5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maximum Steel Owners...

Bwarren2

Reaction score
How hard is it to keep this color clean and does it only look blue in the sunlight? I like the color from videos I have seen, but I looked at a Max Rebel, that had not been detailed and it seemed like it would rarely stay clean becuase its such a dark color. It's a neat color and truck since it can look like black, gray or blue, just looking for guidance.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
All of the above, I have owned all colors of the spectrum. The darker colors will show dirt and dust more. However are you ever satisfied with a vehicle that is not showroom clean? I'm not. The Max steel in my view will look as you said ,Black Grey, Black Blue. It really does change with the sunlight. That's what I like about it.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 14 was Max Steel. One day I would call it Dark Blue, the next Dark Grey but I wouldn’t call it Black before those colors. It stayed reasonably clean looking throughout the year.

RBRK

Reaction score
My 13’ was Maximum Steel I really liked it. Now I have granite crystal metallic. I think the Max Steel did not show dust as much as the Granite. It did look blue in the sunlight and changed with the light. White or silver are going to be your best colors for not showing dirt and dust.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I would agree with the comments above, but I have had more than one person think it was black when the sun was behind it. Here's a pic of mine.

View attachment 5281

I think the chrome helps with Max Steel, i t really sets is off. On the Rebel, I think the the dark wheels and two tone hurt it. The more I look, the more I keep coming back to white / black for the rebel

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the chrome helps with Max Steel, i t really sets is off. On the Rebel, I think the the dark wheels and two tone hurt it. The more I look, the more I keep coming back to white / black for the rebel

I’ve never had an interest in the Rebels but then I seen a 2019 in white. Impressed me enough to get pricing and that’s where I learned they don’t like to deal as much. :(

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would say it's probably the darkest color that I could stand having some road dust on it. Black would show too much, and the Patriot Blue would be too pretty to ever not have spotless lol. When the sun is out tho, it's hard to beat a clean Max Steel

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I would say it's probably the darkest color that I could stand having some road dust on it. Black would show too much, and the Patriot Blue would be too pretty to ever not have spotless lol. When the sun is out tho, it's hard to beat a clean Max Steel
the Billet Silver also looks solid in direct sunlight, I'm a big fan of metal flake

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Living on a long dirt road, I can speak to the issue of dust and dirt. My Gen 4 in Mineral Gray Metallic was great at covering dust. Silver is also good. My current truck in Black Forest Green shows every drop of water and each spec of dust.

Grinnin

Reaction score
A5EE057E-992D-4105-ACAF-0A3E65DFEB7F.jpeg
I have a Laramie with the 20” wheels in Max Steel. Love the color and I agree with Bwarren2 that the chrome sets it off nicely. I had wanted the sport package until I saw this. You do see some dirt a little more than the lighter colors, but it’s worth it!

03pghvfr

Reaction score
Recently picked up a max w/ two tone lower. It’s a nice color and seems to change depending on lighting. Previous Ram was a 16 in silver, never looked dirty so this darker color could be more work to clean.

Attachments

• A584C6FB-84EC-48C5-B972-4E98C105B9ED.jpeg
    A584C6FB-84EC-48C5-B972-4E98C105B9ED.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 330

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have this color and LOVE it! I really wanted patriot blue, but got a better deal on this particular truck. The color really is variable. At times dark blue, gray or black. It's beautiful in the sun, and I don't find it difficult to keep clean.

Attachments

• B3CDBF6A-304D-466B-A70D-8C348A9DCCA4.jpeg
    B3CDBF6A-304D-466B-A70D-8C348A9DCCA4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 509

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Recently picked up a max w/ two tone lower. It’s a nice color and seems to change depending on lighting. Previous Ram was a 16 in silver, never looked dirty so this darker color could be more work to clean.
I have to say the two tone in this color is awesome. I had not seen a two tone yet. Very nice

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered a Max Steel limited fully loaded yesterday with ram boxes. Water goes in on Monday. Still tossing and turning over chrome bumpers or body paint bumpers. Would love to see pictures of both and how they both look 6 months down the line. I'm sure everybody loves what they got but any pictures and pitfalls would help a new person struggling with those decisions that we all struggled with. Thanks. And happy to be in this subgroup of the group.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
Still tossing and turning over chrome bumpers or body paint bumpers. ...any pictures and pitfalls would help a new person struggling with those decisions that we all struggled with.
IMHO, after seeing all of the colors lined up next to one another, the darker the paint color the more important it is to have a chrome bumper to offset the massiveness of the painted panels. A dark paint color with matching body color bumpers makes the truck look like an old model Durango. Yuck!

Of course, my opinion is worth less than 2-cents and you know what they say about opinions...

Draw007

Reaction score
Just ordered a Max Steel limited fully loaded yesterday with ram boxes. Water goes in on Monday. Still tossing and turning over chrome bumpers or body paint bumpers. Would love to see pictures of both and how they both look 6 months down the line. I'm sure everybody loves what they got but any pictures and pitfalls would help a new person struggling with those decisions that we all struggled with. Thanks. And happy to be in this subgroup of the group.

Chrome... less paint to cover with ClearBra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airman734

Reaction score
I agree with what everyone else states. This color is absolutely beautiful in the sun and I have had much worse colors that show dirt and grime. This color does pretty well at covering it up. I had a pearl white truck on order and they messed it up and I got this one. I'm actually very happy that I got this color.

Users who are viewing this thread