5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maximum Steel Owners...

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, I was able to look at it (I think the same thing) through my owner's garage. You're right, it doesn't specifically say in there "1 inch lift" but it does say "North edition", while also listing some of the things that are specifically in the North edition package - the e-locker, block heater, etc. It would be redundant to put that in there if it didn't carry some small things they didn't think was consequential enough to put in the specific list.

All I can say is that my wife noticed the difference in height when we were test driving, and we parked two of them side by side and the one I got was obviously taller. Whether it's through a factory 1" lift or some other way the truck was set up I can't say - I don't know anything about lifts so I wouldn't even know where to look to see if I got the factory lift or not.

jonesy

Reaction score
OK, it doesn't look any higher to me (and any lower would seem oddly low) but I'll concede to consensus. How so then, via slightly taller springs I assume? I don't see spacers or otherwise.

cq64

Reaction score
OK, it doesn't look any higher to me (and any lower would seem oddly low) but I'll concede to consensus. How so then, via slightly taller springs I assume? I don't see spacers or otherwise.
I believe it has spacers.
Also has heavy[er] duty shocks.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it has spacers.
Also has heavy[er] duty shocks.
I looked at mine the other day - and admittedly I have no idea what I'm looking for, since I've never lifted truck myself - and it appeared to me that there was some kind of plastic spacer at the top of the springs.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was regretting ordering this color once I saw the new blue for the 2022 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition.... This thread makes me love it again.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Almost 3 years in and I still love the color.
I was behind one this weekend and in the lighting it looked black. It was driving me nuts, but, my dealer tell me that Ram usually rejects changes to color and there is no option for the new blue that they can code in so I guess I'm stuck with it. 🤣

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I was behind one this weekend and in the lighting it looked black. It was driving me nuts, but, my dealer tell me that Ram usually rejects changes to color and there is no option for the new blue that they can code in so I guess I'm stuck with it. 🤣
If you're like me, you'll enjoy "getting stuck with it". :cool: Every day I'm loving it more and more. I was orginally looking at the Red Pearl but i got an offer I couldn't refuse on my truck.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're like me, you'll enjoy "getting stuck with it". :cool: Every day I'm loving it more and more. I was orginally looking at the Red Pearl but i got an offer I couldn't refuse on my truck.
I hope so! I can be finicky on colors. Half the time I dig the maroon shade on the Limited.

I'm like an indecisive woman. 🤦🏼‍♂️

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I hope so! I can be finicky on colors. Half the time I dig the maroon shade on the Limited.

I'm like an indecisive woman. 🤦🏼‍♂️
In today's market, you might actually be able to profit by turning around and reselling it if you don't like the color. :p

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I thought I wanted black but when I saw this color at the dealership I was sold.

Here is a picture after I added nerf bars this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_2493.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 106

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
My 6’4” Laramie ECO with GoRhino D6 bars.

Attachments

• A4E0E302-84D7-496C-A2DC-53CB63C52437.jpeg
    A4E0E302-84D7-496C-A2DC-53CB63C52437.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 93

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The original color I wanted was Delmonico Red, and I still think it's a fantastic color, but I'm not disappointed at all with the color of mine.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
The more i look at maximum steel metallic pics the more i get pissed that they discontinued the colour for the 2022s....Granite Crystal Metallic is nice but it isnt the same as MSM...anyway i hope us guys here in Ontario arent waiting another 6 months to get our factory ordered RAMS....the wait is just frustrating!!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The more i look at maximum steel metallic pics the more i get pissed that they discontinued the colour for the 2022s....Granite Crystal Metallic is nice but it isnt the same as MSM...anyway i hope us guys here in Ontario arent waiting another 6 months to get our factory ordered RAMS....the wait is just frustrating!!
FWIW Who knows if it's actually been discontinued. Maybe it's simply a supply issue. My order for Maximum Steel was accepted on June 20th. If they're having supply issues with getting enough paint, they may have just pulled it off the option sheet. Who knows, it may be available again in a month. I haven't heard anyone reporting their dealer being told by the regional rep that it's a discontinued color.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a pretty cool color and seems to change colors depending on the angle you look at it from. Sometimes mine looks black, other times deep sea blue like the Atlantic.

Users who are viewing this thread