) even if not used?

If that makes sense....my coffee has not kicked in yet!!!!

JordanHRP

Reaction score
Yes, I'll find that out. Do you think if the harness isn't there, it's as simple as just swapping the existing harness, with the harness that is needed for the memory, then the dealer has to just flash the computer or something? Or would it not be as simple if the harness wasnt there to begin with?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Yes, I'll find that out. Do you think if the harness isn't there, it's as simple as just swapping the existing harness, with the harness that is needed for the memory, then the dealer has to just flash the computer or something? Or would it not be as simple if the harness wasnt there to begin with?
I am not a mechanic. But looking at the harness it is bigger than just to the door--it goes to other parts of vehicle. Now hopefully a more experienced person will chime in; but to me it would be more involved if the harness is not there as you would still need the wiring that goes from the harness to the other parts involved with the memory seat/pedals/key etc.

If you ask for a written quote, this can then be broken down to see if worth it or DIY'able. This is where a written quote would help because you can then say you only want it for the seats and they may be able to improvise.

JordanHRP

Reaction score
I see. Yes I'll definitely get them to detail out the quote....right now my wife said that's what's holding her back from for sure committing to the Rebel, will have to weigh it out pretty heavily if it's not able to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online