5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max USB thumb drive size??

SzaboTx

Reaction score
Does anyone know the max USB thumb drive size that our stereos will accept (I have the 8.4" w/nav if that matters)?

I added a Samsung 256gb USB 3.1 thumb drive and only about 1/3rd to half of the folders seem to be showing up. Hoping it just needs more time to "read" it before they show up. The folders that show up work perfectly and some even show the album cover (haven't messed with it enough to figure out why some show the album cover and others don't).

I saw on a previous thread that someone said to disperse the music into folders, which I have done...I'm pretty anal about all of my music being categorized by genre/artist/album/song... ie E:\Heavy\Pantera\Far Beyond Driven\Slaughtered

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Does anyone know the max USB thumb drive size that our stereos will accept (I have the 8.4" w/nav if that matters)?

I added a Samsung 256gb USB 3.1 thumb drive and only about 1/3rd to half of the folders seem to be showing up. Hoping it just needs more time to "read" it before they show up. The folders that show up work perfectly and some even show the album cover (haven't messed with it enough to figure out why some show the album cover and others don't).

I saw on a previous thread that someone said to disperse the music into folders, which I have done...I'm pretty anal about all of my music being categorized by genre/artist/album/song... ie E:\Heavy\Pantera\Far Beyond Driven\Slaughtered
I run a 128GB on my 12” w/o issues. Wish I could help but I am not sure what the limit is.
Even the service manual does not have info on this.

RSZ

Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere that there was a 20,000 file limit that Uconnect would recognize.

SzaboTx

Reaction score
That makes sense...sucks, but makes sense.
Guess I just need to take out a bunch of my music...no big deal.
Thanks for the feed back!

davidn0021

Reaction score
I just use an old iPhone with downloaded Spotify tracks. Crappy part is you have to use Bluetooth to avoid Carplay which means using the phone to navigate your library.

Zeeya

Reaction score
I just use an old iPhone with downloaded Spotify tracks. Crappy part is you have to use Bluetooth to avoid Carplay which means using the phone to navigate your library.
I have done this with the touch ipod and an old phone. I just turned off car play in settings and it does not come up when I plug it in.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Wait, you can turn off carplay?
I’ll look up settings and let you know where I did it. 😩 I thought on truck, but it’s in general settings on iPhone. CarPlay. when I do plug my iPhone into front usb, I don’t allow CarPlay and use truck nav system, or allow and use phone nav.

Users who are viewing this thread