5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maximum Steel Owners...

Pitcom

Reaction score
Just ordered a Max Steel limited fully loaded yesterday with ram boxes. Water goes in on Monday. Still tossing and turning over chrome bumpers or body paint bumpers. Would love to see pictures of both and how they both look 6 months down the line. I'm sure everybody loves what they got but any pictures and pitfalls would help a new person struggling with those decisions that we all struggled with. Thanks. And happy to be in this subgroup of the group.

I ordered a Max Steel Limited in February. I personally hate the chrome bumpers so i went with the painted option. They had one at a dealer Ivisited and it looked fantastic. There is just too much chrome making it look bulky IMO. Either way, good luck with your choice, what you like is all that matters.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-02-20-55-14.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-02-20-55-14.png
    374.6 KB · Views: 317

jonesy

Reaction score
Just ordered a Max Steel limited fully loaded yesterday with ram boxes. Water goes in on Monday. Still tossing and turning over chrome bumpers or body paint bumpers. Would love to see pictures of both and how they both look 6 months down the line. I'm sure everybody loves what they got but any pictures and pitfalls would help a new person struggling with those decisions that we all struggled with. Thanks. And happy to be in this subgroup of the group.
I'm really liking the Max Steel with body color bumpers and grille, not a big chrome guy...

IMG_20190311_174439649_HDR.jpg IMG_20190311_174504667_HDR_2.jpg

dorskh

Reaction score
Anyone out there with a max steel longhorn with color match bumpers????

jonesy

Reaction score
I like the tires. A little more A/T but not too much. Are those 275/55/20's? How do they ride? Did you put them on after or did dealer and what did they run you?
275/65/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T, ride great, they came on the truck from the factory, they're OE with the North Edition package (US version)

jonesy

Reaction score
The North Edition does have the 1Inch lift.
No it does not, I have the truck, although it may have just changed since my order in January. I can attach my build sheet if you'd like, but you can also see in the online configurator that it's not included.

The just released Canadian version of the North Ed apparently does, but that's also probably why it has the " 4x4 Off Road" decal versus just the "4x4" decal on US North Ed trucks. According to the article on site the Canadian version also includes Deluxe Cloth Bucket seats and 20" wheels with 275/55/R20 A/T tires, neither of which are included with US North Edition.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No it does not, I have the truck, although it may have just changed since my order in January. I can attach my build sheet if you'd like, but you can also see in the online configurator that it's not included.

The just released Canadian version of the North Ed apparently does, but that's also probably why it has the " 4x4 Off Road" decal versus just the "4x4" decal on US North Ed trucks. According to the article on site the Canadian version also includes Deluxe Cloth Bucket seats and 20" wheels with 275/55/R20 A/T tires, neither of which are included with US North Edition.
I got mine the beginning of January and though it doesn't say anything on the sticker, I noticed the height difference when I test drove the truck because I was going to buy a different Ram on the lot. We (salesman and I) parked the two side by side and it was obvious the North edition was taller, and I didn't know anything about different models or even what "North" edition meant. All I knew was that I wanted the less blingy rims, the locking differential, and the hill descent feature because I live in the mountains.

jonesy

Reaction score
I got mine the beginning of January and though it doesn't say anything on the sticker, I noticed the height difference when I test drove the truck because I was going to buy a different Ram on the lot. We (salesman and I) parked the two side by side and it was obvious the North edition was taller, and I didn't know anything about different models or even what "North" edition meant. All I knew was that I wanted the less blingy rims, the locking differential, and the hill descent feature because I live in the mountains.
I'm not referring to the window sticker, but rather the much more detailed 9-page build sheet. Also not sure why they wouldn't ship with the taller 275/65/18 A/T tires that come with the ORG if you don't do the 20" wheels. Not looking to argue, but I actually noticed no real difference in height between mine and a standard Big Horn parked next to it on the dealer lot when I took delivery. Otherwise I ordered it with the North Ed for most of the same reasons you cited, i.e. no blingy rims, but with the locking diff, hill descent and for me, body color matched grille and bumpers. I'm also in the mountains.

Separately, great avatar - still trying to find my face!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not referring to the window sticker, but rather the much more detailed 9-page build sheet. Also not sure why they wouldn't ship with the taller 275/65/18 A/T tires that come with the ORG if you don't do the 20" wheels. Not looking to argue, but I actually noticed no real difference in height between mine and a standard Big Horn parked next to it on the dealer lot when I took delivery. Otherwise I ordered it with the North Ed for most of the same reasons you cited, i.e. no blingy rims, but with the locking diff, hill descent and for me, body color matched grille and bumpers. I'm also in the mountains.

Separately, great avatar - still trying to find my face!
Thanks! I got a couple other ones I swap it out for occasionally but I really like the Space your Face :)

Where do you find the build sheet? My wife actually was the one that noticed a height difference first because she's shorter and it was harder for her to get in the North edition.

Users who are viewing this thread